Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks
    2 bugs that need fixing:

Kicks Disappearing
    -Kicks disappear shortly after starting. Some players can't vote or see who was kicked.

Kicked for going to game room
    -This seems to only happen sometimes, so I assume it's a bug? Sometimes the kick will go through when you go to the game room. Probably a side effect of getting kicked when leaving a game (avoiding kicks).

Kick System Suggestion
    -Personally, I don't understand the current kick system. Sometimes we get a pop-up box and sometimes it's a list of names. The pop-up box prevents you from moving/playing, so I think removing that entirely would be best... But any consistent system would work.

Thanks~

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    2 bugs that need fixing:

Kicks Disappearing
    -Kicks disappear shortly after starting. Some players can't vote or see who was kicked.

Kicked for going to game room
    -This seems to only happen sometimes, so I assume it's a bug? Sometimes the kick will go through when you go to the game room. Probably a side effect of getting kicked when leaving a game (avoiding kicks).

Kick System Suggestion
    -Personally, I don't understand the current kick system. Sometimes we get a pop-up box and sometimes it's a list of names. The pop-up box prevents you from moving/playing, so I think removing that entirely would be best... But any consistent system would work.

Thanks~
    I don't seem to understand any of your concerns.

1) The vote disappears once you've voted or if the person was kicked / left the room. There is a message in chat notifying everyone who was kicked.

2) When a kick vote is running against you and you leave the game, you get kicked. This is intended behaviour to avoid dodging kicks as you mentioned.

3) Whether there's a box or a list depends on the size of the room. If there's more players in the room than the list can show, it shows a popup box to make a selection instead. This is also intended behaviour.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    1) The vote disappears once you've voted or if the person was kicked / left the room. There is a message in chat notifying everyone who was kicked.
    Sometimes there's a bug that the vote disappears before you click Y/N, it's rare but it happens.

4. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

SunRui (04-05-2023)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    It is not so common knowledge that you can also vote after the message disappears using the command /yes and /no, but agreed, it sometimes bugs out, if I had to guess it would be because too many people click on the vote very fast, but that's just a guess. Somewhat related to the kick system, I wonder if we could have the ability to cast votes on anything again and not just player IGNs. We used to be able to /vote kick <message> and essentially make a form of an in-game poll which is nice to use at times. Imagine wanting player input on making a decision in an event by making a quick vote poll in-game.

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    Sometimes there's a bug that the vote disappears before you click Y/N, it's rare but it happens.
    +1
    it disappears in just 1 or 2 secs we dont get chance to read who getting kicked and there is no point to using commands /yes and /no cus you dont know who

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

7. The following user said thank you to Faky for this useful post:

Desecration (04-05-2023)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    i think bug happens because someone leave or join room during vote

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Nah it definitely disappears while the player is still in the room

10. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Desecration (04-05-2023)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    Nah it definitely disappears while the player is still in the room
    not saying person being kicked

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    Rare? It happens every time I play lol.

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    It is not so common knowledge that you can also vote after the message disappears using the command /yes and /no,
    Did not know that you can do that. I'm more concerned of who started the kick and who's the kick for before I go typing /yes or /no though.

I wonder if we could have the ability to cast votes on anything again and not just player IGNs. We used to be able to /vote kick <message> and essentially make a form of an in-game poll which is nice to use at times. Imagine wanting player input on making a decision in an event by making a quick vote poll in-game
    I'm glad you mentioned this as no one else seems to remember that we once could do such a thing. It was always useful to use the voting system as an in game polling vote.

Also it would be nice to be able to cast game option votes in game instead of forcing all players to go back to waiting room so that gamemaster can turn options on/off. /vote AMMODROP, /vote randomizer, etc.
    Last edited by Desecration; 04-05-2023 at 07:44 PM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I don't seem to understand any of your concerns.
    That's okay!

The first is an uncommon bug as others have mentioned. It happens maybe once a week for me. Kicks disappear nearly instantly before you can vote. I think this has been around since official server days. It was mentioned you can still vote with /yes or /no. A confirmation that you voted and how might be nice...?

Second - If this is intended behavior, it doesn't seem to work consistently. Sometimes players can go to the game room to change equips during kicks and come back in. I would think this should be allowed, as a game ending while a kick is on-going could risk a player getting kicked if they leave as the finish sign comes up. Not sure if they would get kicked automatically here. Also, the reason the fix was implemented, was because a player would leave the room entirely and avoid the kick, so it was impossible to kick them. If they're in the game room, it's still possible to kick them. So the use-case doesn't make sense to me here...

Third - Pop-up box for larger games makes sense. Still would hope for something consistent on this front.

Also as the others are saying, I'd love for us to be able to make "fake" kicks again with /vote kick <message> or /kick <message>
    Last edited by Armani; 04-05-2023 at 11:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information