Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    A command/option for the Event Team to use in the Event Channel that auto kills players who don’t move within x (host-defined) amount of seconds (prevents hiders, campers in events, and perhaps elevating) (could also remove some of those rules if we have this option).

If option is enabled would have to add to descriptions something among the lines of "Anti-Camp is set for ? second" (Anti-Camp just being one name I came up with).

Spoiler!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Theoretically a good idea however I dont think campers actually dont move and this would be easy to bypass by just moving around a bit. I just dont think this would actually detect campers once they learn that this function exists.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Theoretically a good idea however I dont think campers actually dont move and this would be easy to bypass by just moving around a bit. I just dont think this would actually detect campers once they learn that this function exists.
    That is the point, we want people to make baby steps to move around. We don't want people to stay in one spot for an extended period of time since that could be counterintuitive and could make events boring.

Spoiler!

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Agreed, this command would only kill AFKers, you can camp at one area by potshotting too.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    On second thought, this could come in handy in events where the no camping rule isnt necessarily used simply because it would currently be impossible to enforce, like meteor shower, and events where camping is a serious issue while existing in the form of people actually not moving like in DFD.

Also, if it would be possible to change in real time via command, it could come in handy for a few potential adjustments to events that forces players to stay on the move and maybe more niche but as a way to assist in hosting RLGL by killing those who stay in place after a non red light command.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Cid (05-06-2023), justRelax (05-14-2023)

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    I feel like most campers aren't actually motionless and are like checking all their corners of where they're camping. This would 100% effect people who are hanging and waiting for the host to come around a corner so they can drop and dash away. The toxic thing to do would be freeze a player and then use the command lol

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    I feel like most campers aren't actually motionless and are like checking all their corners of where they're camping. This would 100% effect people who are hanging and waiting for the host to come around a corner so they can drop and dash away. The toxic thing to do would be freeze a player and then use the command lol
    Well I didn't have a plan on using it for events such as Last Man Standing or the like where the host is hunting players down. My focus was mainly on PvP events and or maps where camping would grant you a greater advantage i.e. in Meteor Shower. Camping in Last Man Standing gives you higher odds but it isn't as game breaking than someone camping in Meteor Shower not bothering to even try to dodge the rockets at the bottom.

Spoiler!

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    sound like theres too many easy loopholes (just move back and forth) for this to be effective

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Thanks
    Hey how to I join in this typeof event

Polar's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by AlinaRodrig View Post
    Hey how to I join in this typeof event
    You can participate in a variety of in-game events. The event team schedules events in different time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information