Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Ai generated bots

Suggestion description:
    Ive read somewhere that frooples is working on bots so that they can eventually fight back
    Thats great for the gunz community both old and new. Tired of getting stomped in duel or tdm? Hopefully eventually we can implement a co op room option where you can choose to add bots at any desired elo. This is what i think of when i think of a training room. Maybe itll promote more online people to actually play rather than afk. This co op option can let the beginners and noobs train without getting shit on 24/7 and then quit all you have to do is set the elo of each bot. Short 3 players in your tdm? No problem youll be able to add bots so that the tdm is always full, cause some people want to play other tdms rather than garden. This tdm option can fill the room with bots and as people join it replaces the bot with a real player, if the player leaves the bot comes back, the room can always be full if you wanted it to. (Just and idea) . This will be a good option for all, without actually changing the game.

Country
    Thanks
    Also maybe implement an achievement system where if new players learn dbf and use it in battle it will say achievement unlocked etc. Would be good for new players to know theyre doing the right move. Or if you stay in the air for 30seconds you can unlock a hangtime achievement (achievement lvl1 unlocked) and for pros it involves you staying in the air for 30seconds while using latedash to hit all your shots (achievement predator unlocked)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    It doesn't take much effort to say "add bots that you can choose the elo and they play like they are in that elo" but in actuality this can be months of work for the dev team to get right, and gets exponentially harder when you think about elos higher than 3000, requiring a decent AI algorithm which can also adaptively change to various gameplays, avoid shots, explosives, read strategies, fall back, etc.

This adds multiple levels of complexity to information sensing and responding to the game that I don't think the developers want to spend this much time on, essentially creating an entirely new game because thats just how complex gunz can be. If players can take months before they "git gud" and some never do, how long will it take to automate a system that can play instead, which also doesn't consistently play macro-perfect moves with aimbot level aim?

It is pretty difficult in of itself, for various reasons, to even implement quest monsters into normal maps, so even implementing that "basic" thing into the game can be enough of a challenge.
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-29-2023 at 12:06 AM.

4. The following 3 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

FUNNYSK (06-30-2023), Menotso (06-29-2023), SunRui (06-29-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    It doesn't take much effort to say "add bots that you can choose the elo and they play like they are in that elo" but in actuality this can be months of work for the dev team to get right, and gets exponentially harder when you think about elos higher than 3000, requiring a decent AI algorithm which can also adaptively change to various gameplays, avoid shots, explosives, read strategies, fall back, etc.

This adds multiple levels of complexity to information sensing and responding to the game that I don't think the developers want to spend this much time on, essentially creating an entirely new game because thats just how complex gunz can be. If players can take months before they "git gud" and some never do, how long will it take to automate a system that can play instead, which also doesn't consistently play macro-perfect moves with aimbot level aim?

It is pretty difficult in of itself, for various reasons, to even implement quest monsters into normal maps, so even implementing that "basic" thing into the game can be enough of a challenge.
    It is never too late to start and try. This newer generation is geared with ai technology. You say the devs dont want to spend months on a project like this but imagine if they even did 2 years ago maybe itd be ready to launch lol. The hardest game in the world which is gunz doesnt have basic bot training. Positioning wise itd probably be ai generated, as for moves with different elo youd probably have to record lets say a predator player for months to implement. Youre literally not creating an entirely new game, youre not adding any new glitches/moves. Halo has it, league has it, literally majority of these games have offline bots in which you can practice. And as for skill level they can start with a very basic bot, and later on make a more advance one. Key word is to START. What if they came out with one that just tumbles and sprays to begin with, work on positioning for the bot first then later implement moves. What if they said itd take months to figure this out in 2013?? And that its not worth their time, its 2023 now imagine if they just started with a protocol how many more players mightve stayed, think about it you dont have to deal with toxicitiy in game you can just play tdm on your own with bots, ignore function only goes so far you can still get taunted ,targeted, stepped over. Games wouldnt be as dead as they are. You wouldnt be limited, and noobs wouldnt quit as quick.
    Last edited by degijas1; 06-29-2023 at 02:53 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    I dont code so i dont know how truly difficult it may be i was hoping someone from the dev team can answer.

