Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

I read the post from Adelaide suggesting the discounted event shop item. However, I would like to humbly suggest changing the Event Point distribution during events.

1) Although events are regular, the probability of winning is very low - the more players join, the lower the probability of winning as well. I have been joining events everyday for the past week and have only won twice.
    2) Winning an event only gets +1 point.
    3) Event shop items are very expensive - I get that its suppose to be exclusive, but at this point, it feels a bit unattainable to me. Getting EP just feels so difficult.

With the above reasons, it kind of makes me feel like not wanting to participate in events because the rewards do not feel like it is worth the time to me. So might I suggest a few things that could be done:

1) Increase the number of winners per event. E.g, 1st prize - 5 points, 2nd Prize - 3 points, 3rd prize - 1 point
    2) Increase the number of points that can be awarded when winning events.
    3) Giving some participation points for just joining the event. E.g, 1 point for joining
    4) To balance the above suggestions, you could consider increasing the prices of the event shop items as well.

Thank you for reading!

2. The following 3 users say thank you to AColderMilk for this useful post:

Bunny (04-06-2023), cevo (04-25-2023), Charm Hye (04-06-2023)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Will say a few things that don't necessarily strike to the points you brought up but should answer concerns you have regarding the event shop and earning of event points in general;

• There are plans to rebalance the event shop with items that are more worthwhile to acquire; i.e weapons that can compete with donation weapons and legendary weapons given the difficulty in acquiring event points, as you mentioned, and the already very high prices for items that are technically weaker than the equivalent donation weapons when converting to coins. Event points can be considered much more valuable than coins; getting 100 event points, while convertable to 200 coins, is a lot harder to get than 200 coins.
    • A recent discussion about the nature of winning rarity in events lead to the idea that we can multiply everything event-point-related by a number like 10; if you had 13 event points, you would now have 130, and the 100 event point weapons in the shop would be 1000 instead. This enables sending effectively fractions of points, like sending 1-2 event points as a participation reward (which would be 1/10 or 1/5 of an event point), thus rewarding everyone that plays and not just the winner. Perhaps the second place can also be rewarded with 5, which is half an event point. However, a system like this would make it much more difficult for the event team to send points to everyone in the room, essentially requiring a sort of command to automatically send to everyone in the room which is non-trivial to implement.

4. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Amamin (04-14-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Will say a few things that don't necessarily strike to the points you brought up but should answer concerns you have regarding the event shop and earning of event points in general;

• There are plans to rebalance the event shop with items that are more worthwhile to acquire; i.e weapons that can compete with donation weapons and legendary weapons given the difficulty in acquiring event points, as you mentioned, and the already very high prices for items that are technically weaker than the equivalent donation weapons when converting to coins. Event points can be considered much more valuable than coins; getting 100 event points, while convertable to 200 coins, is a lot harder to get than 200 coins.
    • A recent discussion about the nature of winning rarity in events lead to the idea that we can multiply everything event-point-related by a number like 10; if you had 13 event points, you would now have 130, and the 100 event point weapons in the shop would be 1000 instead. This enables sending effectively fractions of points, like sending 1-2 event points as a participation reward (which would be 1/10 or 1/5 of an event point), thus rewarding everyone that plays and not just the winner. Perhaps the second place can also be rewarded with 5, which is half an event point. However, a system like this would make it much more difficult for the event team to send points to everyone in the room, essentially requiring a sort of command to automatically send to everyone in the room which is non-trivial to implement.
    Thank you for the quick reply! Glad to know that you guys are aware and working on this.

I understand where you guys are coming from. There certainly is no easy way to balance this out since there are event points and coins, which are multiple currencies with different values. Looking forward to the rebalance. Thank you for hearing us out :-)

Thanks
    I like these suggestions! It'd be nice if we could reward more players and reward participation in my opinion. I'd love to participate in some of these events, but the reward just never seems worth my time.

