Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    I think the spots that have been chosen are a bit odd. They've been placed in high traffic areas rather than off to the side. This is forcing a lot of players to accidentaly pick these items up while they're in a fight. While that may be a bit entertaining and kind of changes up the playstyle a bit, I think a lot of players would agree that the locations of the weapon spawns might be better if they're in less populated areas of the maps.

If players are ok with the positioning of the spawns, then maybe we can implement an option to be able to pickup the weapon or not. Rather than running into them on accident when we're fighting, chasing, running, let us be able to choose to pick up the weapon or not. Maybe others can voice their opinion on how they would choose to be able to pick them up (right click, double tapping a key, etc)

Also I'd like to see the weapons that spawn be randomized rather than having the same guns in the same spots every round.

And lastly I think the weapons spawn in a bit too fast. I know GunZ is a fast paced game but I've found myself picking up items before any fights have begun. Maybe add an extra ten seconds to the spawn timer?
    Last edited by Desecration; 03-28-2023 at 08:11 PM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

2. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

Amamin (12-18-2022)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    I think accidentally picking them up is unavoidable no matter where they are placed at. I do agree they spawn way too fast though.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Blocking with your sword while hovering over the spawn sounds like a reasonable method for confirming the switch. Other than that, I don't have much experience with playing populated rooms with this tag simply because its used once in a blue moon. But if it is used my guess to making it more "interesting" is indeed including a bunch of other weapon options and make it an integral part of the round itself, where a significant advantage can be given to players who hunt for these once their spots are in harder to find locations and/or that put you in a disadvantage if you go collect them (like a long hallway with 1 way entry). Perhaps even provide weapon spawns that are stronger than limitbreakers. In such a case, it can include a cooldown of 5 seconds of out of combat to pick such an item up, making it more interesting.

5. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Desecration (12-12-2022)

TonySoprano's Avatar GM

Country
    Thanks
    I wouldn't mind seeing a button implied to pick up the item instead of just walking into it and picking it up. Sometimes in battle you can accidently run into a weapon that you don't want or use. It actually happened to me today in a garden room. I was fighting someone and then I ran into a weapon without knowing and died because it changed my SG into a rocket. As for placement and spawn speed, I'm not entirely sure about that.

7. The following user said thank you to TonySoprano for this useful post:

Desecration (12-17-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    As long as there's a different way of picking it up rather than automatically I don't think placement would matter much. Although I have noticed a few weird things such as double rockets in the same spawn spot. Makes you assume you'll be picking up both of them. Also I've noticed revolver and sniper in the same spawn spot as well. Also some of the guns spawn too "low", where half the gun is under the floor, making it hard to decipher which gun it is. If those two things (multiple weapons in one spot, weapons not visible enough) were fixed and the option of choosing to pickup a gun or not, I think that would encourage players to play the game mode more often than it is now.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    In the latest update, the following has been fixed: "Fixed WIW weapons spawning below ground". Feel free to retest and revise for placement (re-opened).

Spoiler!

10. The following user said thank you to justRelax for this useful post:

Desecration (03-26-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Aaaaaaa
    Last edited by Desecration; 03-28-2023 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Revised in original post

Thanks
    I like the suggestions.

Not sure how I feel about pressing a button to pick up a weapon, but if implemented, holding block sounds like one of the better ways to do it as Bunny said.

I do think the weapons spawn a bit too early and could be delayed. An additional ~10s delay could be a good starting point.

Randomizing which weapons spawn is also a great idea

13. The following user said thank you to Armani for this useful post:

Desecration (04-05-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    I like the suggestions.

Not sure how I feel about pressing a button to pick up a weapon, but if implemented, holding block sounds like one of the better ways to do it as Bunny said.

I do think the weapons spawn a bit too early and could be delayed. An additional ~10s delay could be a good starting point.

Randomizing which weapons spawn is also a great idea
    Thank you for your remarks! Because as WiW is currently, it's not really an intentional mode and usually just ends up becoming a normal TDM. These changes, in theory, would make it to encourage the players to play with the tag in mind rather than playing a normal TDM.

I do agree that block might be the best idea for weapon pickup.

Thread Information