Thanks
    I like the option for fighting against mummies but in TDM every player looks exactly the same. Make them different models or at least give everyone unique colors

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    The low poly models option works so well because everyone has the same model, so there's much less to process for your system. [and in TDMs, enemies already do have a red model, so there's a little difference to your team] If we give everyone different models we increase the processing again and kind of ruin the positive effects on your system / FPS. Might as well not use the low poly model option in that case. We're thinking about adding outlines as an option, but that will also decrease FPS - and I'd rather just have all enemies have a red outline. Different colors could be nice, but could also lead to more confusion I think. E.g. if you see a blue outline you could be thinking that's your friend, but that could actually be your enemy too. So that's a bit of a confusion aspect to consider.

Country
    Thanks
    Does no one remember twinning back in the day? lol
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    The low poly models option works so well because everyone has the same model, so there's much less to process for your system. [and in TDMs, enemies already do have a red model, so there's a little difference to your team] If we give everyone different models we increase the processing again and kind of ruin the positive effects on your system / FPS. Might as well not use the low poly model option in that case. We're thinking about adding outlines as an option, but that will also decrease FPS - and I'd rather just have all enemies have a red outline. Different colors could be nice, but could also lead to more confusion I think. E.g. if you see a blue outline you could be thinking that's your friend, but that could actually be your enemy too. So that's a bit of a confusion aspect to consider.
    This. As explained above different models ruins the point and multiple color variants would be confusing especially in the context of TDM. Perhaps multiple colors might be applied to non-team related modes but not for TDM, thus moving this over to Declined.
    Last edited by justRelax; 01-14-2023 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Typo :(

Spoiler!

Thread Information