Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I already coded this and enabled it by mistake a few updates ago. But it wasn't supposed to be enabled because it wasn't finished so I disabled the feature again. I should finish this feature and re-enable it..
    I was very upset when you removed it, I'd like to suggest that spectators name display in tab and can direct kick by room master, adding 20-40sec delay depending on game-mode is use more useful and less cheating.

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

2. The following user said thank you to Faky for this useful post:

Cid (11-19-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Montreal View Post
    And as a result, MY SOLUTION , is to have such a feature to spectate a room if you want to ENABLE OR DISABLE in which THE HOST OF THE ROOM HAS the WILLINGNESS of ENABLING or DISABLING the feature and as for users to JOIN the room they have the DECISION of JOINING the room wether it has the feature "SPECTATE" enable or not.
    Someone already mentioned that if they choose to go this route that the majority of players will just automatically skip over the spectating option due to the fact that it will get abused if they DON'T add a delay. Thus making it a pointless addition as it will most likely not be used much at all.

Also while we're on the topic of addition game room options...can we make it so you can edit those options as room master rather than choosing them before you create the room?...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Someone already mentioned that if they choose to go this route that the majority of players will just automatically skip over the spectating option due to the fact that it will get abused if they DON'T add a delay. Thus making it a pointless addition as it will most likely not be used much at all.

Also while we're on the topic of addition game room options...can we make it so you can edit those options as room master rather than choosing them before you create the room?...
    Such a bold statement to say "maroity of players" when its only so far you and Cid that are against this. I dont personally see you guys activately play nor cw or care about competitive play so why is it such a bother for you? Anywho thats beside the point, I for the fact can ASSURE you this is not a pointless addition and I can most certainly say with confidence that the people in my clan will love this feature. I dont see the harm of just adding it and see how the community uses it? And if it really pointless they can always remove it.

It just baffles me you really think this feature can harm anyone but hey if youre that really insecure of your health and position in a PUBLIC game room please dont enable this feature, its all im asking and im sure whoever this "majority of people" you say will gladly follow.

At the end of the day, McSic has already added the feature that alone just proves my point lol. Its only matter of time and a single patch.
    Last edited by Montreal; 11-25-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Montreal View Post
    Such a bold statement to say "maroity of players" when its only so far you and Cid that are against this. I dont personally see you guys activately play nor cw or care about competitive play so why is it such a bother for you? Anywho thats beside the point, I for the fact can ASSURE you this is not a pointless addition and I can most certainly say with confidence that the people in my clan will love this feature. I dont see the harm of just adding it and see how the community uses it? And if it really pointless they can always remove it.

It just baffles me you really think this feature can harm anyone but hey if youre that really insecure of your health and position in a PUBLIC game room please dont enable this feature, its all im asking and im sure whoever this "majority of people" you say will gladly follow.

At the end of the day, McSic has already added the feature that alone just proves my point lol. Its only matter of time and a single patch.
    ...what? I never said I was against this suggestion at all. I'm sure at first everyone creating rooms will all turn this option on. Until it starts to be abused (assuming they DON'T ADD A DELAY). After that, players will slowly stop turning that option on as people are going to just call out in chat.

I'm all for the idea, I even find myself wanting to spectate from time to time. If it's that time consuming to add the minute long delay into it, then they could try releasing without the delay and see what the feedback looks like within a week/month and go from there. Maybe it won't get abused, but I already see players calling out their teams locations when it's just that player alive. So I don't doubt that it'll continue to happen with the addition of spectating.

Also I wasn't aware you were speaking of cwing also....because in your first post you literally say "is just for casual play, specifically just normal rooms in the "Main Lobby" " So not sure why you added in the fact that you don't ever see me clan warring or "caring about competitive play" or even "see you actively playing".

I'm not against the idea at all. I'd even love for them to add the option to spectate clan wars (was that a thing in ijji ) I'm clearly just stating my concerns about it being added and the potential abuse it can carry with.

But like you said, why not just add it without the delay and asses a week or two from there.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information