Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I know it was put off because scrollable chat was implemented and that was enough; but a long time ago when I made the suggestion to add functionality to the chat box when it only had 5 or 6 lines that once gone, were gone, the suggestion was made of multiple parts.

one of which (which is not mentioned here) is to add chat tabs that one can click. If someone is going through the chat, and have their mouse on screen to control the chat box, why not add a separate tab (kind of like maplestory if anyone played it).
    In this context, such a chat could have tabs like:
    "All" (for all messages)
    "General" (for only general chat)
    "Whispers" (just for whispers)
    "Chats" (for /chatmake conversations)
    "Killfeed" (for deaths/kills)
    "System feed" (like joining/leaving, kicks performed, [Notices], suicides, basically the green stuff. Kicks performed would still appear at the bottom center but also in chat to prove kick abuse).

It seems like this is THE MOST end-game goal for enabling maximum functionality of the chatbox.
    While this sounds like a great addition, I think it's a little too involved. When people are playing, the last thing they need to do when trying to read chat is havng to click extra buttons/look at which button to click. Players are on the go and don't have much time to type in between rounds already. Something simple such as pressing [insert button here] to have a much larger chat box pop up is easier, smoother, and less steps to achieve the same desire.

Plus this just reminds me of what's already in game; the ability to mute/ignore the different chat options. I'm aware that you're coming at it from an organizing way and not the ignoring option.

I just don't see the demand for a more organized chat box over the demand for an option to enlarge the chatbox.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Bio's Avatar Miscellaneous

Country
    Thanks
    When I'm thinking about this, back in the days until now It was ANNOYING
    It would be a really good feature in my opinion to prevent the box from dropping down, maybe we will not miss a single line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information