Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    Please bring back the speedboost you get in X Minecraft (before the remake) after hopping out of the water and onto the middle bridge with glass floor.
    Oh we forgot to adjust the (map) remake after mcsic improved the code for the speed and jump pads and they work slightly differently now than they did before so the effects are currently not active, will be fixed - our bad.

Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    i don’t know if this is OT but is there anyway to bring back some old custom maps ? cant remember exactly if they were yours but there were a few older fantasy-like maps that id like to see reintroduced with an update to their lighting if possible. one one inspired by LOTR i think with a big dungeon and bridge(?) but i cant remember it was so long ago; may have started with letter M..
    That is sorta OT since im mostly talking about maps that are currently used in the client, if you want other older maps you "will" have to make case for it to mcsic/dave to bring back older stuff.
    While i kinda could just do it anyways and "force" them onto them there is still a small chance they wouldnt consider it.
    Anyhow, there is a decent repository of all kinds of custom maps (though not every map in existence) over on the gunz github by whywolfie if you want to look through older maps (a cursory glance over the depository there doesnt seem to be a map like that but i sort of remember which map you are talking about).

You can use worldedit to open and preview the maps (open the .rs file with worldedit or drag&drop it into worldedit, might need to reset the camera (camera button) and turn the camera to see the maps.
    (camera controls: hold leftclick drag = pan, hold alt+leftclick drag = rotate, mousewheel = zoom | in some cases the lightmaps are too dark and you cant see the map or when worldedit crashes on opening a map deleting the .lm file of the map before opening the map with worldedit will make it easier to see and load the map properly)
    Last edited by HellSniper; 07-07-2023 at 10:24 PM.

2. The following user said thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

Amamin (07-08-2023)

Thread Information