7. The following 3 users say thank you to Armani for this useful post:

Bunny (04-06-2023), Desecration (04-13-2023), SunRui (04-05-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    I like these suggestions! It'd be nice if we could reward more players and reward participation in my opinion. I'd love to participate in some of these events, but the reward just never seems worth my time.
    I still wouldn't attend an event lol. Just remove event items all together in place for something even more exclusive. The event items currently aren't very desirable in my opinion as is. Wow, a hat with my country on it! Oh cool, I get a floating crown over top of my head to prevent me from hiding behind lower walls. Color combo dashes....YAY!

The only items that even seem interesting to get would be the melee items that have that sort of highlight/outline to them. Other than that, no one;s going to even notice that you're using event items unless they're spectating you and see on the HUD that you're using "EVENT Rocket/Rifle/MG" So the idea of showing them off is already very miniscule.

I do like the idea of adding participation points, but then that starts to feel like we're catering to everyone. And with the whole negative stigma on "participation trophies" this suggestion starts to come off like such.
    Last edited by Desecration; 04-13-2023 at 04:37 PM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I do like the idea of adding participation points, but then that starts to feel like we're catering to everyone. And with the whole negative stigma on "participation trophies" this suggestion starts to come off like such.
    Giving someone the equivalent of a 10 cent coin for simply participating in an event isn't likely going to put a sour taste in anyone's mouth. The aim is to increase participation because events are simply more fun the more people there are, but like the OP said some players get discouraged because more players = less chances of winning. So what happens is that they play, for example, Dodgeball event with 16 players because they don't mind losing in it but wouldn't join the following Gun Game event, not because they don't enjoy it, only that they enjoy it less. So now the player count for that event decreases, which further discourages other players who would have played Gun Game if there were more people to play it with. So me personally, I'm very much in support of the x10 idea. That little incentive to keep participating I think might be enough to retain player count better.

Like if you join 100 events at all then shit I think you deserve being given that 10 event points at least.

10. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

cevo (04-25-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    Giving someone the equivalent of a 10 cent coin for simply participating in an event isn't likely going to put a sour taste in anyone's mouth. The aim is to increase participation because events are simply more fun the more people there are, but like the OP said some players get discouraged because more players = less chances of winning. So what happens is that they play, for example, Dodgeball event with 16 players because they don't mind losing in it but wouldn't join the following Gun Game event, not because they don't enjoy it, only that they enjoy it less. So now the player count for that event decreases, which further discourages other players who would have played Gun Game if there were more people to play it with. So me personally, I'm very much in support of the x10 idea. That little incentive to keep participating I think might be enough to retain player count better.

Like if you join 100 events at all then shit I think you deserve being given that 10 event points at least.
    Whatever brings in more traction I guess. I personally have never attended an event except once or twice so my opinions really don't add up to much. I do think the items in the event shop need some attention because i personally would not attend/grind events to activley collect the event items. Maybe the blue rocket and a melee item with the highlights, but other than those items there's not much to grind for. But that's all just personal opinion and taste.

The only person I ever see actually using event items is Zec and maybe a purple crown here and there.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    I never play events because I'm really, really bad at GunZ. I mostly play to fool around and deal with the weirdo community we have. Never won an event, and outside of absolute sheer luck I likely never will. To me, they might as well not exist.. there's no reward for playing.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by cevo View Post
    I never play events because I'm really, really bad at GunZ. I mostly play to fool around and deal with the weirdo community we have. Never won an event, and outside of absolute sheer luck I likely never will. To me, they might as well not exist.. there's no reward for playing.
    In my personal experience being both a participant and a host, events are another fun way of engaging with the community. Maybe not as chill as training rooms but they're still laid back rooms where you can chat with other players without taking anything too seriously.

Also people have won Hide and Seek completely AFK. There are also completely luck-based events like Roll the Dice. There are trivia events like Guess the Password or True or False which require 0 gunz skill. Multiple events which don't require kstyle skill because of how heavily modified the ETs make the room like Don't Get Yeeted. There's even Fall Into Oblivion which is literally just a race to die first. You should try joining events sometime, gunz skills aren't a prerequisite to winning a lot of the events.

Thread Information