Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    The play style is definitely annoying.

Other sticky nade suggestions:

1) Nerf: Reduce sticky nade clip size or damage, but not both at once (This would discourage the play style and reduce its effectiveness, as well as planting a bunch of stickies on a wall and camping)

2) Buff: Make all sticky nades explode at same time rather than sequentially (Not sure if this is live already)

3) Incentivize sticking enemies: Increase hit detection radius so they "latch" onto enemies easier and do increased damage when an enemy is stuck

Could reduce movement speed with stickies attached, but teammates could troll you this way?

Could have stickies do half-damage when exploding upon death, which might be a simple solution?

Just some food for thought~

Edit: Limiting the # of stickies someone can be stuck with is also an interesting workaround
    I like a lot of these ideas. Nerfing the clip size would instantly remove suicide bombing. Nerf it to 3 or 4 clip.

I don't like the idea of them all exploding at the same time. We're trying to get away from suicide bombing, not encourage it more.

Number three I really like. Almost reminds me of Halos plasma nades (the way they would sometimes latch on) this would really encourage using them against enemies rather than yourself.

I agree that the movement speed reduction can cause a lot of troll scenarios. Maybe lowest movement speed when sticking yourself and still lower movement speed when sticking a teammate, but not as much to help counter the trolling possibilities. Maybe remove the ability to stick youe teammate all together? After all it is up to you as the player to choose to bring sticky nades or not. If a team mate really wants someone to sticky them then they should have the willingness to give up an item of theirs to use them and not rely on teammates to stick them.

Oooor even better: only allow sticky nades to stick enemies and the map. Nothing else.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I really disagree. I like the fact that you as the nade user have complete control over the detonation timing. It makes for some fun use. Do a bunch of damage to an enemy, toss a sticky nade on them, allow them to run to heal. Press the button for ultimate disrespect.

Forcing them to detonate on impact, like I said, just turns them into blast nades. If anything maybe force them to explode after 10 seconds?

Actually someone mentioned the fact that sticky nades do in fact have preset timers to them already?? If that's the case lower the timer to something super low. Ten seconds comes to mind first. This would prevent those teaming up against enemies to work together to get their team killed. And if the choice is to lower the detonation timer, then have it so that the timer is lower when sticking yourself and a bit higher when sticking enemies.

I really believe adding slower movement speed when stuck would be the best way to go about this issue though. That and lower the (if there is one to begin with) auto detonation timer to something more ideal.

Also forgot about sticking objects/the map. Idk if tinkering with this aspect would do anything as most people just suicide bomb already. But I could see nerfs forcing players to just throw stickies at a corner and camp that way so then we'd be back to square one...

Also another suggestion would be to increase the time between each nade detonation so that it makes suixide bombing damn near impossible as the player will be able to run away before each nade damages them.

OR reduce the damage that the nades do when sticking yourself/your team as opposed to sticking an enemy. Instead of 80 damage a nade make it 30 a nade. Thats 180 damage for a suicide bomb instead of 480 damage. Or if 30 is too severe of a nerf, try 40 (240 dmg).
    That's some really good ideas, I especially like these:

- Slow players that have grenades sticked to them (by a certain % for each grenade)
    - Grenades sticked to players detonate automatically after 10 seconds if not triggered
    - Reduce damage of grenades sticked to yourself or your team mates by 50%

Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    3) Incentivize sticking enemies: Increase hit detection radius so they "latch" onto enemies easier
    This is also an interesting thought.

Thanks
    The following changes have been implemented for the next update:

- Players that have grenades sticked to them are slowed by 10% for each grenade (only affects yourself or enemies)
    - Reduced damage of grenades sticked to yourself or your team mates by 50% (grenades sticked to enemies do 200% damage)
    - Sticky grenades now "latch" onto enemies easier when thrown (to incentivize sticking enemies)

4. The following 5 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amamin (03-16-2023), Desecration (03-19-2023), Faky (03-17-2023), SunRui (03-17-2023), TonySoprano (03-16-2023)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

- Players that have grenades sticked to them are slowed by 10% for each grenade (only affects yourself or enemies)
    - Reduced damage of grenades sticked to yourself or your team mates by 50% (grenades sticked to enemies do 200% damage)
    - Sticky grenades now "latch" onto enemies easier when thrown (to incentivize sticking enemies)
    these sound great, not on topic but any chance mines or molotov will get looked at this patch too?

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    these sound great, not on topic but any chance mines or molotov will get looked at this patch too?
    Mines are also getting some changes to prevent camping, yeah. Molotovs aren't (yet).

7. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

SunRui (03-17-2023)

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

how this works with acceleration vials?

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

9. The following user said thank you to Faky for this useful post:

Desecration (03-19-2023)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Moved to Have Been Added, due to the latest update. Read the thread to see the full list of changes on Sticky Grenades, they are a bit different from what was posted here by McSic due to testing by Testers.

Spoiler!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information