Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Some few things I am bothered about or would like to see a change in.

1: Random garden TDM crashes.
    I do not know why or how this happens, but sometimes the majority of people crash at the same time. Sometimes I am excluded from the crash, sometimes I am included in the crash, but when i log back in or check the lobby its only the garden room, the rest of the rooms are still alive.

2: Auto Balancing.
    Sometimes the auto balance system is the one doing the most unbalancing. I dont know how the system balances the teams out, or if the people that are afk in game rooms count too, but sometimes it can ''balance'' the teams in a 9v13. The only thing I know is that the balance system doesnt count the people that just join in or have 0-0 scores?
    Few examples here. https://imgur.com/a/wP83UIl

3: AFKers in game room.
    There are some people that sit in the game room indefinitely. They take spots away from people that actually want to play the game and they can make the rooms unbalanced. They also leave behind dead rooms in the 1st page which can be pretty annoying too if you want to create a room.
    Make the in game room timer ~3 minutes.

4: Flash bang sounds.
    I have the volume mixer on 100 for fgunz, but I have the sound effect volume in game at around 4 and background volume completely off. But when I get flashed it seems that the sound volume in game gets cracked from 4 to 100 cause I get completely ear raped by them. I dont know if this is intentional or my settings are just weird but is it possible to change this?

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    #1 should already be fixed in the upcoming update and happens due to certain explosions. Using [EX] should fix that for now until the patch is live.

#2 weird, shouldn't happen

#3 the game room afk kick time is already 5 minutes, changing it to 3 wouldn't do much difference. I think people maybe be bypassing the kick somehow?

Edit:

#4 I see why that happens. Fixed in the next update.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    #1 should already be fixed in the upcoming update and happens due to certain explosions. Using [EX] should fix that for now until the patch is live.

#3 the game room afk kick time is already 5 minutes, changing it to 3 wouldn't do much difference. I think people maybe be bypassing the kick somehow?

#4 weird, shouldn't happen
    Isn't the broken auto balance already known? Pretty sure someone already complained about it in FGunZ Discord, it has something to do with the new people who join in the middle of the round, the auto balance doesn't count them.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    Isn't the broken auto balance already known? Pretty sure someone already complained about it in FGunZ Discord, it has something to do with the new people who join in the middle of the round, the auto balance doesn't count them.
    That's the thing... It should count them. The only people it doesn't count are the people that joined during the last second of the round (due to the way it was coded).

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

Edit:

#4 I see why that happens. Fixed in the next update.
    About #3.
    A friend of mine thinks it might be that players that afk in game room only get kicked if the game has not started yet, and that it doesnt work if the game is already in progress? I cant think of a reason myself though.

Also maybe a #5 suggestion.
    Is it possible to number training and quest rooms the way it works for private rooms? So PvP rooms stay on page 1?

6. The following user said thank you to Shang for this useful post:

SunRui (02-11-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Is it possible to number training and quest rooms the way it works for private rooms? So PvP rooms stay on page 1?
    +1

But you should make that a separate thread, as this suggestion will not gain much attention.

but seriously, +1. Training and Quest should be divided apart from the "normal" rooms. Just as ijji separated quest servers from clan war servers. Training and Quest rooms should follow suit with that of private rooms. Training rooms should really be renamed to GunZ Chat Rooms
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    About #3.
    A friend of mine thinks it might be that players that afk in game room only get kicked if the game has not started yet, and that it doesnt work if the game is already in progress? I cant think of a reason myself though.

I don't know why but I feel like fgunz used to filter all quest and private rooms to rooms 99+ .

This is definitely a good change in terms of a healthy looking lobby and not like 3 quest rooms with 1 person in it

9. The following user said thank you to Cid for this useful post:

SunRui (02-12-2023)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    About #3.

I'm kind of against #5. I understand it applying to quest rooms, but I don't think PvP rooms should be exclusive first page rooms, in fact I believe that room numbers should be ordered by the amount of players in a room or in the game from that room, and in this case, training rooms with a high player count could still be a first page room.

Spoiler!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    I'm kind of against #5. I understand it applying to quest rooms, but I don't think PvP rooms should be exclusive first page rooms, in fact I believe that room numbers should be ordered by the amount of players in a room or in the game from that room, and in this case, training rooms with a high player count could still be a first page room.
    I look from the perspective of a player and think to myself; why would a player want to look for the training room first, before a duel room with 1 player in it, where he can duel? There's no real reason one way or the other, except that in the opposite question more people would probably be looking for the duel room than the training one. In an ideal world, I would imagine the first page containing at least 1 room from each category of play, but sadly due to the high number of categories this doesn't seem trivial to implement, while just moving training rooms and quest to the end is.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    About #3.
    Also against #3, I have had the auto afk kick me from the game room just by browsing the shop and it deemed me AFK when in fact I was actively scrolling to through the shop. 3 might be better for auto game room AFK, but if someone wants to change their equipment and takes longer than 3 minutes, they lose their spot in the room, and I don't find that appealing. The auto afk for game room has also kicked me when I was running commands or simply chatting in the game room. In my opinion 5 is fair.

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information