Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by degijas1 View Post
    You dont really have to say how a glad and a gun game work. You gained all that elo and kd from glad and it should be so, glads make up like 8% of the active players so youre literally farming the same people over and over. Is that probable for you to be number one when you only vs a small percentage of players on gunz that play your mode? And no this topic has been brought up more than once by many different people, surprised no ones taken action yet. You talk about glad being more "detrimental" comparing to bnb but you dont even play bnb lol.. youre saying bnb is a bit more lucky which is why no one can match your k/d which i find hilarious.
    I don't need lecturing on what I can and can't talk about. I know how the game works and have played and was at one point or another at the top of each of the game-styles.

Originally Posted by degijas1 View Post
    Yeah skills vs the same 12 people lol. You dont get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 tourney. You get known as the best 1v1 player. You dont get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 glad tourney, you get known for being the best glad player. Lol getting 10k elo and being rank 1 holds weight, but unfortunately for bunny it holds no weight
    Your logic is flawed. You don't get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 tourney? correct. You don't get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 glad tourney? correct.

This implicates nothing on the elo system, which is based on kills and deaths, and influenced by winnings in team modes, clan wars, and duels. This is a metric which is supposed to classify who the best players on Gunz are, as a culmination of a lot of factors pertaining to how one might measure skill level.

That, in fact, is why elo is gained in both gun modes and gladiator modes; both are considered skillful and deserving of elo gain. That is why it makes no sense to separate a category that takes into consideration all levels of commonly agreed upon skill-requiring modes. If you want, maybe your suggestion should say that additional rankings for gladiator and non-gladiator modes should be added into the game.

But elo, by definition, is a representation of the top ranking in everything that is included in its increase and decrease - both glad and non glad. Just like experience ranking doesn't care if you gained it questing or killing someone in team deathmatch.
    Last edited by Bunny; 07-12-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Thread Information