Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: make sticky grenades not stick to yourself or teammates

Suggestion description: The sticky grenades are being abused now in crowded rooms.

The player suicides when hp is low and takes a couple of players with him by suiciding near them.

I dont think this was intended when introducing the nades.

A simple fix would be to not make it possible to stick the grenades to yourself or teammates.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    That sticky grenades stick to yourself was done intentionally. I don't know if it's good or bad though.

Jordan's Avatar Cloud9 💨 💨 💨

Country
    Thanks
    I feel like the only thing that could make a difference would be that sticking players should damage the stuck user regardless if on same team

Country
    Thanks
    My personal opinion is it's bad. U can deny the kill and also take an enemy player with you that is basicly full hp. I can just put acceleration vials run to the enemy base with my block up and self detonate.

Jordan's Avatar Cloud9 💨 💨 💨

Country
    Thanks
    I just made a comment in our chat how I would’ve liked to see stickies back in the original form which had a timed explosion instead of it working like C4

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Jordan for this useful post:

donkiller (11-24-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    This change would also fix the problem. i am not against it.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by donkiller View Post
    Suggestion type: make sticky grenades not stick to yourself or teammates

Suggestion description: The sticky grenades are being abused now in crowded rooms.

The player suicides when hp is low and takes a couple of players with him by suiciding near them.

I dont think this was intended when introducing the nades.

A simple fix would be to not make it possible to stick the grenades to yourself or teammates.
    Sticking to yourself and teammates was intentional, but heavily nerfed before release. It's much more worthwhile to stick an enemy, but I don't think that's a popular strategy yet.

From what I've seen, it's quite difficult and high risk to suicide bomb. The failure rate is quite high due to ping difference, back pedaling, ranged weapons, and even your own stickies launching you off in the wrong direction. When I watched the kamikaze's k/d over time, the return on investment was horrible. It's mostly for the memes imo.

If you dump your stickies on your teammate then you have the issue of communicating with your teammate, which is difficult even over voip like Discord, when combat situations change by the milliseconds.

I think this topic should be put up to a poll. Are you able to add a poll to this thread?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I just made a comment in our chat how I would’ve liked to see stickies back in the original form which had a timed explosion instead of it working like C4
    What if you make it so if they're stuck to a player (team or enemy) then it's a timed sequence. Whereas if you throw the nades onto the map then you can choose to detonate it instead. This would fix the "suicide bombers" (although, it's very entertaining in my opinion).

Just an idea.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    Suicide bombing is fine. It is only done in Garden. People can already block explosions with EX. The bombs fail to kill most of the time, you need to get stupid close for it to work, there is no anti lead, and you are losing 1 player in your team. People are only complaining because it's frustrating when you die to a bomb, no different than the 1 hit kill nades

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information