Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Hey Freestylers,

PING SYSTEM

• We have created a configurable combat ping wheel system (default key: ALT) for team-based modes (and quest/cq/survival)
    • If you press and release the ping button within 0.1 seconds, you send what you have configured as "quick ping"
    • After 0.1 seconds of holding the ping button, the ping wheel and a cursor start to appear, allowing you to make selections on the ping wheel. Hover over a ping and release the ping key to send it. If you want to cancel the ping wheel without sending anything, you can move your mouse to the center of the wheel and release the key to send nothing.
    • You can customize ALL pings in options, we have created a "Ping System" category for that at your options menu
    • Start a ping with "@" to attach the ping to yourself
    • Furthermore you can change the default ping key, choose whether or not you want to see names on pings, where to show them, etc.

RADAR SYSTEM

• We have created a combat radar system for team-based modes (except: Team Gladiator, Team Training)
    • If an enemy shoots a gun, the position of the shot is shown on the radar for 2.5 seconds
    • As long as the enemy is in sight of you or a teammate after shooting their gun, their position is tracked dynamically on the radar
    • Teammates are always visible on the radar unless you decide to hide them in options (you can hide teammates/enable/disable or change the size of the radar @ video options tab 4)
    • Enemies are shown as red dots
    • Teammates are shown as blue dots
    • If an enemy or teammates dies, the dot turns into a cross (x)

SMOKE GRENADES & MOLOTOVS

• Increased smoke poison damage radius by 25%
    • Smoke poison damage now goes straight to HP
    • Increased smoke core thickness
    • Smoke grenades now last 10 seconds and fade off faster when their lifetime is up
    • Smoke grenades can now be used to extinguish Molotovs, causing the smoke grenade to pop instantly when thrown into a Molotov
    • Molotovs cannot be ignited in smoke grenades

Enjoy,
    FreestylersWorld Staff
    pretty sure smokes or my opinion radar are causing massive fps lag, especially at start of rounds due to all player being clumped up

dont think gunz needed free esp from radar but ok...

feels bad bc radar unilateral and has unlimited range

smoke bomb cool change

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

2. The following user said thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Linzor (03-26-2023)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    RADAR SYSTEM

We have created a combat radar system for team-based modes (except: Team Gladiator, Team Training)
    If an enemy shoots a gun, the position of the shot is shown on the radar for 2.5 seconds
    As long as the enemy is in sight of you or a teammate after shooting their gun, their position is tracked dynamically on the radar
    Teammates are always visible on the radar unless you decide to hide them in options (you can hide teammates/enable/disable or change the size of the radar @ video options tab 4)
    Enemies are shown as red dots
    Teammates are shown as blue dots
    If an enemy or teammates dies, the dot turns into a cross (x)
    No no no no no no tell me it's not so.... At the very least make it optionable when you create a tdm...

4. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

SunRui (03-26-2023)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    pretty sure smokes or my opinion radar are causing massive fps lag, especially at start of rounds due to all player being clumped up

dont think gunz needed free esp from radar but ok...

feels bad bc radar unilateral and has unlimited range

smoke bomb cool change
    Fps drops will be addressed. Need some more feedback to make sure that exactly causes it (e.g. do your fps get better when you disable radar @ options?). Changes to radar can be made depending on feedback.

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    May God bless y’all, both Developers and Owners

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Country
    Thanks
    [*]Fixed players being able to see through walls
    Good, with the addition of radar this seems like an obvious thing to fix

[*]Fixed auto team balance / team randomization bugs
    So far it seems to be working perfectly. Only time will tell though.

[*]Fixed WIW weapons spawning below ground
    So far this is true. I wish there was a way to have the ability to choose to pickup the weapon spawn or not though, to prevent accidental pickups (although it is pretty funny to watch players accidently pickup items in the middle of a fight)

[*]Fixed worlditems turning black if you shoot while scoping with sniper
    Have no clue what this is as I never scope, but glad it's fixed?

[*]Fixed CTF flags not spawning
    Good! Now if only we could get more players to host CTF...

[*]Refined elo system
    Could you elaborate? Any specific percentage numbers? Kills, death, game modes, etc?

