Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

by replacing dash with tumble big swords can be useful, maybe jump slash tumble is allowed with delay, but cannot slash while tumble,

keep the slash block on ground.

so people can tumble, slash block, maybe devs can replace flip of big sword with those quest goblin king smash but make it slower so people can time it.

Suggestion description:

2. The following 2 users say thank you to isallmyram for this useful post:

Cid (04-18-2023), Eran (04-18-2023)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    This was already suggested and discussed on discord: https://discord.com/channels/2086426...21664992608327 and would ultimately make large swords less useful. You wouldn't even be able to climb up walls with tumble.

Country
    Thanks
    i was thinking having the big sword and do d style, but without the dash people couldnt do dstyle, maygbe they can extend the dash length to make it seem like tumbling

but goblin king smash is like a must if it can be implemented, that thing should do massive damage and cannot be blocked, just a bit slow

- - - Updated - - -

its regarding to second reply, by adding length to big sword dash might make it really fun and op, in a sense people can time the dash length to for a cancel, so people can cancel mid dash or 75% of the dash, this is why i think tumbling seems more balanced ,

actually don't slow it, im playing with big sword right now,i think just by adding the length is good

the whole style can be very unpredictable, since people can cancel during the 1.5x dash length,

it might also need some invisible frame from jump massive, plus inbetween slashes, because that thing is really slow

maybe the most quick way to do it is by having regular massive animation from big sword but unblockable as alternative fire, if it's too hard to transfer some of the quest boss mechanics to players scripts then having a regular massive as alternative fire is good too, because it's big, so smash and unblockable makes more sense
    Last edited by isallmyram; 04-18-2023 at 08:43 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    This was already suggested and discussed on discord: https://discord.com/channels/2086426...21664992608327 and would ultimately make large swords less useful. You wouldn't even be able to climb up walls with tumble.
    What if you added the tumble as the secondary attack (right click)? That way you could still dash and wall climb while having that second move just like the rest of the melee items.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by isallmyram View Post
    i was thinking having the big sword and do d style, but without the dash people couldnt do dstyle, maygbe they can extend the dash length to make it seem like tumbling

but goblin king smash is like a must if it can be implemented, that thing should do massive damage and cannot be blocked, just a bit slow

- - - Updated - - -

its regarding to second reply, by adding length to big sword dash might make it really fun and op, in a sense people can time the dash length to for a cancel, so people can cancel mid dash or 75% of the dash, this is why i think tumbling seems more balanced ,

actually don't slow it, im playing with big sword right now,i think just by adding the length is good

the whole style can be very unpredictable, since people can cancel during the 1.5x dash length,

it might also need some invisible frame from jump massive, plus inbetween slashes, because that thing is really slow

maybe the most quick way to do it is by having regular massive animation from big sword but unblockable as alternative fire, if it's too hard to transfer some of the quest boss mechanics to players scripts then having a regular massive as alternative fire is good too, because it's big, so smash and unblockable makes more sense
    The rightclick massive is an interesting idea. I think we can give that one a shot.

7. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

cevo (04-28-2023), SunRui (04-19-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    i was just playing with the big sword, this thing is really really slow and weak that to the point making it better makes no one angry.

the only thing this thing can do is dash slash block, it might need the extention atk range in glad mode plus 5 extra damage.

if somehow developer can make massive from blocking slashes come out instantly without the releading massive animation it makes turtle style more suitable,

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    The rightclick massive is an interesting idea. I think we can give that one a shot.
    I would absolutely love this, as I tend to run around with just a large sword no guns. hahaha.

Any chance you could also throw in weapons that don't do damage and act as rings? Extra hp/ap for running around with just a melee weapon? :'D

Thread Information