Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    The RPG mode is pretty fun and creative, but majorly unfair for anyone who reaches 50 kills against someone who just joined, further increasing the gap as its harder to kill anyone as a newcomer.

A way to mitigate this would be to halve all of the current effects, and instead make max level 20 for each upgrade, so that 200 kills will be needed to max everything out. Also, some upgrades would be better off just getting nerfed entirely, like the reload speed and vamp, which at max level are pretty stupid strong and render a max level player unkillable.

Also, there are a few other creative upgrades one can think of for this mode; similar to the RTD style

• Jump height
    • Double jump (start out with almost 0 vertical gain up to a normal jump gain at max level)
    • Size (using Frooples' new size command)
    • Slow down (shots and slashes slow the enemy down for 0.1~1sec by ~2% per level)

Could be a lot more I guess but these are what I came up with in a couple of minutes that wouldn't seem difficult to implement (double jump - think existing ninja jump)

2. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Amamin (04-14-2023)

LeotheSith's Avatar LeoSithIsHere

Country
    Thanks
    Support your ideia! (anyway, i never got it, because the commands don't work for me, i select the keys as instructed, but they don't work) I'm new to the server, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by LeotheSith View Post
    Support your ideia! (anyway, i never got it, because the commands don't work for me, i select the keys as instructed, but they don't work) I'm new to the server, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    Do you press CTRL + a number key?

LeotheSith's Avatar LeoSithIsHere

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Do you press CTRL + a number key?
    yes, always! but doesnt work :/

Country
    Thanks
    I agree that the current upgrade system should be altered to favor those who may have just joined the room. This game mode sucks if you weren't one of the originals to start the room off. I also like the idea of removing reload speed and vamp, whether or not something needs to replace those I'm not quite sure. It sounds like extending out the times you have to upgrade sounds like the best bet in terms of balancing. Hopefully any changes to the mode would have us see an increase in seeing this game mode being hosted.

An alternative would be to just have the game mode automatically have late join disabled. But players leave rooms so steadily that you'd more than likely never see one of these rooms come to a close.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

̠̱͓͉̱̬͎͐̓̍ͣ̑͌ͪ͡ ͨ̔͋ͯ̈́̊̍̍

Thanks
    I say, it would be better if you implement a new system to upgrade and I like the double jump idea also could make yourself lighter by very small amounts that way it doesn’t be over powered and maybe if you die you lose some amount of the power up depending how good your score is deserves the most power

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Added in next update:

RPG Mod has been rebalanced to make it more fair:

- You can now upgrade each skill to Lv. 20 (MAX) to reach the same strength as what was previously Lv. 10 (MAX)
    - To max all skills you need to reach 200 kills

Furthermore:
    - Vampire effect strength has been decreased
    - Reload Speed effect strength has been decreased

These changes also affect Survival mode. You can upgrade skills to Lv. 20 (MAX), but the strength of the skills have not been weakened here (except for Vampire), which means that skills now have double the effect strength at Lv. 20 (MAX) compared to the old Lv. 10 (MAX). This means that you can now further customize how you want to play Survival, by focusing on maxing specific skills and ultimately being stronger in that field.

9. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amamin (04-28-2023)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Added in next update:

RPG Mod has been rebalanced to make it more fair:

- You can now upgrade each skill to Lv. 20 (MAX) to reach the same strength as what was previously Lv. 10 (MAX)
    - To max all skills you need to reach 200 kills

Furthermore:
    - Vampire effect strength has been decreased
    - Reload Speed effect strength has been decreased

These changes also affect Survival mode. You can upgrade skills to Lv. 20 (MAX), but the strength of the skills have not been weakened here (except for Vampire), which means that skills now have double the effect strength at Lv. 20 (MAX) compared to the old Lv. 10 (MAX). This means that you can now further customize how you want to play Survival, by focusing on maxing specific skills and ultimately being stronger in that field.
    Moved to Have Been Added, due to the latest update. See the RPG Changes section for a full list of changes to RPG Mode.

Spoiler!

Thread Information