Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: fgunzz

Smoke nades need to be revisited/revamped/buffed. They saw a "buff" back in 2020 where the delay was lowered so they would pop faster. That was nice, but, smoke nades still feel like the most underwhelming of all the nades. I love the fact that they finally deal actual damage...but it doesn't feel very consistent.

No one really uses smoke nades so I don't think the awareness is there.

As we all know, nades/explosives do NOT follow anti lead. So that means as I throw my smoke nade into a crowd of campers in Garden TDM at top/bottom stairs and I hear 20+ hitmarkers/ticks go off I think I'm doing TONS of damage but nope.... I look up at my damage counter.... 13 damage. Nice.

I don't know how to go about fixing this issue, or some possible workarounds, but I think something additional needs to be done with these nades to make them more viable than they are. Maybe make the smoke more concentrated in a certain area as when you throw them and the smoke is "popping", if the nade is still in motion, the smoke clouds follow the nade (which makes total sense) which further expands the smoke particles....but they don't expand the actually damage inflicting mechanism I believe. So yes, there's tons of smoke to cloud the players view...but they basically can just run right through and take 0-13 damage.

Maybe make adjustment to the damage so it continues to do damage until the smoke is fully gone? Because there's many times where I throw the smoke, the smoke is still "activated" but the enemy just walks right through with no hitmarkers/damage at all.

Maybe we can make smoke nades follow anti lead? Idk what the solution would be but I know that smoke nades need it desperately as they're the most unused nade in the game right now.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Making projectiles (like rockets, nades, etc) follow anti lead is a big nono. But theres always little buffs you can incorporate into the smoke nades like slow downs and vision blurs. Just need to make sure theyre not so prominent that players have to deal with yet another bs item in the nade category.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Making projectiles (like rockets, nades, etc) follow anti lead is a big nono. But theres always little buffs you can incorporate into the smoke nades like slow downs and vision blurs. Just need to make sure theyre not so prominent that players have to deal with yet another bs item in the nade category.
    ooh I like those ideas! some kind of a slow and vision blur when being hit by them would be a nice addition.

but my biggest gripe is the fact that I get so many hitmarkers with them yet deal so little damage (due to lead)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Maybe:

- Make them pop faster
    - Increase damage
    - Add a little slow effect

Good enough?

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Maybe:

- Make them pop faster
    - Increase damage

Good enough?
    I wish you wouldnt make them pop EVEN FASTER than they already do.... makes smoking kills event really boring... or maybe a staff variant with infinite ammo and the original delay so they dont have to respawn?

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    I agree, we need to bring back the old days of gunz smoke grenades where if there were more than 3 going off at the same time your computer immediately BSOD's

Make the animation effect like 50x larger and make it so smoke nades continuously give off smoke for like 30 seconds ish that should be a very efficient buff.

Thanks
    I remember the days when smoke grenades would kill a users computer . Fun times.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Maybe:

- Make them pop faster
    - Increase damage

Good enough?
    I wouldn't mind these changes. The delay in the pop was already lowered a year or two ago. While that helped out a lot, I agree that the delay could be lowered just a little more. Reason being that by the time players notice you throwing the smoke nade and the time it takes to pop, the player has plenty of reaction time to evade it.

Increase damage is a must! I tested them on training room players whom were afk. After using all 6 of the nades in the slot, the player STILL was not dead. **I also noticed that at some point the smoke nade damage was changed from directly towards hp to directly towards AP. I think this needs to be reverted. Whether or not it was intentional or accidental. I'm assuming accidental as I couldn't find any people suggesting to change the damage from HP to AP.

I like the idea of a slow effect as it'll slow the player enough to get a few marks off on them rather than the measly 13 damage that you're even LUCKY to get.

Would love to see these added in a future update!

Originally Posted by Joe9099 View Post
    I remember the days when smoke grenades would kill a users computer . Fun times.
    They still do lol. Ask Ganjuana

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I wish you wouldnt make them pop EVEN FASTER than they already do.... makes smoking kills event really boring... or maybe a staff variant with infinite ammo and the original delay so they dont have to respawn?
    People use smoke nades in events?????? lol
    Last edited by Desecration; 01-14-2023 at 01:49 AM.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Moved to Have Been Added, due to the latest update. See the SMOKE GRENADES & MOLOTOVS section for a full list of changes to Smoke Grenades.

Spoiler!

Thread Information