Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    This was mostly my meaning with Arena. Hanging inside the map lol
    My man, you are hanging around the height ceiling i put on the map, thats "not" the intended playable area, if thats your issue i can move the fade further up i guess.
    Dont think this really counts for trying to appreciate the map when hanging somewhere below a ceiling though lol.

Darker:

I mean what good is that little lamp over in the corner?
    That is in fact too dark, i dont remember it being this dark, i should adjust that.
    Also the ingame brightness slider is seemingly broken?, it does literally nothing when i change it lol

There are a few other maps that I can check a bit later on, but to answer your original post for maps to not just change the lightmap of but to possibly do other things, I can think of some of the older maps like Castle, which is super blocky (but not in the castle bricks way, but the fact that its actually made out of boxes), and if you want the most amount of people to appreciate your work rather than working on maps people aren't currently playing whatsoever, you can definitely go with maps like town and battle arena.
    I feel actually messing with the original maiet maps would be too much and probably disliked by many people.
    Cant desecrate these ancient holy artifacts or something like that.

Using attack-defense as an example here is what a lightmap touch-up could look like (this is very quick and dirty) using the original light information.
    You can see the lighting being a little smoother as well as places without lights not being pitch black.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

Amamin (07-05-2023), Bunny (07-05-2023), Menotso (07-05-2023)

Thread Information