Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ̠̱͓͉̱̬͎͐̓̍ͣ̑͌ͪ͡ ͨ̔͋ͯ̈́̊̍̍

Thanks
    I feel there's decent number of events maybe one or two more a day but, I feel the focus should be in making it fun asking people what they prefer voting for the event they want to attend most players don't even attend events like it used to be full room events when I grew up on Gunz I feel like it can come back to that way with this decent player base daily anything can happen. Also, more events often would make events less significant. maybe should start some polls before starting an event or maybe there should a new unique way of receiving notification that there's an upcoming event and you can just close it because it's easy for the chat to go unnoticed or some people don't even use chat, if u decide u want to join u can press a button and u exit the room and directed to event channel.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    While keeping the ET applications always open might solve the issue, having trials all the time might be a little bit too taxing for the full-fledged ETs to look over. Instead, why not just seek out a new ET or two that can specifically host during this neglected timezone? They don't have to ONLY host at this timezone, just make sure that their schedules more often than not can accommodate around 7pm server time.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    While keeping the ET applications always open might solve the issue, having trials all the time might be a little bit too taxing for the full-fledged ETs to look over. Instead, why not just seek out a new ET or two that can specifically host during this neglected timezone? They don't have to ONLY host at this timezone, just make sure that their schedules more often than not can accommodate around 7pm server time.
    The point of opening applications would be to find someone who is able to do this then close the applications again. I am only suggesting keeping applications open until someone applies who seems like a good candidate, so we are on the same page here.

4. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Amamin (01-23-2023)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/b3e48b9eb3ce41c206f24e020c070de7.png

This was the last time an event was hosted after 7pm server time. As I am typing this there are 156 people online. This is the time where there will be as most people online on a regular basis yet there has not been a set for exactly 3 months today that started after 7pm. It's ridiculous to have an event team only to host for one timezone.
    I believe I have seen a couple of sets that started 6:45pm server time that was after 10/20/2022 and went through the timezone you mentioned (ex 01/07/2023).

The only thing I can give credit for is that VIP events has been hosted later during the day compared to the regular events so some of us have been able to participate in those. NOW however I've heard that you will host less VIP events for the first time in how many years? Since VIP events became a thing? When all it requires is for one person to find time for one set ONE DAY during a week. It's been hosted weekends on a regular basis but it DOESN'T HAVE TO be on weekends. so if no one got the time to do it because they rather do something else when they're off work or studies or w/e then host it on a regular day. You shouldn't make the community suffer for it.
    Indeed we try to vary the VIP Event, we will try to do the same for normal events. However, I don't know where you heard that there will be less VIP events hosted, we did reduce them during the holidays because there were alternative events that can net you coins and other special prizes but we don't have plans to reducing VIP events. If we ever have such plans it will be posted publicly to the community, until then I would say to not spread rumors.

Why aren't Event Applications opened up? I've heard the "there is no one good enough to apply" before but how will you know if you don't open it and let people apply? Someone might surprise you. "No one is interested in applying" then keep it open until someone is like we do with the Developer Applications?

Honestly really sad to see events die, not because the community aren't participating but because the Event Team doesn't have the time or energy to host them now around this time. There was a time when events felt like it would disappear altogether but now it's for all the wrong reasons. Maybe it's just me who feel this way, idk. I just feel like you're letting one aspect of the game die for no good reason.

That's all for me.
    In regards to opening up the Event Moderator Applications that is up to the admins but we do like the idea of having them always open like Developer Applications. For the hearsay in this paragraph (in quotes) that isn't the case, at least not for me. We did skip applications last time just to try it out.

The server numbers are improving but for me I still see roughly the same amount of people in my events. We ETs do have the energy to host the events the problem is we also have lives and not the time, which is why we are interested in openning apps to rectify this.

Originally Posted by TomasEdison View Post
    First and foremost, considering the increase of activity in-game and amount of new players joining Freestyle GunZ recently just proves how events are critical to be hosted in various timezones. What at least makes me happy is the fact that I frequently see 2/3 of the current Event Moderators active weekly in-game and on forums, which was very odd to find several years ago - or even not too long ago, in 2021.
    We would like to have new players in our events, but I do remember a screenshot you posted in media where a private Deathmatch room by a Twitch streamer was more popular than an event. Yes it is critical to do the events but new players also need to join in on the fun. In Ommadawn's post I did see that new users are playing events in his zone but I guess that isn't the case for me.

In regards to the ETs that you see, could be due to the time zone, but we are all active in game, on forums (especially behind the scenes), and on Discord.

Regarding what you've mentioned about the VIP events (here/in-game when we spoke) - that's very unbelievable, but unfortunately the truth. Whoever Event Team member is that butt-hurt by hosting one set that contains 3 events must understand there's 3 of them in the same position currently, not like there's one of them who's responsible for hosting VIP events only. This really sounds like laziness, don't have another word to describe this.
    I don't know where you heard this news but it is false. If there are any changes to VIP events the community will be duly informed. No one is "butt-hurt" or "lazy" by hosting or not hosting VIP events so I suggest you keep that out of your rumor mill.

