Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

I saw that Jimmy's suggestion got declined for poor reasoning.

original post:

I was thinking it would be pretty cool if we could have an actual unlimited speed vial in game, the KAREN vial. A 1 dose hit that lasts until you die, its not the most practical thing to have, and the uses would be quite limited, still it would add a little more fun to using the donor vials, and possibly bring more people to the donor shop
    I don't see much harm in adding something like this. It's not something that would be abused, as speed vial players are few and far between.

Way too strong, the flanking potential would literally disrupt any competitive TDM. Also GunZ players do not like new items IF they would shift the typical meta of sword + 2 shotguns + meds
    If by "competitive tdm" you mean any normal TDM then I doubt it would be any more disruptive than the normal speed vials are already, which they're not. What is it, like 3 vials or 5? It's basically enough already to last you an entire tdm round.

Plus if it lasts the entire time until you die, you somewhat put yourself into a disadvantage as you're stuck in that speed cycle. Where as most speed vial users use them for escape...

Then Jimmy responds with this:

I hear what your saying about the flanking, but would you not agree that's pretty much how it is already, the main played maps are all small enough you can be at or behind your enemy within 30 seconds. I cant see people sacrificing meds for the use of a speed vial in tdm either, when most time is spent dashing and wall climbing, walking speed would be obsolete.
    But no one gets a chance to respond to to his claim as the thread became closed.

But Jimmy is absolutely right when it comes to flanking already. Players basically have to watch their back within ten seconds of a round starting WITHOUT speed vials. So the "flanking would be disruptive" doesn't really hold much of an argument in my opinion.

He's also right in the sense that no "competitive" player would think twice about trading meds for a speed vial that last the entire round/life. So basically if this were to be added it would be a neat little item for those who already do use speed vials (which aren't many) and would make those specific players a little more incentivized to spend those donor coins.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

2. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

JimmyRipper (01-02-2023)

Salem's Avatar Ah shit, here we go again

Country
    Thanks
    I don't get it, we already have Ultimate acceleration vials in donor shop, which includes 6 vials per round, most TDM rounds will last anywhere between 1-2 minutes, be efficient enough and you'll easily make it last until the next round. Which you have also agreed on:

If by "competitive tdm" you mean any normal TDM then I doubt it would be any more disruptive than the normal speed vials are already, which they're not. What is it, like 3 vials or 5? It's basically enough already to last you an entire tdm round.

I don't really see the demand in this either, it'll just get forgotten after a few days of release.
    ✝✝✝

4. The following user said thank you to Salem for this useful post:

Ommadawn (01-02-2023)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I don't see much harm in adding something like this. It's not something that would be abused, as speed vial players are few and far between.
    I disagree, in my view it depends on the game mode. For instance, if someone gets a Capture the Flag room started having this vial is too broken and lets them to keep getting flags (they give nice EXP when you get enough players) without any time limit. Another example is using this in Infected mode, which would literally give humans an additional edge over some zombie types, I can see this getting annoying if someone has a hotshot with this speed enchantment.

Originally Posted by Desecration View Post

Plus if it lasts the entire time until you die, you somewhat put yourself into a disadvantage as you're stuck in that speed cycle. Where as most speed vial users use them for escape...
    Back to my above reply, you're only thinking of applying this to a TDM, but items are universal and apply to all game modes. Going back to what I said depending on the game mode people might not use them for escaping but for an infinite capture the flag run.

Spoiler!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    I disagree, in my view it depends on the game mode. For instance, if someone gets a Capture the Flag room started having this vial is too broken and lets them to keep getting flags (they give nice EXP when you get enough players) without any time limit. Another example is using this in Infected mode, which would literally give humans an additional edge over some zombie types, I can see this getting annoying if someone has a hotshot with this speed enchantment.

Back to my above reply, you're only thinking of applying this to a TDM, but items are universal and apply to all game modes. Going back to what I said depending on the game mode people might not use them for escaping but for an infinite capture the flag run.
    You're right that I only thought of it from a tdm perspective...since you know...that's all the community even cares to play (for the majority). Simple solution for those other game modes where speed vials may be OP is to just not allow them in those modes. Keep it for DM/TDM only.

Also people can just use speed vials already in these modes, but no one has spoken against it yet, so it couldn't cause that big of an issue to have an unlimited option.
    Last edited by Desecration; 01-04-2023 at 06:14 PM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thread Information