Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

Basically have a Game Option where room creators, if they wish to turn it on, will be able to kick/unkick anyone without needing a vote.

This basically provides infinite room customization without adding too much room tags. Putting "NOOBS ONLY" or "NADES ONLY NO MOLOTOVS" or "NO 10+ DMG SGs" or "AMAMIN CAN'T JOIN" in the room title would actually mean something.

To mitigate too much abuse, the power stays only with the room creator and disappears when they exit to channel lobby. They would also still be normally votekicked by the other players if the room has grown beyond what the room creator intended.

Thoughts?

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    This looks like something very easy to abuse for a player to make a busy room and kick the same 1 or 2 people he dislikes, preventing them from playing the only x room in the lobby right now, effectively making them want to stop playing fgunz until that guy leaves. Even with the 10 minute cooldown on kicks, I understand that nothing currently stops him from kicking those guys again after that duration. While the concept sounds good in actually preventing people from joining rooms meant for others like you said, I just don't see how this kind of power shouldn't stay in the staff's hands alone.

However, what might be possible is to allow the room master to create votes, somehow superior to the normal votes, denoted by maybe a different color or something, that only require a third of the people to press yes instead of the majority. Though at that point I kind of question, what kind of majority wouldn't vote to kick someone out of a room for using molotovs with the title clearly saying not to, that a third of the players would? I guess there are cases, but they're probably rare.

Country
    Thanks
    How about instead of adding extra kick functions, we just remove the voting system all together? The only real reason players get kicked from rooms legitimately now are super high ping/ae players. And even then I think there could be a way to implement a self kick system for those people with 10,000 ping.

Bad idea.

Also, please elaborate on how you believe having this "superior vote" can create this massive "infinite room customization"...?

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Though at that point I kind of question, what kind of majority wouldn't vote to kick someone out of a room for using molotovs with the title clearly saying not to, that a third of the players would? I guess there are cases, but they're probably rare.
    You'd be suprised how many kicks for ae and high ping players get rejected over and over before one of them gets accepted. That's because a majority of players don't even look to see who's being kicked for what. They either always press y, n, or nothing at all.
    Last edited by Desecration; 01-01-2023 at 04:27 PM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Theoretically it would be a nice thing to have but in reality, knowing our community, people are going to abuse it. As the room owner you'll be able to kick anyone you want for whatever reason, imagine if someone you hate joins the room and says something just to annoy you, your reaction would probably be a kick just to annoy him back.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    You'd be suprised how many kicks for ae and high ping players get rejected over and over before one of them gets accepted. That's because a majority of players don't even look to see who's being kicked for what. They either always press y, n, or nothing at all.
    Seems like the first issue to solve then is to encourage players to actually decide what to vote.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I don't see the issue with a room creator freely kicking from their own room someone they don't personally like. Sucks for that other guy but the room creator made the effort in starting up a room and staying long enough and maybe even advertising for the room to be active. Nothing wrong in favoring the room creator's enjoyment over someone else.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    I don't see the issue with a room creator freely kicking from their own room someone they don't personally like. Sucks for that other guy but the room creator made the effort in starting up a room and staying long enough and maybe even advertising for the room to be active. Nothing wrong in favoring the room creator's enjoyment over someone else.
    If you don't see the issue with the room owner freely kicking anyone from their room simply for disliking someone then honestly I have nothing to add for this discussion because obviously it's wrong. Usually there's 1 Garden TDM room, 1 AnD room, 1 relay map TDM room, 1 stairway room and several training rooms. Imagine being kicked from that 1 stairway room just because the room owner doesn't like you, making a new stairway room won't help you in that case because people gonna stay in the old stairway room so you're basically fked.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    In that case they can just join a training room or maybe make a Dojo glad room.

To see it from another perspective, imagine someone putting in the effort of making a stairway room and staying in there for 5 minutes playing by themself, chatting up clan members, whispering friends, if they want to join that room. When it gains a healthy population, this guy the creator hates show up. That guy just talks so much shit, and when put on /ignore they just aim the creator at every turn and taunt every time the creator dies. The room is practically soured for the room creator.

In both cases, both players are forced to play in rooms they didn't initially like. With the implementation of this suggestion then at the very least the guy who puts in effort gets to enjoy their own room.

Also, this would get rid of all the room tag suggestions. Well worth the sacrifice of a few people being banned from a room because they're hated by the room creator.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    In that case they can just join a training room or maybe make a Dojo glad room.

To see it from another perspective, imagine someone putting in the effort of making a stairway room and staying in there for 5 minutes playing by themself, chatting up clan members, whispering friends, if they want to join that room. When it gains a healthy population, this guy the creator hates show up. That guy just talks so much shit, and when put on /ignore they just aim the creator at every turn and taunt every time the creator dies. The room is practically soured for the room creator.

In both cases, both players are forced to play in rooms they didn't initially like. With the implementation of this suggestion then at the very least the guy who puts in effort gets to enjoy their own room.

Also, this would get rid of all the room tag suggestions. Well worth the sacrifice of a few people being banned from a room because they're hated by the room creator.
    I call bullshit on this one. Its too easily abusable. I cant imagine anyone wanting to stay alone in a room for 5 people trying to talk to friends begging to join them. If friends are joining who cares about the hater? They can just kick them. And is the hater really forced to play a room he doesnt like if he can annoy the one he hates? Wouldnt he be enjoying that instead?

10. The following user said thank you to Shang for this useful post:

Desecration (01-02-2023)

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    We really don’t want more MusturdCake’s/Bart’s/Younesz’s - one of each is enough honestly. This will definitely encourage endless abuse in-game, even though there can be made rules for that function so abusers will be punished accordingly, but overall it sounds very problematic and messy to me personally

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information