Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    Please add the option to control the upper bound of uncapped FPS or simply increase something like 1250->1500.

Right now if you uncap your FPS (0 in settings) and then uncap your GPU it will still be bound around 1250fps.

It would be very beneficial if you allow us to go higher for a few reasons... when trying to create stability at ultra low latencies there must be a way to offset some loss within the client. The easiest being just creating extra frames which don't end up getting used.

As always thank you for your consideration.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I don't think there's such a limit in the game. If I decrease the resolution to a low enough value I can achieve 3000+ FPS.

Here is a screenshot I just took:

3. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

furl (11-02-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Is the FPS locked by resolution? I will experiment more thanks for sharing this I did not try super low resolutions yet.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Its not locked by resolution albeit related for obvious reasons. I also get 2k at times if unbounded at maximum resolution.

6. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

furl (11-02-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    I put it on lowest and nothing changed... good to know its something else though sorry for my stupid request lol... hoping I can find out what is throttling me at 1250fps... surely its not performance bottleneck if I get 1250 at 1080p... and yet still get 1250 at 540p.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by furl View Post
    I put it on lowest and nothing changed... good to know its something else though sorry for my stupid request lol... hoping I can find out what is throttling me at 1250fps... surely its not performance bottleneck if I get 1250 at 1080p... and yet still get 1250 at 540p.
    Small update; I was using NVidia Low Latency Mode (On|Ultra) and this is actually the only thing capping my FPS. I turned it off and tried stock settings and went up to 2.2k sorry again for the mix-up and thanks for the help. Hope this helps anyone else going for big FPS.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by furl View Post
    Small update; I was using NVidia Low Latency Mode (On|Ultra) and this is actually the only thing capping my FPS. I turned it off and tried stock settings and went up to 2.2k sorry again for the mix-up and thanks for the help. Hope this helps anyone else going for big FPS.
    Glad you resolved it.

Thread Information