Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    I feel like right now unless you play duel/cw only the state of the game is getting kind of annoying. I suppose besides duel/cw there is only really garden tdm to play with the occasional rotation tdm. But all these explosives and molotovs etc are getting too much imo. I dont really understand the concept of this new tnt item, you throw it in a corner and you hope that after 4 seconds whoever didn't see you throw this item is going to that place and take 100 damage or w/e it is. The tnt can also reach underground when it's placed above ground like wtf? These garden tdm rooms are getting so random now with these molotovs, tnts and ppl suiciding with sticky nades that you just have to get lucky that you're not dying to these things or take random 100 damage.

I dont want to sound like I'm whining, Idk maybe I am but especially this new item just makes no sense to me. I like this game because it takes skill and effort to play, not because I wanna die to some random shit that you can not have seen coming.

Thoughts?

2. The following 6 users say thank you to Mattie for this useful post:

Cid (12-07-2022), furl (12-07-2022), Halcyon (12-05-2022), RlCK (12-07-2022), TomasEdison (12-03-2022), Tzunami best0 (12-04-2022)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    I feel like right now unless you play duel/cw only the state of the game is getting kind of annoying. I suppose besides duel/cw there is only really garden tdm to play with the occasional rotation tdm. But all these explosives and molotovs etc are getting too much imo. I dont really understand the concept of this new tnt item, you throw it in a corner and you hope that after 4 seconds whoever didn't see you throw this item is going to that place and take 100 damage or w/e it is. The tnt can also reach underground when it's placed above ground like wtf? These garden tdm rooms are getting so random now with these molotovs, tnts and ppl suiciding with sticky nades that you just have to get lucky that you're not dying to these things or take random 100 damage.

I dont want to sound like I'm whining, Idk maybe I am but especially this new item just makes no sense to me. I like this game because it takes skill and effort to play, not because I wanna die to some random shit that you can not have seen coming.

Thoughts?
    That's why there's [EX]. If people don't use [EX] that means they probably enjoy having explosives.

4. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Desecration (12-06-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    That's why there's [EX]. If people don't use [EX] that means they probably enjoy having explosives.
    That's these items are catered towards players that aren't good lol

Thanks
    Right now there's a 30/32 player garden TDM going on (without [EX]), and it's not because anyone forces them to play that, we offer a bunch of options and game modes, people just naturally seem to enjoy that the most nowadays.

If that is what people enjoy the most then so be it imo. It wouldn't be fair to completely take that away from them, since the options are there.

7. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

furl (12-07-2022)

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mattie View Post

Thoughts?
    To be quite honest, I find all of these explosives, molotovs, grenades and launchers fun and attractive to a certain extent. Before, when this was all about throwing 1-2 Hit Kill grenades and players spamming rockets, it was generally tolerable - now it feels way too much and I can relate to your statements above.

Another thing that pisses me off lately is the fact that everybody nowadays, including myself tbh, is dependant on simply both ONE type of game-mode AND ONE type of map where you can use all of these new items. All of us forget there's other game-modes and other maps where we can try new gameplays because Garden TDMs are getting redundant, boring and mostly annoying. It's time for players who really care for the longevity of this game, and this private-server specifically, to start creating Capture the Flag rooms, for example, and be open for new games.

Currently, when players rage in a Garden TDM and later leave, they'll most likely hop on a Training room or try a Duel room for 20~30 minutes and then log out. Idk, it's just time to change the daily norm of game-style at FGunZ, because there's many other types of games that can be played enjoyably.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

9. The following user said thank you to TomasEdison for this useful post:

furl (12-07-2022)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    The hitbox of the TNT is too big, my hp/ap goes to 50% or below without being anywhere close to it. It deals damage to me downstairs of garden while the tnt is placed upstairs. Also I cant seem to figure out which TNT is on my side and what TNT is from the enemy team. I have also seen TNTs just on the floor for a very long time.
    Molotov size is still too big as well.

I am a 1 hit kill user myself and rooms with EX tags are boring for me, but the TNTs killing me when i stand behind the car in garden while the TNT is placed close to the stairs is bullshit.

11. The following user said thank you to Shang for this useful post:

furl (12-07-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Right now there's a 30/32 player garden TDM going on (without [EX]), and it's not because anyone forces them to play that, we offer a bunch of options and game modes, people just naturally seem to enjoy that the most nowadays.

If that is what people enjoy the most then so be it imo. It wouldn't be fair to completely take that away from them, since the options are there.
    Of course most players are gonna like that and I dont think you should remove everything. But if you add broken items most people are gonna use that because it's easy to get kills with since it takes no skill. If you're gonna add a launcher that does 300 damage you can use that same argument. Of course this is an extreme example but that doesn't mean that it makes the reasoning right.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by TomasEdison View Post
    To be quite honest, I find all of these explosives, molotovs, grenades and launchers fun and attractive to a certain extent. Before, when this was all about throwing 1-2 Hit Kill grenades and players spamming rockets, it was generally tolerable - now it feels way too much and I can relate to your statements above.

Another thing that pisses me off lately is the fact that everybody nowadays, including myself tbh, is dependant on simply both ONE type of game-mode AND ONE type of map where you can use all of these new items. All of us forget there's other game-modes and other maps where we can try new gameplays because Garden TDMs are getting redundant, boring and mostly annoying. It's time for players who really care for the longevity of this game, and this private-server specifically, to start creating Capture the Flag rooms, for example, and be open for new games.

Currently, when players rage in a Garden TDM and later leave, they'll most likely hop on a Training room or try a Duel room for 20~30 minutes and then log out. Idk, it's just time to change the daily norm of game-style at FGunZ, because there's many other types of games that can be played enjoyably.
    I agree but I also think the playerbase is too low to play something else besides garden tdm if that makes sense. If I were to create a ctf room right now it would get 8 players max probably and die after 20 minutes, but all these explosives are just too much, especially because garden is such a small map and it's basically the only map played

13. The following user said thank you to Mattie for this useful post:

furl (12-07-2022)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    The hitbox of the TNT is too big, my hp/ap goes to 50% or below without being anywhere close to it. It deals damage to me downstairs of garden while the tnt is placed upstairs. Also I cant seem to figure out which TNT is on my side and what TNT is from the enemy team. I have also seen TNTs just on the floor for a very long time.
    Molotov size is still too big as well.

I am a 1 hit kill user myself and rooms with EX tags are boring for me, but the TNTs killing me when i stand behind the car in garden while the TNT is placed close to the stairs is bullshit.
    Sounds like we need to reduce the TNT range a bit and perhaps add blue TNT for team mates. Will have to see why TNT sometimes doesn't explode / disappear.

15. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

furl (12-07-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Sounds like we need to reduce the TNT range a bit and perhaps add blue TNT for team mates. Will have to see why TNT sometimes doesn't explode / disappear.
    seems to happen after the one who placed them dies before they explode

17. The following user said thank you to Skilly for this useful post:

furl (12-07-2022)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Before, when this was all about throwing 1-2 Hit Kill grenades and players spamming rockets, it was generally tolerable - now it feels way too much and I can relate to your statements above.
    This. It's just too much, and I don't like that [EX] removes all of the items, I just think there was enough of them as it was lol. You used to have to worry about just nades and rockets. Now it's molotovs, nades, TNT, flamethrower, sticky grenades, rockets, stun nades, mines and flashbangs.

19. The following 3 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

furl (12-07-2022), Mattie (12-04-2022), TomasEdison (12-04-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information