Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks
    Hello ~

Currently, speedy daggers are extremely underutilized and see little play. While they're mostly used for their mobility and speed, it's kind of crazy that you can stab someone for ~30 seconds straight and not kill them from full, IMO. There should be SOME damage coming from them.

I'd like to see a minor buff to the item.

Suggestion: +2 damage for speedy daggers

This would put them at 1/3rd the damage of regular daggers. I think this is a good start to balancing the item and giving them at least some damage incentive.
    Last edited by Armani; 03-05-2023 at 02:50 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe up the damage a little and make it so the dagger deals damage towards AP before dealing damage to HP

Speaking of dealing damage between AP and HP....can we please fix the smoke nade bug where smoke nades deal damage to AP before HP? It was reversed before when they buffed the smoke nades by having them deal direct HP damage. This made smoke nades much more utilized. Now that they deal damage to shield first it makea them basically useless damage wise. 6 smoke nades doesnt even take a player down to yellow hp, assuming that they sit inside the smoke for the entirety...for all 6 of them...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Speaking of dealing damage between AP and HP....can we please fix the smoke nade bug where smoke nades deal damage to AP before HP? It was reversed before when they buffed the smoke nades by having them deal direct HP damage. This made smoke nades much more utilized. Now that they deal damage to shield first it makea them basically useless damage wise. 6 smoke nades doesnt even take a player down to yellow hp, assuming that they sit inside the smoke for the entirety...for all 6 of them...
    +1 Can we fix smoke nades doing damage to AP first.

On topic - Speedy daggers doing damage to AP first takes away from the identity of the item as a melee weapon and might end up being a nerf. I think we should start with the small damage buff first to see how things go.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Maybe up the damage a little and make it so the dagger deals damage towards AP before dealing damage to HP

Please post separate suggestions on different threads. This thread seems to be about Speedy Daggers, not Nades.

Spoiler!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    Please post separate suggestions on different threads. This thread seems to be about Speedy Daggers, not Nades.
    I would make a separate thread but I already made one that focused on smoke nades. Didn't want to make a second one because the first one I made was before I noticed that they switched the damage that smoke nades dealt from directly up to AP first.

But I guess I could make a new thread, since my original thread did not address the damage dealing between the two stats....as long as I dont get an infraction for posting two threads?
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

GjaGta's Avatar Gva

Thanks
    No way

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Back in like fgunz v7 speedy daggers were real strong and you would see people using them all the time. In trainin rooms people would go around as a gang and like permanently animation lock someone in a corner until they basically had to leave the game.

If you have even like 1/10th the knowledge of how to angle and not get recoiled those things can be incredibly busted and it basically disrupts meta gameplay. Also because of the speedy daggers properties you could fall lock your character and infinite dash... Daggers aren't and were never meant to be that fast.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    While its true that speedy daggers do not see play in competitive modes, it doesn't mean they should. They're already practically a meme item that only gets real use in events, and their buffing, while may increase their usage, would not cause them to be skill-expressive and more of a nuisance than something players would honestly like to play against.

Thanks
    The current state of the game is different from before. It's true that they're seen as an annoying weapon by many, as evident in this thread. But, a step toward re-balancing is still needed. Dealing +1hp/ap per stab wouldn't be game-breaking. It merely offers a bit more damage incentive, as stated.

It will still be the worst melee weapon of them all. Honestly, it's such a minor buff I'm surprised it's met with resistance, but I guess that just shows people's bias against speedy daggers in general.

In other words - yes you can keep the item nerfed, but a re-balance is still needed to give the item and its minuscule player base the love it deserves.
    Last edited by Armani; 03-12-2023 at 09:52 PM.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    i think it's okay for a weapon that animation locks you in place to not have any buffs and have a clear tradeoff for speed instead of damage no matter how minor

another thing is these in combination with the already stupid 11/12 dmg shotguns is just very fun to play against

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information