Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Excuse the bump/double post (though at least a day passed since), the consensus seems to be in favor of some graphical and/or mechanical (buggy/bad collision and/or upcoming features) touch-ups of older custom maps.
    The question remains which custom maps the community would like to have touched-up however, arena and darker were pointed out and i can (and will) easily adjust them since they are a map and remake made by me already.
    Maps made by other people are (obviously) not out of the question they just take more time and effort on my end to adjust/port them.

Attack-defense was also mentioned and since i did a quick and dirty lightmap improvement preview as an example i had some of the work already done for/on it so im currently working on properly porting that map.
    (plukes credit as the creator will remain since thats important to me and also was to pluke back in the day to not steal (claim) his work)

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Please bring back the speedboost you get in X Minecraft (before the remake) after hopping out of the water and onto the middle bridge with glass floor.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    i don’t know if this is OT but is there anyway to bring back some old custom maps ? cant remember exactly if they were yours but there were a few older fantasy-like maps that id like to see reintroduced with an update to their lighting if possible. one one inspired by LOTR i think with a big dungeon and bridge(?) but i cant remember it was so long ago; may have started with letter M..

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    Please bring back the speedboost you get in X Minecraft (before the remake) after hopping out of the water and onto the middle bridge with glass floor.
    Oh we forgot to adjust the (map) remake after mcsic improved the code for the speed and jump pads and they work slightly differently now than they did before so the effects are currently not active, will be fixed - our bad.

Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    i don’t know if this is OT but is there anyway to bring back some old custom maps ? cant remember exactly if they were yours but there were a few older fantasy-like maps that id like to see reintroduced with an update to their lighting if possible. one one inspired by LOTR i think with a big dungeon and bridge(?) but i cant remember it was so long ago; may have started with letter M..
    That is sorta OT since im mostly talking about maps that are currently used in the client, if you want other older maps you "will" have to make case for it to mcsic/dave to bring back older stuff.
    While i kinda could just do it anyways and "force" them onto them there is still a small chance they wouldnt consider it.
    Anyhow, there is a decent repository of all kinds of custom maps (though not every map in existence) over on the gunz github by whywolfie if you want to look through older maps (a cursory glance over the depository there doesnt seem to be a map like that but i sort of remember which map you are talking about).

You can use worldedit to open and preview the maps (open the .rs file with worldedit or drag&drop it into worldedit, might need to reset the camera (camera button) and turn the camera to see the maps.
    (camera controls: hold leftclick drag = pan, hold alt+leftclick drag = rotate, mousewheel = zoom | in some cases the lightmaps are too dark and you cant see the map or when worldedit crashes on opening a map deleting the .lm file of the map before opening the map with worldedit will make it easier to see and load the map properly)
    Last edited by HellSniper; 07-07-2023 at 10:24 PM.

5. The following user said thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

Amamin (07-08-2023)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Excuse the bump/double post (though at least a day passed since), the consensus seems to be in favor of some graphical and/or mechanical (buggy/bad collision and/or upcoming features) touch-ups of older custom maps.
    The question remains which custom maps the community would like to have touched-up however, arena and darker were pointed out and i can (and will) easily adjust them since they are a map and remake made by me already.
    Maps made by other people are (obviously) not out of the question they just take more time and effort on my end to adjust/port them.

Attack-defense was also mentioned and since i did a quick and dirty lightmap improvement preview as an example i had some of the work already done for/on it so im currently working on properly porting that map.
    (plukes credit as the creator will remain since thats important to me and also was to pluke back in the day to not steal (claim) his work)
    Also wanted to add on since Lightmap was brought up (also suggested here forgot to link), one map that could really use a touch up is SnowChild especially when you are in the Catacomb, if you have LightMap enabled you cannot see anything and this is much the case if you are playing in Infected mode, to even see in the Catacombs of SnowChild you have to turn off LightMap.

Though, Nagrand_Underground could use a touchup since it is kind of dark in the passageways that you may need to turn off LightMap in normal mode to see where you are going. (I use default video settings)
    Last edited by justRelax; 07-09-2023 at 09:44 AM.

Spoiler!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    Also wanted to add on since Lightmap was brought up (also suggested here forgot to link), one map that could really use a touch up is SnowChild especially when you are in the Catacomb, if you have LightMap enabled you cannot see anything and this is much the case if you are playing in Infected mode, to even see in the Catacombs of SnowChild you have to turn off LightMap.

Though, Nagrand_Underground could use a touchup since it is kind of dark in the passageways that you may need to turn off LightMap in normal mode to see where you are going. (I use default video settings)
    You would be surprised about snow child lol..
    Did start working on a remake 5 years ago before i kinda got creatively burned out on making gunz stuff, its not finished but the remake gotten pretty close to finished.

Anyhow, ive been working on things and finished the port of attack-defense (its 1:1, no beautification besides texture mapping adjustments and (very) minor spacing changes) and im currently going to be working on darker, its one of my oldest maps/remakes so im bothered/annoyed by how i went about things so it takes a little more than just adjusting the lights.
    After that ill adjust arena a little (though i really think its fine for the most part) and after that ill pick snow child back up again i think and then see where im going from there.

8. The following user said thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

Amamin (07-10-2023)

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Extend Canal Town to the clock tower - this would be fantastic

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Country
    Thanks
    Been a while, i havent forgotten about this project though, my progress was slower than i wanted for personal reasons but it is what it is.

Darker had a minor redesign and is no longer .. well dark and attack-defense and arena are brighter as well.
    Here are some comparison pictures as well as a few pictures of the snow child remake.
    (because of some weird reason i cant upload the pictures to my usual image host so googledrive it is ..)
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HyMU6APsOT6drb

Also gave island temple a specific small update/bug fix which ate a little bit of my time.

I plan on giving this batch (arena, attack-defense, darker, island temple, snow child) to MC once i finish snow child for the next update, after that ill probably look at nagrand-underground, do a proper port for the office (and/or my the building).

11. The following 3 users say thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

Amamin (07-25-2023), Bunny (07-25-2023), justRelax (07-25-2023)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information