[*]Reduced damage of poison element (7 dmg / sec -> 5 dmg / sec)
    ...wat lol i'm assuming this happened due to smoke nades buff?

[*]Poison element damage now goes straight to HP
    since when did it not do direct hp damage???? im assuming Sunrui was the one who caught this?

[*]AFK autokick system now only considers you AFK while alive
    That's nice. Might create issues with more players being afk for longer though. But still nice to consider as it really only matters when you're alive anyways.

[*]Decreased AFK tolerance time from 180 seconds to 90 seconds or 2 rounds of inactivity
    I'm assuming this accounts for the above alive/death timer as well? Now I'ma be getting kicked way more often!

[*]If you press and release the ping button within 0.1 seconds, you send what you have configured as "quick ping"
    I like that you guys added this specific part, as I think the ping wheel is too time consuming (especially when fighting) but it's nice to have a quick one for the ones players use/this would be most beneficial.

[*]After 0.1 seconds of holding the ping button, the ping wheel and a cursor start to appear, allowing you to make selections on the ping wheel. Hover over a ping and release the ping key to send it. If you want to cancel the ping wheel without sending anything, you can move your mouse to the center of the wheel and release the key to send nothing.
    I like this, but given all the button presses while playing GunZ itself, makes using the ping wheel a little difficult. Which I assume is why you guys added the quick ping. But if I die due to a backstab, I'm unable to ping that there's a back stab at that location once I'm dead. (i think there's a 2 second grace period when you die though? until you go into spectate mode, so I guess that's nice to include)

[*]You can customize ALL pings in options, we have created a "Ping System" category for that at your options menu
    Love the customizing aspect. Curious to see what some players will end up making with this new system. BUT would love to see a way to tie in macros (F1,2,3,etc) into the ping wheel as well. I think this would make pinging a bit easier to use while in combat. As it's hard to fight while pulling up a menu to alert your team. And since you can't ping when dead (and no one ever reads chat) ....maybe (and since you can attach the pings to yourself) it might make more sense to just combine macros/ping wheel together and maybe offer the option in game to pick between the two (F keys or button pressing)

[*]Start a ping with "@" to attach the ping to yourself
    Love that this was thought of. Going to be some funny messages I can already see it lol

[*]Furthermore you can change the default ping key, choose whether or not you want to see names on pings, where to show them, etc.
    I'm glad you can choose between keys, as pressing alt is kind of awkward, but I can understand why Alt was the chosen key.

[*]We have created a combat radar system for team-based modes (except: Team Gladiator, Team Training)
    This is very nice for players that don't play with sound/play with music. Also helps keep players from camping too much.

[*]If an enemy shoots a gun, the position of the shot is shown on the radar for 2.5 seconds
    Excellent

[*]As long as the enemy is in sight of you or a teammate after shooting their gun, their position is tracked dynamically on the radar
    Love that! Somewhat encourages teamwork a bit more???

[*]Teammates are always visible on the radar unless you decide to hide them in options (you can hide teammates/enable/disable or change the size of the radar @ video options tab 4)
    That's nice to have the option to. Especially since there's already the option to have teammates names/health bars over top of them already

[*]Increased smoke poison damage radius by 25%
    Gonna love spamming these in hallways lol

[*]Smoke poison damage now goes straight to HP
    Good, hopefully it stays that way

[*]Increased smoke core thickness
    Now they can actually be used to blur vision! (maybe make it so if you're aiming through smoke, enemies names/crosshair doesn't appear/change?) Because all I have to do is smoke a long hallway and wait in the corner with my crosshair aimed at the doorway and it's basically a free ESP hack.....or maybe not and keep it in to encourage more players to use smoke nades

[*]Smoke grenades now last 10 seconds and fade off faster when their lifetime is up
    This is great as it will clear up the confusion of why enemies aren't being damaged.

[*]Smoke grenades can now be used to extinguish Molotovs, causing the smoke grenade to pop instantly when thrown into a Molotov
    Nice way to counter the two. I can see some nice strats using both of these together!

