Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    The AFK timer is way too long. Rooms die out too fast because people are afk in game. Just today 2 people (only 2, normally more) were afk in 1 team for so long that their whole team left, killing the room. The most annoying thing is that the GMs are also doing this as well (Tony and Jordan). Kicking them sounds like the best option but it gets rejected most of the time since people are greedy for elo and exp and you cant kick staff from the room.

People also afk in game rooms, making team balancing a huge issue. A week ago there was a 24 garden room and it said that there were 12 players on each side, but once I went into the game it was an 12v7. I went back to the game room and none of them were in the inventory or shop.

Make the AFK timer way shorter so this wont be as big of an issue anymore and let us be able to kick staff members from these kinds of rooms, but let the staff be able to join back in once they are not afk anymore. Staff privilege jaja.

2. The following 4 users say thank you to Shang for this useful post:

Amamin (12-03-2022), furl (12-07-2022), Ommadawn (12-02-2022), TonySoprano (12-02-2022)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    The AFK kick time is 5 minutes. How long/short do you think it should be?

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    The AFK kick time is 5 minutes. How long/short do you think it should be?
    In-game: 2 or 3 minutes.
    Game room: 5 Minutes, maybe it can be reduced to 3-4 minutes.

There's no reason to make it any longer for AFKers, they can afk on lobby.

5. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

TonySoprano (12-02-2022)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    In-game: 2 or 3 minutes.
    Game room: 5 Minutes, maybe it can be reduced to 3-4 minutes.

There's no reason to make it any longer for AFKers, they can afk on lobby.
    I guess we could try 3 minutes in-game and 5 minutes in stage. Plus perhaps kick you from in-game straight to lobby, instead of to stage (since you're AFK anyway).

7. The following 4 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

justRelax (12-02-2022), Ommadawn (12-02-2022), Shang (12-02-2022), TonySoprano (12-02-2022)

Jordan's Avatar Cloud9 💨 💨 💨

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    The AFK timer is way too long. Rooms die out too fast because people are afk in game. Just today 2 people (only 2, normally more) were afk in 1 team for so long that their whole team left, killing the room. The most annoying thing is that the GMs are also doing this as well (Tony and Jordan). Kicking them sounds like the best option but it gets rejected most of the time since people are greedy for elo and exp and you cant kick staff from the room.

People also afk in game rooms, making team balancing a huge issue. A week ago there was a 24 garden room and it said that there were 12 players on each side, but once I went into the game it was an 12v7. I went back to the game room and none of them were in the inventory or shop.

Make the AFK timer way shorter so this wont be as big of an issue anymore and let us be able to kick staff members from these kinds of rooms, but let the staff be able to join back in once they are not afk anymore. Staff privilege jaja.
    Provide a video of me being AFK please

Country
    Thanks
    Instead of having a timer for TDMs, is it possible to set it in a way that if they're in game and are inactive for X rounds, they get booted out? Same for the ones afk in room.

10. The following user said thank you to Platform for this useful post:

Amamin (12-03-2022)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Provide a video of me being AFK please
    You were actually the reason i posted this today .

Anyway, the times Ommadawn suggested sound good to me

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    no mercy!! afkers keep ruining tdm... 2min in-game and 3min in game room is enough (dont kick permanently or 10min) considering Elo system. It is balanced and fair.

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post

Ingame you should be kicked for being afk after 1 round, if it were based on a timer I would say two minutes. If you have to take a dump then you go to the game room and rejoin the game when you're back. Staying afk cuz you had to start working on your crochet blanket only screws your teammates over and skews the team balance.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Platform View Post
    Instead of having a timer for TDMs, is it possible to set it in a way that if they're in game and are inactive for X rounds, they get booted out? Same for the ones afk in room.
    Setting it based on rounds is a great idea to deal with this problem because rounds are well defined and times aren't and depend on the size of teams involved. Perhaps being afk for 2 rounds means you get kicked on the third. This is also applicable to 2 rounds having passed with someone in the game room - they would be kicked into the lobby so team balance can work properly (not just the automated mechanic, but the selection of teams for new people joining).

This does however only work on team game modes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information