Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    A command like /bot ignore, but for actual players. So just /ignore I guess. Sometimes players get autistically obsessive about ruining other players' fun in general training rooms. They can't always be kicked because of, but not limited to, these reasons:

1. Half the room is afk,
    2. Trolls outnumber the trollee, or
    3. People who aren't being bothered won't press Y.

When it happens it often leads to a lot of toxicity. Kinda brings the mood down when game chat is filled with name calling, bigoted remarks, and other unpleasant comments. If players can just /ignore those that are annoying then I think it would significantly decrease, if not completely eliminate, toxicity in training rooms.

Obviously disable it in the event channel. Make a room option of "Force No Ignore" so game masters can disable the command if they want to make an event in the general channel. It's limited only in that room for that current session, so rejoining that room would require you to do /ignore again. This would seem to me like it's the least intrusive way of dealing with this problem.

2. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Jona (04-21-2023)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggested for a different benefit and with different rules here a long time ago: https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...yer+visibility
    Perhaps with this added reasoning, it may be implemented. However, while it could be possible to implement this without too much hassle by manipulating the NAT behavior for visibility of players, it may be a big challenge to code and thus still not worth doing just for players slashing/shooting in training rooms.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Oh I didn't know it was already suggested. Nothing to add to the Discord convo, good to know you're in agreement <3

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Moved to Have Been Added, due to the latest update (24 JULY 2023).

Players can now /ghost annoying players bothering them in game, if you don't want to hear any chat from those users you can /ignore them as well.
    Last edited by justRelax; 07-26-2023 at 04:39 PM. Reason: JP

Spoiler!

Thread Information