Overall, there must be a change regarding the times regular sets of events are being hosted lately due to the increase of amount of players daily - no way y'all host around the same times repetitively. The way it is right now is just embarrassing, I'm sorry.
    You cannot handle it? Fine, then bring new or/and more Event Moderators - either by opening the applications (on the same concept of the DEV apps, like Linzor suggested) or doing whatever you did behind the scenes with hiring Cid & Zelda.
    As I said above, yes we got more players however that doesn't directly correlate to event participation. We do have plans to have our TikTok manager have more play from events to hope that this will interest new players in joining the events but it isn't a surety.

As for applications see above to see my remarks on that (to avoid repetition).

Originally Posted by Synex View Post
    I feel there's decent number of events maybe one or two more a day but, I feel the focus should be in making it fun asking people what they prefer voting for the event they want to attend most players don't even attend events like it used to be full room events when I grew up on Gunz I feel like it can come back to that way with this decent player base daily anything can happen. Also, more events often would make events less significant. maybe should start some polls before starting an event or maybe there should a new unique way of receiving notification that there's an upcoming event and you can just close it because it's easy for the chat to go unnoticed or some people don't even use chat, if u decide u want to join u can press a button and u exit the room and directed to event channel.
    Well, I don't think asking people to vote for their favorite events will help otherwise every set would mostly have mainstream events done like Last Man Standing. We have more than 60 official events and other test events that we need to do.

We already have a way to get notifications for upcoming events on our Discord, see the #rules channel and react to the "Event Notifications" button to get the role that will ping you when in-game events begin.

Spoiler!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    My 2 cents on the matter;

I have already previously suggested to one of the admins years ago to adopt the application methodology to be the same as for the developer applications. They have considered it but haven't changed it.

Allowing every player the opportunity to apply at any given point with, perhaps, some kind of "cooldown" would literally cause no harm to the server part for the need for the event team and administrators to decide on every new applicant, which takes the bare minimum. This ensures a constant activity by the event team as the role is less closed off for new people who wish to apply, even temporarily, even if just for a summer. I cannot find justification for making the application phase occur only once every 0.5-2 years.

Not only that, but this process eases on the trial phase when the team doesn't have to worry about 3-4 trials all learning at the same time.

Partly relating to something Cid said, which is the rules changed/implemented by the team, which is something I have to agree with. Most changes by the team come without considering the opinions of almost anyone who actually experiences them, and rarely were they beneficial for the overall process of hosting and activity in the events.

One final thing I really cannot understand is the idea behind making 2 people trial without an application. How does this sit with the statement "no one wants to apply" when the chance isn't even given?
    Last edited by Bunny; 01-22-2023 at 06:41 PM.

7. The following 2 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Cid (01-24-2023), SkyWodka (01-22-2023)

SkyWodka's Avatar The ol' razzle dazzle

Country
    Thanks
    Whenever I was playing and an event was hosted it often seemed like there was no motivation from the host or it was lacking. It felt like the Host only hosted because he had to and not because he wanted to. I have no clue about the Event Hosting Rules/schedule, if they are fixed or anything I have no idea. I would wish for people in the Event Team to be more motivated and have "better/flexible schedules", I noticed when I sometimes visit the forum at weird times that an event is being hosted as if they are doing it just for the sake of it as if they are afraid? That if they don't host events they will be demoted. Currently we have like what 3 people in the Event Team? I believe we should atleast double that amount. I positively think that it would be a good idea to have a larger number of ETs from different countries(able to host more comfortably at different times due to time zones).
    Also GeorgeGFX & Linzor should get their own Section.

sucked georges cock for it

9. The following 4 users say thank you to SkyWodka for this useful post:

Faky (01-25-2023), GeorgeGFX (01-23-2023), Linzor (01-23-2023), TomasEdison (01-23-2023)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    I believe I have seen a couple of sets that started 65pm server time that was after 10/20/2022 and went through the timezone you mentioned (ex 01/07/2023).
    That's besides the point I was making. Do you think that it's okay that there are never events later during the evening? what about anyone that plays later than that when the player count is at its peak, say 9-10pm? But if we are gonna go around it like that then I can count to 5 sets that was hosted after 6pm since October, that's still ridiculously low.

However, I don't know where you heard that there will be less VIP events hosted, we did reduce them during the holidays because there were alternative events that can net you coins and other special prizes but we don't have plans to reducing VIP events. If we ever have such plans it will be posted publicly to the community, until then I would say to not spread rumors.
    If you are denying it and saying it's not the case then I'm just happy for it. If it is true then it's embarrassing.

