Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Great idea! Adding a huge time delay + disable chatting + game room option might be all that's needed to have this added without risking abuse from the community. People already give away others positions while playing already, I don't see this causing any addition risk than what's already present.

Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    Hence I suggested something like disabling the chat so you won't be able to leak someone's location/health, I know it's too harsh tho.
    I don't see those limitations being judged as harsh. I think the point of a spectate mode is for those who simply just want to watch. Spectating should be just that, spectating!
    Last edited by Desecration; 11-17-2022 at 12:32 AM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    "Can I tell already that youre against it which is fine, but please say a valid arguement rather throwing out what I said completely or give a solution such as Ommadawn suggested, and lets stay respectful please and thank you!"

Here's your solution read it again.

There needs to be AT LEAST a one minute gap in time so people can't watch their friends TDM and say " He's in the back hallway ", " He's going left " , etc and give callouts based on a spectator experience.

It can only work if there's a delay big enough that spectate cannot be abused, and programming that feature to show the match ~1 minute ago is a giant pain in the ass when it comes to making that work within GunZ. At this point what would be the most effective, a serverside run .GZR file for every game ? It's a really hard problem to implement properly, and it's an extremely abuse-heavy feature if added in as you would like.

"And im pretty certain most people will not care about this and will have the feature spectate enabled. "

You can be as certain as you want but you are flat out incorrect.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    "Can I tell already that youre against it which is fine, but please say a valid arguement rather throwing out what I said completely or give a solution such as Ommadawn suggested, and lets stay respectful please and thank you!"

Here's your solution read it again.

There needs to be AT LEAST a one minute gap in time so people can't watch their friends TDM and say " He's in the back hallway ", " He's going left " , etc and give callouts based on a spectator experience.

It can only work if there's a delay big enough that spectate cannot be abused, and programming that feature to show the match ~1 minute ago is a giant pain in the ass when it comes to making that work within GunZ. At this point what would be the most effective, a serverside run .GZR file for every game ? It's a really hard problem to implement properly, and it's an extremely abuse-heavy feature if added in as you would like.

"And im pretty certain most people will not care about this and will have the feature spectate enabled. "

You can be as certain as you want but you are flat out incorrect.
    I have no idea what youre saying lol. I never mentioned anything about delay or whatsoever. That already just shows that you are not reading what im saying lol or you dont understand english. Your gramma is all over the place and you have yet to mentioned what I said. I dont feel the need to repeat my self anymore please move on and just actually read my post or dont.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    Is there something I missed?
    I cant tell if youre being serious or youre trolling me hard

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Montreal View Post
    Now there is something we can agree on!

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    You asked him for a solution to make your suggestion work and he provided one, i.e. adding a delay when spectating. This mitigates any potential abuse since information seen by spectators have already become irrelevant to the players. I honestly don't understand where you got confused, Cid has been perfectly coherent this whole time.

Unnecessary whiteknighting aside, I like the idea for the exact same reason you do. Sometimes I just wanna chill and watch other people play. That said, I also agree with Omma and Cid. I completely believe GunZ kids will go to the trouble of toggling their OC/UC/macro just so they can trash talk in a training room.

But even then, if two people really wanted to go on VC and leak spots in TDM then they can already do that even with no public spectator option. One person can literally just join the other team and leak spots from there. So yeah honestly I think, with the addition of Bunny's and Omma's ideas, this idea is good.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

I know its been suggested many times and it indeed got deny all those times for the sole reason of people wanted it for cw and probably using as an advantage! However , the only reason im suggesting this again, is just for casual play, specifically just normal rooms in the "Main Lobby". I ask this because I personally like watching people play gunz while I work or just to spectate duel rooms , tdm or private rooms while I eat or someshit .

Now I know you can still fight against it saying that ppl can still use this as an advantage again. So my counter arguement is just to set it as a setting in the room settings or Custom Game option where you can allow people to specrate or not. Heck theres even a lovely space for it https://i.imgur.com/m5MkRNn.png

And idk maybe for VIP give them access to be able to spectate any room regardless of the option being on or off? Who knows im just sprouting ideas at this point.

In all honestly, I just would like to spectate game rooms just to chill instead of having to rejoin constantly.
    What are yall thoughts on this?

Suggestion description:
    Denied? On the contrary it is in the To be added later pile. Interesting solutions of a delay brought up that weren't discussed in the original thread, which are possible solutions to cheating. Although not perfect they seem to get the job done.

Spoiler!

9. The following user said thank you to justRelax for this useful post:

Montreal (11-17-2022)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    You asked him for a solution to make your suggestion work and he provided one, i.e. adding a delay when spectating. This mitigates any potential abuse since information seen by spectators have already become irrelevant to the players. I honestly don't understand where you got confused, Cid has been perfectly coherent this whole time.

Unnecessary whiteknighting aside, I like the idea for the exact same reason you do. Sometimes I just wanna chill and watch other people play. That said, I also agree with Omma and Cid. I completely believe GunZ kids will go to the trouble of toggling their OC/UC/macro just so they can trash talk in a training room.

But even then, if two people really wanted to go on VC and leak spots in TDM then they can already do that even with no public spectator option. One person can literally just join the other team and leak spots from there. So yeah honestly I think, with the addition of Bunny's and Omma's ideas, this idea is good.
    Yet another that didnt do the research or reading before hand. Okay I dont know why its so hard to undersand >.<. Im not asking for any delays. Im not asking to spectate a room with like FREE CAM or anything. If you understand how spectating works in other servers you would know what I mean, however if you never seen it in function before, I will try to explain to my best ability. Its as youre watching someone's perspective of playing , if you were dead in a duel room or tdm. Now there was already PAST threads mentioning a DELAY and I can already tell you that its far too complicated to code (as I am a programmer myself) for such FEATURE.

And as a result, MY SOLUTION , is to have such a feature to spectate a room if you want to ENABLE OR DISABLE in which THE HOST OF THE ROOM HAS the WILLINGNESS of ENABLING or DISABLING the feature and as for users to JOIN the room they have the DECISION of JOINING the room wether it has the feature "SPECTATE" enable or not.

Side note, I have no idea what does OC/UC have to do with spectating? Unless youre talking about watching someone you suspect which is fine? I guess I dont see the issue there. As for macro, I can see where people would spam macros as a spectator and be disruptive, in which case I do support @Ommadawn's idea or just have it where the spectator has their own chat (such as like how teams has their own chat)

Thats my solution @CID and @Amamin. Now if you still dont undestand what im trying to say. We can continue this in a private chat and leave the comments for other solutions or valid arguements.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    Denied? On the contrary it is in the To be added later pile. Interesting solutions of a delay brought up that weren't discussed in the original thread, which are possible solutions to cheating. Although not perfect they seem to get the job done.
    Oh cool I didnt see this haha I mean thanks I guess I just typed the word "spectate" and brought up all the threads that has it on their title.
    Last edited by Montreal; 11-18-2022 at 06:49 AM.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I already coded this and enabled it by mistake a few updates ago. But it wasn't supposed to be enabled because it wasn't finished so I disabled the feature again. I should finish this feature and re-enable it..

12. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Kanate (11-24-2022), Montreal (11-17-2022)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information