Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    With everything that has been added to FGunZ over the years that Gun Game has existed, there are a few weapons that can be used to make this mode be a little more varied; like the various MagicLaunchers ETs use in Dodgeball and some other events and the Rocketman V1 and the Cybersword largesword.

Also, it seems odd that Gun Game does not also roll your items; considering we have like 10 different explosives now and that meds, acceleration vials, mines, etc, take a major part of almost every other game mode, it is strange that we see absolutely none of that in this gamemode. Randomization per level for a chance to have items equipped (say 50%) plus, if true, rolling between the various items we have (no reason to exclude admin items here and admin item exclusive rotations) sounds like it could be fun.
    Last edited by Bunny; 04-13-2023 at 05:31 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    No, no, no! Please do not add ITEMS to the GUN game mode! If any items were to see a presence in Gun Game it should be sticky nades to imitate throwing knives in COD's gun game mode.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    I'm all for more randomization, since that's the theme of the mode! Just no super busted admin-only weapons please

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    No, no, no! Please do not add ITEMS to the GUN game mode! If any items were to see a presence in Gun Game it should be sticky nades to imitate throwing knives in COD's gun game mode.
    but y

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I think admin weapons would bring imbalance to the gun game event. A lucky admin sg or admin long dagger roll would make you win that event instantly if you don't fumble hard.

As an additional suggestion, how about randomizing what weapon you get after each kill? IIRC the weapon rotation for gun game is fixed and just rotates after the 30th kill. If it's actually already random though and I'm just talking out my ass then ignore this lol.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    I think admin weapons would bring imbalance to the gun game event. A lucky admin sg or admin long dagger roll would make you win that event instantly if you don't fumble hard.

As an additional suggestion, how about randomizing what weapon you get after each kill? IIRC the weapon rotation for gun game is fixed and just rotates after the 30th kill. If it's actually already random though and I'm just talking out my ass then ignore this lol.
    The only problem is that makes part of it luck-based. It's kind of fun to compete with someone to see who can get a kill first with certain weapons at certain kill marks. Everyone has to go through the same hurdles and the order is randomized from the start? So I kind of like the current setup.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    I'm all for more randomization, since that's the theme of the mode! Just no super busted admin-only weapons please

Originally Posted by Amamin View Post

How gun-game currently works is that you start the game and all rolls are determined at that point - but are randomized every time you start a new gun-game room. Currently, the gun-game mode already includes the admin sword, admin long sword, admin long dagger, etc. I am simply asking to add more of the same, but in item form, to make the mode more interesting - like admin grenades, admin mines, molotovs, sticky bombs, etc.

Also, as written in the OP, there are a couple of new admin-only weapons, not all of which are stupidly op compared to what we have implemented into the mode - the Cyber Sword is simply a largesword that deals 60 damage and has a special flip that massives, and the Rocketman V1 rocket does 98 dmg per fireball.

The rolls, as Armani said, would be the same for every player at every kill-mark.
    Last edited by Bunny; 04-14-2023 at 11:38 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    The only problem is that makes part of it luck-based. It's kind of fun to compete with someone to see who can get a kill first with certain weapons at certain kill marks. Everyone has to go through the same hurdles and the order is randomized from the start? So I kind of like the current setup.
    This. Gun Game is already in a good state. Lets not ruin it with randomizers and items. After all its called GUN game for a reason.

As I stated before, if any items are to be added to the rotation it should only be sticky nades. Maybe make the sticky nade one of the last loadouts to complete to sortof replicate Call of Duty's throwing dagger/crossbow ending weapons.

Although the suggestion of adding additional admin weapons would be cool, just so long as it doesn't overpopulated the weapons given already. Admin items should not take up more than 15% of all weapons in Gun Game.
    Last edited by Desecration; 04-15-2023 at 03:59 PM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    This. Gun Game is already in a good state. Lets not ruin it with randomizers and items. After all its called GUN game for a reason.

As I stated before, if any items are to be added to the rotation it should only be sticky nades. Maybe make the sticky nade one of the last loadouts to complete to sortof replicate Call of Duty's throwing dagger/crossbow ending weapons.
    As I have already mentioned, the randomization only takes place when the game starts, and locks itself for every player. I don't see how the fact that its called "Gun Game" justifies not having randomizers and items, as you mention, considering we already have gun-game levels with just katanas, and some with just rocketlaunchers and predator rockets.

I still do not understand why sticky nades is what you think should be the only item allowed into the rotation. What is conceptually wrong about meds and grenades? They are more a part of this game than the sticky nades. They are used in EVERY gun room (exclude grenades in EX rooms), while things that are actually guns/rifles/launchers that exist in gun-game already, like snipers and rockets, barely see any use.
    Last edited by Bunny; 04-15-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Also, as written in the OP, there are a couple of new admin-only weapons, not all of which are stupidly op compared to what we have implemented into the mode - the Cyber Sword is simply a largesword that deals 60 damage and has a special flip that massives, and the Rocketman V1 rocket does 98 dmg per fireball.
    I like these additions - but I'd be wary of adding more OP admin weapons since we already have a few like you mentioned. I'm not familiar with how they work or how OP they'd be in gun game, so I can't comment on the OP ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information