More rooms/cw does not equal more players. If you want to say that more cw players have left then I can believe that. As to how explosives effects cw I have no idea.

Gunz 2 didn't fail only because there wasn't kstyle, I wouldn't bring in this class system to this game lol.

You say a throwing knife is a bad idea but look at the 8 explosive weapons youve added and ive suggested a throwing knife as a third slot item for a little bit more damage. Atleast a throwing knife involves skill, if you hit 10 for 10 and didnt get the kill you can chuck a knife and if you miss you miss. With these explosive you just leave them anywhere and get a kill. Or throw a nade anywhere and get a kill. You can attach a nade to yourself and run at enemy lol
Why would you throw a knife that does less damage than any other weapon and that requires more skills than throwing an explosive? How is that more noob friendly? All explosives are not going to be replaced by something like that. A lot of people use explosives, including me, which means that a lot of people like them. My issue with it is that you can have all of these different kind of explosives at the same time in one room hence my suggestion to let you choose which items you allow.