[*]Molotovs cannot be ignited in smoke grenades
    This is nice as you can use smoke nades to prevent others from molotov spamming major hallways. My only concern with this is teammates intentionally smoke nading team mates molotovs???

[*]Reduced damage of grenades sticked to yourself or your team mates by 50% (grenades sticked to enemies do 200% damage)
    hopefully players don't get too upset about this lol

[*]Players that have grenades sticked to them are slowed by a certain % for each grenade (only affects yourself or enemies):
    so far the slow effect seems to be reasonable.

[*]Sticky grenades sticked to yourself slow you by 5% per sticky
    bye bye suiciders :kappa:

[*]Sticky grenades sticked to enemies slow them by 10% per sticky
    I like that it's more for enemies to encourage people to use them on them rather than on their own self

[*]Sticky grenades now "latch" onto enemies easier when thrown (to incentivize sticking enemies)
    haven't tried this yet, but will hope this works correctly

[*]Mines can now be shot to destroy them
    this is nice, but at least make them one shot for ALL guns. I know this was added as a way to nerf the mine spam within deathmatch rooms, but i'd like to see a different approach when it comes to mines inside deathmatch rooms (like mines despawn when you die/leave, a cap where if you place more it despawns the first mine you placed, etc)

[*]They have health equal to their damage (60) and a visible healthbar when looking at them
    I can see why the health is tied to mine damage...but I still think they should be one shot maybe? Will have to play more to make a better assumption

[*]If destroyed, they explode, dealing damage in a small AOE
    That's awesome! Will make for some interesting tactics between players and in fights.
    Last edited by Desecration; 03-26-2023 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Cleaned up a bit
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    I like the radar, it evens the playfield against those players that have no music and 100% sound volume so they hear literally anything in the map.

I don't think you should be able to shoot your teammate's mines. I also don't think they should be 1 shot, or at least not without some buff to balance it. Like maybe make mines invisible from farther than a couple meters

Incentivizing sticking enemies with sticky nade is nice and all but the lag (ping difference) makes it almost unusable

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Fps drops will be addressed. Need some more feedback to make sure that exactly causes it (e.g. do your fps get better when you disable radar @ options?). Changes to radar can be made depending on feedback.
    definitely is radar, disable it & no fps drop

as said dont know abt giving player basically free esp, feels

assuming it will probably stay regardless

would like limited range or have radar only work for things in your FOV
    radar is unilateral, should have ^ and V represent players above/below you
    gunz replay has cool minimap view; wonder if that could be implement to radar somehow

edit bugs

explosives (nade/molotov/smoke etc) dont damage mines

pings arent toggleable
    DPS elements poison/fire dont properly work on x2 Large Sword
    Last edited by SunRui; 03-27-2023 at 06:01 AM.

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    definitely is radar, disable it & no fps drop

as said dont know abt giving player basically free esp, feels

assuming it will probably stay regardless

would like limited range or have radar only work for things in your FOV
    radar is unilateral, should have ^ and V represent players above/below you
    gunz replay has cool minimap view; wonder if that could be implement to radar somehow

edit bugs

explosives (nade/molotov/smoke etc) dont damage mines

pings arent toggleable
    DPS elements poison/fire dont properly work on x2 Large Sword
    Radar already considers your FOV and your teammates FOV for dynamic tracking of the enemy. If the enemy shoots without being in sight, the position is shown as a static position (of the shot) on the radar. If an enemy is in sight, but doesn't shoot, the position is not shown, allowing enemies to sneak up / get kills with melees / special items. Changes can be made if more people agree.

As stated in the first post, mines can be SHOT to destroy them, nothing else destroys them. Not a bug.

I don't know what you mean with pings not being toggleable.

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks for update boss

Thank you and credit ~ GeorgeGFX

Thanks
    FGunZ Hotfix 2 // 27 MARCH 2023

• Fixed FPS drops caused by radar
    • Increased enemy dot size on radar by 25%
    • Fixed teammates not disappearing on radar when dead
    • Combat pings can now also be sent via commands (/p1 to /p9), e.g. so they can be used as macros (F1-F8)
    • Fixed QOTD not changing at midnight
    • Crash fixes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information