In regards to opening up the Event Moderator Applications that is up to the admins but we do like the idea of having them always open like Developer Applications. For the hearsay in this paragraph (in quotes) that isn't the case, at least not for me. We did skip applications last time just to try it out.

The server numbers are improving but for me I still see roughly the same amount of people in my events. We ETs do have the energy to host the events the problem is we also have lives and not the time, which is why we are interested in openning apps to rectify this.
    I'm glad to hear you like the idea of having applications open. I hope that this is something Dave and McSic can consider then because we definitely do need more event moderators than the current number.

As for the same amount of people in your events I strongly suggest that you try changing up the time you host then because I'm sure there will be a different number depending on if you're hosting at 9pm or 5am server time. As for the lack of energy I'm talking about it's more about hosting outside your comfort zones since they are regularly hosted around the same time every day, and the amount of sets hosted per day/week. The last time 3 sets were hosted in one day was October 21. And honestly this could easily be fixed by just getting more event moderators which is why I don't understand why it's been closed for so long when its been very apparent that events are underperforming.

11. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

TomasEdison (01-23-2023)

Benny's Avatar smh

Country
    Thanks
    Ahhh the days we used to fight over who's going to host tonight ;(

I agree about opening ET apps till the team is optimized for the best of the server.

Don’t waste your time looking back. You’re not going that way.

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SkyWodka View Post
    Whenever I was playing and an event was hosted it often seemed like there was no motivation from the host or it was lacking. It felt like the Host only hosted because he had to and not because he wanted to. I have no clue about the Event Hosting Rules/schedule, if they are fixed or anything I have no idea. I would wish for people in the Event Team to be more motivated and have "better/flexible schedules", I noticed when I sometimes visit the forum at weird times that an event is being hosted as if they are doing it just for the sake of it as if they are afraid? That if they don't host events they will be demoted. Currently we have like what 3 people in the Event Team? I believe we should atleast double that amount. I positively think that it would be a good idea to have a larger number of ETs from different countries(able to host more comfortably at different times due to time zones).
    Also GeorgeGFX & Linzor should get their own Section.
    I agree, we can see Ets contributes in this thread (where are they? oops they got life..) to be honest events are not fun anymore, host always shows his ego personally kinda irritating sometimes they try to rush end events (eg: they aiming floor in Dodge Ball event, old folks doesn't like this way of hosting I have seen plenty of complains about this but host keep ignoring ye they get tons of shit and troll respond but they are responsible to answer /react to legit question and actions)

If they hire new ets who gonna be official to them in different time zone? I'd love to see different time zone trials and Elite ETs helping them in taking leads only limited time (Trial period)

Skywodka you better jokes in team chat avoid getting warnings lol (rules only applies to players thank me later)
    Last edited by Faky; 01-26-2023 at 07:32 AM.

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

14. The following user said thank you to Faky for this useful post:

Cid (01-25-2023)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    At last, I tried to host events at 7pm server time and it was going wrong from my side as I was extremely exhausted and doing silly mistakes while hosting. 7Pm server time is 23 : 30 for me. I got school and studies in the morning which is why I can't stay up to host at this late time. Most of the time Zelda and I host at 7-8pm IST since we get free from doing our hws, work and other stuff. I've been hosting VIP events as late as I can(10 : 30-11pm IST) so people from all around the world can play them. You guys are talking as if we're hosting events once in 3-4 days.
    The arguments provided in the thread had no mention of the overall frequency of events, but merely on the time in which they are selected. Since you confirm our worries that hosting during such times is rarely if ever possible for you due to how late it is, you essentially confirm that something has to be done on the matter.

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Pls provide with a proof of ETs being egoistic, aiming at floor in dodgeball [ Pls ask people like Ommadawn, Luke, Cyrus,Kavi if we aim at floor or rush any events lmao ] or not answering any questions.
    Wanna see an example of bad attitude?
    Here: This is what you said to people after Luke's birthday Event. Shows how upset you're over him.
    I cannot speak for Faky or his behavior towards the event team which may or may not be appropriate. I can speak for the community of players however, that the fact that you're still playing this game of needing to provide proof for every small thing we claim you to do and you coming back with some random picture of Faky saying 3 random lines or attacking his lack of life is simply childish. I can say for a fact in response to the dodgeball argument that the proof exists in the 20000 event replays I have in my replay folder that show continued attempts by the event team to end rounds quickly by shooting fire/poison in nearly impossible to avoid manner. It has been a consistent method of killing 20 people in one pass ever since those weapons were introduced into the event, despite the many protests against their usage in that way. Nevertheless, attacking with lack of proof instead of listening to things that have turned out to be serious issues raised by many people in this thread is avoiding the real problem.
    Last edited by Bunny; 01-26-2023 at 01:59 PM.

16. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

SkyWodka (01-27-2023)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information