Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Actually one of the things that bother me most about maps is the fact that I cant enjoy how good some of them look with lightmap on simply because it can be a dark pit of nothingness on skme of them with it on, forcing me to take it off if I want to compete with other players. 3 examples that immediately pop to my mind are Attack and defense, Darker, and Arena.
    Darker kinda thematically "needs" to be well .. dark but i could increase the strength of the fake global illumination to soften the black areas.
    Arena i dont quite get since i made it honestly relatively bright? just like with darker i could bump the global illumination anyways i suppose.
    Attack-Defense is one example of gzmap/fsrad (fsrad being the program generating the lightmap) black areas jank that could be fixed.

A thing to keep in mind is that monitor brightness, contrast and gamma (as well as color accuracy) can affect how dark something appears so while it may seem too dark to one person it might not appear too dark to others due to monitor and settings difference.
    Last edited by HellSniper; 07-04-2023 at 08:20 PM.

2. The following user said thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

Bunny (07-04-2023)

Thread Information