Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks

This was the last time an event was hosted after 7pm server time. As I am typing this there are 156 people online. This is the time where there will be as most people online on a regular basis yet there has not been a set for exactly 3 months today that started after 7pm. It's ridiculous to have an event team only to host for one timezone.

The only thing I can give credit for is that VIP events has been hosted later during the day compared to the regular events so some of us have been able to participate in those. NOW however I've heard that you will host less VIP events for the first time in how many years? Since VIP events became a thing? When all it requires is for one person to find time for one set ONE DAY during a week. It's been hosted weekends on a regular basis but it DOESN'T HAVE TO be on weekends. so if no one got the time to do it because they rather do something else when they're off work or studies or w/e then host it on a regular day. You shouldn't make the community suffer for it.

Why aren't Event Applications opened up? I've heard the "there is no one good enough to apply" before but how will you know if you don't open it and let people apply? Someone might surprise you. "No one is interested in applying" then keep it open until someone is like we do with the Developer Applications?

Honestly really sad to see events die, not because the community aren't participating but because the Event Team doesn't have the time or energy to host them now around this time. There was a time when events felt like it would disappear altogether but now it's for all the wrong reasons. Maybe it's just me who feel this way, idk. I just feel like you're letting one aspect of the game die for no good reason.

That's all for me.

2. The following 13 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Bipolarity (01-21-2023), Eeksdee (01-22-2023), Faky (01-24-2023), GeorgeGFX (01-20-2023), Love Donna (01-20-2023), Ommadawn (01-21-2023), Puma (01-26-2023), Roei (01-23-2023), SkyWodka (01-22-2023), Synex (01-22-2023), TomasEdison (01-20-2023), TonySoprano (01-20-2023), ^1Luke™ (01-20-2023)

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Linzor, I thanked your post although I didn't read it fully.
    That's because you're a pizza enjoyer and I know people who love pizza have the best opinions, thus you receiving my thanks, I trust you.
    Regards.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

4. The following user said thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

SkyWodka (01-22-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by GeorgeGFX View Post
    Linzor, I thanked your post although I didn't read it fully.
    That's because you're a pizza enjoyer and I know people who love pizza have the best opinions, thus you receiving my thanks, I trust you.
    Regards.
    Fair enough

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    First and foremost, considering the increase of activity in-game and amount of new players joining Freestyle GunZ recently just proves how events are critical to be hosted in various timezones. What at least makes me happy is the fact that I frequently see 2/3 of the current Event Moderators active weekly in-game and on forums, which was very odd to find several years ago - or even not too long ago, in 2021.

Regarding what you've mentioned about the VIP events (here/in-game when we spoke) - that's very unbelievable, but unfortunately the truth. Whoever Event Team member is that butt-hurt by hosting one set that contains 3 events must understand there's 3 of them in the same position currently, not like there's one of them who's responsible for hosting VIP events only. This really sounds like laziness, don't have another word to describe this.

Overall, there must be a change regarding the times regular sets of events are being hosted lately due to the increase of amount of players daily - no way y'all host around the same times repetitively. The way it is right now is just embarrassing, I'm sorry.
    You cannot handle it? Fine, then bring new or/and more Event Moderators - either by opening the applications (on the same concept of the DEV apps, like Linzor suggested) or doing whatever you did behind the scenes with hiring Cid & Zelda.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

7. The following 2 users say thank you to TomasEdison for this useful post:

Linzor (01-20-2023), Ommadawn (01-21-2023)

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I agree with most of the things that you wrote, I don't have anything bad to say against the current ETs because we all have jobs and other things to do irl but more ETs are needed, 100% on that. Last week we had 206 users online and I've seen lots of new users participating in events, more events are needed in different times.

Overall, it might be a good idea to keep the ET apps opened as you've suggested.

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Linzor (01-21-2023), TomasEdison (01-21-2023)

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/b3e48b9eb3ce41c2...020c070de7.png

This was the last time an event was hosted after 7pm server time. As I am typing this there are 156 people online. This is the time where there will be as most people online on a regular basis yet there has not been a set for exactly 3 months today that started after 7pm. It's ridiculous to have an event team only to host for one timezone.

The only thing I can give credit for is that VIP events has been hosted later during the day compared to the regular events so some of us have been able to participate in those. NOW however I've heard that you will host less VIP events for the first time in how many years? Since VIP events became a thing? When all it requires is for one person to find time for one set ONE DAY during a week. It's been hosted weekends on a regular basis but it DOESN'T HAVE TO be on weekends. so if no one got the time to do it because they rather do something else when they're off work or studies or w/e then host it on a regular day. You shouldn't make the community suffer for it.

Why aren't Event Applications opened up? I've heard the "there is no one good enough to apply" before but how will you know if you don't open it and let people apply? Someone might surprise you. "No one is interested in applying" then keep it open until someone is like we do with the Developer Applications?

Honestly really sad to see events die, not because the community aren't participating but because the Event Team doesn't have the time or energy to host them now around this time. There was a time when events felt like it would disappear altogether but now it's for all the wrong reasons. Maybe it's just me who feel this way, idk. I just feel like you're letting one aspect of the game die for no good reason.

That's all for me.

No offense Linzor but you literally just shit talked and made fun of me for not having made it to ET when I was trial last time. I exclusively host later than 8PM EST and would have fully filled that time slot. You should either apply for event team or be less of a hypocrite.

> It's ridiculous to have an event team only to host for one timezone.

The current staff team are a bubble , the current event team rules have been completely changed in the shittiest way possible since my years as ET. There is nothing hard about being an event moderator folks.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    No offense Linzor but you literally just shit talked and made fun of me for not having made it to ET when I was trial last time. I exclusively host later than 8PM EST and would have fully filled that time slot. You should either apply for event team or be less of a hypocrite.

> It's ridiculous to have an event team only to host for one timezone.

The current staff team are a bubble , the current event team rules have been completely changed in the shittiest way possible since my years as ET. There is nothing hard about being an event moderator folks.
    Way to make this all about you lmao. You couldn't look more like an asshole.
    If you cared so much then maybe you should have been more active during your trial because that's what we are talking about here, active event moderators. Sorry you weren't active enough to make it to the team.

"You should either apply for event team or be less of a hypocrite." I don't see how this makes me a hypocrite just because I myself don't want to be an event moderator anymore. I shouldn't have to come back to fix this, that is not my responsibility as a player. That's why I'm coming up with suggestions like opening applications again instead of just shitting on the event moderators like you are while at the same time praising yourself, you big goof.

12. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Ommadawn (01-21-2023)

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    > That's why I'm coming up with suggestions like opening applications

we got a big thinker over here folks

Bio's Avatar Miscellaneous

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/b3e48b9eb3ce41c2...020c070de7.png

That's all for me.
    Definitely. I think opening application for ET would be good & smart move.
    There are many players here who have a lot of time to give and help to the community
    so we'll have events more often.

Country
    Thanks
    https://youtu.be/_7xMfIp-irg

Credit: All you need is love - Beatles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information