ok

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by degijas1 View Post
    Wow u must be a real nerd to write that to ur gf my guy. We talking about a game here
    and you believe me? damn, we talkin bout game sure, the bots themselves that they created are broken bruv, gon be hard to implement something better for tdms or shit, and rn u cant spawn a mil bot to fill ya room, i get that u want bots sure, lets say u r doing an 8v8 tdm but half of em are bots, and u mentioned set an elo for each bot, hows that fair, for ur own team, or for the enemy team? i'd like an absolute godlike explaination

- - - Updated - - -

but no essay pls gimme 1 line and ill agree with

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by degijas1 View Post
    Suggestion type:
    Ai generated bots

Suggestion description:
    Ive read somewhere that frooples is working on bots so that they can eventually fight back
    Thats great for the gunz community both old and new. Tired of getting stomped in duel or tdm? Hopefully eventually we can implement a co op room option where you can choose to add bots at any desired elo. This is what i think of when i think of a training room. Maybe itll promote more online people to actually play rather than afk. This co op option can let the beginners and noobs train without getting shit on 24/7 and then quit all you have to do is set the elo of each bot. Short 3 players in your tdm? No problem youll be able to add bots so that the tdm is always full, cause some people want to play other tdms rather than garden. This tdm option can fill the room with bots and as people join it replaces the bot with a real player, if the player leaves the bot comes back, the room can always be full if you wanted it to. (Just and idea) . This will be a good option for all, without actually changing the game.
    Planning to eventually let anyone write and share their own AI script in either in Python or most likely LUA for the training bots. Afterwards it would be possible to implement them into TDM, but we will discuss that when the time comes.

That would be far far in the future though. Currently crazy busy IRL.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by jeezboi View Post
    and you believe me? damn, we talkin bout game sure, the bots themselves that they created are broken bruv, gon be hard to implement something better for tdms or shit, and rn u cant spawn a mil bot to fill ya room, i get that u want bots sure, lets say u r doing an 8v8 tdm but half of em are bots, and u mentioned set an elo for each bot, hows that fair, for ur own team, or for the enemy team? i'd like an absolute godlike explaination

- - - Updated - - -

but no essay pls gimme 1 line and ill agree with
    It was sarcasm... and my idea is mainly tailored to your own private rooms but lets say we were to take it public.

Player a is 2500 elo. Set room to 3kelo only players under 3k can join. Set bots to 2500 elo. Balanced room, no worry about people leaving the bots will replace anyone who leaves.

Player b 5k elo. Set room to 4k and up only players who can join are 4k +. Set bots to 4k 8v8 tdm. Now this room is 4 to 5k elo players only.

Noobs will always have someone to vs, pros can always have a challenging room they can play in also.

New players, set room to 1500 elo and below. Not enough 1500 elo players? No worry bots can handle it. These new players can always have something to practice on. Predators will most likely not join these rooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Frooples View Post
    Planning to eventually let anyone write and share their own AI script in either in Python or most likely LUA for the training bots. Afterwards it would be possible to implement them into TDM, but we will discuss that when the time comes.

That would be far far in the future though. Currently crazy busy IRL.
    THANK YOU. from a real dev lol....

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    no thx i already have enough bots on my team as is

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

11. The following 3 users say thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Amamin (07-01-2023), Bunny (06-29-2023), FUNNYSK (06-30-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    no thx i already have enough bots on my team as is
    Whether people think its hard to implement or not let the devs decide that lol. Event team staff acting like devs, all you guys gotta say is if its a good idea or not real simple. If none of you think itll benefit anyone then just say so and move onto the next idea 😂😂. Frooples clearly has something planned whether you like it or not. Maybe itll come out in 2040 when were all pushin 50s tho but it is what it is.

Thread Information