Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    When it gains a healthy population, this guy the creator hates show up. That guy just talks so much shit, and when put on /ignore they just aim the creator at every turn and taunt every time the creator dies. The room is practically soured for the room creator.
    Sounds like the creator needs to either report that guy or get good because aiming someone in gunz is not a valid kick reason and before 10 minute timers were enabled and reports for kick abuse nullified, this was not a valid reason for kicking.

Country
    Thanks
    I don't see the issue with a room creator freely kicking from their own room someone they don't personally like. Sucks for that other guy but the room creator made the effort in starting up a room and staying long enough and maybe even advertising for the room to be active. Nothing wrong in favoring the room creator's enjoyment over someone else.
    This would make sense if GunZ still had 30,000 average online players... But when you get kicked from the garden tdm and are left with a training room or duel room.....yea. There's a reason why there was a kick limit timer added into the game...care to take a guess why it was added?
    Last edited by Desecration; 01-02-2023 at 03:04 AM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Point taken I guess. I've just never encountered the problem because I don't think anyone actually hates me enough to kick me on sight. Seems easy enough to just not piss off room creators if you don't want to get kicked. Forcing players to foster good relations with each other so they don't get instakicked by a room creator seems like a small price to pay.

But yeah abuse could be mitigated by limiting/removing the power when a threshold is reached or something but if the concept of "my room, my rules" itself is the issue then this can never work.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Point taken I guess. I've just never encountered the problem because I don't think anyone actually hates me enough to kick me on sight. Seems easy enough to just not piss off room creators if you don't want to get kicked. Forcing players to foster good relations with each other so they don't get instakicked by a room creator seems like a small price to pay.

But yeah abuse could be mitigated by limiting/removing the power when a threshold is reached or something but if the concept of "my room, my rules" itself is the issue then this can never work.
    That's perhaps only scratching the surface. Imagine the room creator sees someone they want to kick for whatever reason, and that player is removed from the room, mid-fight. That would make someone think they are death-evading. Additionally, if people are dedicated enough they can 'team' to get kicked before they die for death evasion or team to target a person they dislike.

All in all, I only see problems with this suggestion. Giving this power is too much. Room Creator should be able to just run /kick like everyone else.

I've also seen interpretations of "my room, my rules" to mean 'oh? it's my room. I can macro all I want'.

Spoiler!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    That's perhaps only scratching the surface. Imagine the room creator sees someone they want to kick for whatever reason, and that player is removed from the room, mid-fight. That would make someone think they are death-evading. Additionally, if people are dedicated enough they can 'team' to get kicked before they die for death evasion or team to target a person they dislike.

All in all, I only see problems with this suggestion. Giving this power is too much. Room Creator should be able to just run /kick like everyone else.

I've also seen interpretations of "my room, my rules" to mean 'oh? it's my room. I can macro all I want'.
    Like when I would join a room and be insta kicked just for not using shotguns
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Declined due to the concerns stated in other comments in this thread.

7. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

justRelax (01-10-2023)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information