Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by degijas1 View Post
    You dont really have to say how a glad and a gun game work. You gained all that elo and kd from glad and it should be so, glads make up like 8% of the active players so youre literally farming the same people over and over. Is that probable for you to be number one when you only vs a small percentage of players on gunz that play your mode? And no this topic has been brought up more than once by many different people, surprised no ones taken action yet. You talk about glad being more "detrimental" comparing to bnb but you dont even play bnb lol.. youre saying bnb is a bit more lucky which is why no one can match your k/d which i find hilarious.
    I don't need lecturing on what I can and can't talk about. I know how the game works and have played and was at one point or another at the top of each of the game-styles.

Yeah skills vs the same 12 people lol. You dont get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 tourney. You get known as the best 1v1 player. You dont get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 glad tourney, you get known for being the best glad player. Lol getting 10k elo and being rank 1 holds weight, but unfortunately for bunny it holds no weight
    Your logic is flawed. You don't get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 tourney? correct. You don't get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 glad tourney? correct.

This implicates nothing on the elo system, which is based on kills and deaths, and influenced by winnings in team modes, clan wars, and duels. This is a metric which is supposed to classify who the best players on Gunz are, as a culmination of a lot of factors pertaining to how one might measure skill level.

That, in fact, is why elo is gained in both gun modes and gladiator modes; both are considered skillful and deserving of elo gain. That is why it makes no sense to separate a category that takes into consideration all levels of commonly agreed upon skill-requiring modes. If you want, maybe your suggestion should say that additional rankings for gladiator and non-gladiator modes should be added into the game.

But elo, by definition, is a representation of the top ranking in everything that is included in its increase and decrease - both glad and non glad. Just like experience ranking doesn't care if you gained it questing or killing someone in team deathmatch.
    Last edited by Bunny; 07-12-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

I don't need lecturing on what I can and can't talk about. I know how the game works and have played and was at one point or another at the top of each of the game-styles.

Your logic is flawed. You don't get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 tourney? correct. You don't get known as the best player on gunz for winning a 1v1 glad tourney? correct.

This implicates nothing on the elo system, which is based on kills and deaths, and influenced by winnings in team modes, clan wars, and duels. This is a metric which is supposed to classify who the best players on Gunz are, as a culmination of a lot of factors pertaining to how one might measure skill level.

That, in fact, is why elo is gained in both gun modes and gladiator modes; both are considered skillful and deserving of elo gain. That is why it makes no sense to separate a category that takes into consideration all levels of commonly agreed upon skill-requiring modes. If you want, maybe your suggestion should say that additional rankings for gladiator and non-gladiator modes should be added into the game.

But elo, by definition, is a representation of the top ranking in everything that is included in its increase and decrease - both glad and non glad. Just like experience ranking doesn't care if you gained it questing or killing someone in team deathmatch.
    Yes what youre explaining is how to gain elo or farm elo to become first. But what does the title rank 1 mean? Lets ask chatgpt:

"In the context of a game, "rank 1" typically refers to the highest achievable rank or position in a particular ranking or leaderboard system. It signifies that the player holding rank 1 has achieved the highest score, rating, or level of performance among all the players in that game. Rank 1 is often seen as an indication of exceptional skill, expertise, or dedication within the game's community. It can be a prestigious accomplishment and is often a coveted goal for competitive players."

"Achieved the highest score, rating or level of performance among ALL players in that game" half of its true, being you have the highest score. All players in this game nawww youre not even top 50.

But you shouldnt say what i should be suggesting... no no no. My logic isnt flawed youre just too stuck on what elo system is and how it moves you have no clue what the meaning of rank 1 means. How are you top 1 among all the players in this server if you dont even play with 10% of this server on a competitive level?
    Last edited by degijas1; 07-12-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    "Achieved the highest score, rating or level of performance among ALL players in that game" half of its true, being you have the highest score. All players in this game nawww youre not even top 50.

But you shouldnt say what i should be suggesting... no no no. My logic isnt flawed youre just too stuck on what elo system is and how it moves you have no clue what the meaning of rank 1 means. How are you top 1 among all the players in this server if you dont even play with 10% of this server on a competitive level?
    Your logic is flawed because you think elo by nature means you're better than every single player in the game, whereas by common definition in every popular game with multiple gamemodes, like in league of legends' role mechanic, you cannot separate challenger players based on what role they play and claim that a challenger rank 1 support player can defeat any of the top 10 midlaners if he queues mid.

Country
    Thanks
    What is elo ?
    "Elo is a rating system originally developed by Arpad Elo, a Hungarian-American physics professor and chess player. The Elo rating system is widely used in competitive games and sports to measure the relative skill levels of players or teams."

According to this if i understand correctly a 4k elo player is > a 3k elo player. If you have higher elo its suggested that you're better. So you being rank 1 you > ommadawn correct?

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    What is elo ?
    "Elo is a rating system originally developed by Arpad Elo, a Hungarian-American physics professor and chess player. The Elo rating system is widely used in competitive games and sports to measure the relative skill levels of players or teams."

According to this if i understand correctly a 4k elo player is > a 3k elo player. If you have higher elo its suggested that you're better. So you being rank 1 you > ommadawn correct?
    Good job! You have reached the logical conclusion.

Country
    Thanks
    "Arpad Elo's system revolutionized the way player ratings were calculated in chess and had a significant impact on the competitive chess world. The Elo rating system provided a more accurate and dynamic way of measuring a player's skill level, taking into account the strength of opponents and the outcome of games.

Arpad Elo's contributions extended beyond chess, as his rating system became widely adopted in other competitive fields, such as sports and online gaming. His work laid the foundation for modern rating systems used to assess relative skill levels in various domains."

Yes were all playing chess, you're playing checkers. A 6k elo player in chess is better than a 5k elo player in chess.
    A 6k elo player in checkers is not better than a 6k elo player in CHESS. Its comparing apples and oranges.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    i think elo really only serve as a competitive filler for players until ladder mode releases, but feel like elo system holds zero weight to how good a player is so i could care less about whos placed where. unless elo were to be excluded from garden TDMs + AnD & the like it’s hard to be taken serious as a competitive system for gun players.

i do think difference between glad & gun elo should be made though, it hilarious when a player who primarily play guns (and not good) reaches 5k elo as they clearly farmed noobs in a glad only game mode but join a gun room and leave at the first sight of decent player.

elo changed the way people play in an annoying way, and that’s just one example.

and even if i think elo holds no weight as to how decent people are in the game, i would like to see a leaderboard that distinguishes glad players from gun players. the only good glad player i’m sure we’ve all seen in the “top 5/10” has been bunny; and the rest has been crowded by gun players leaving no room for gladiator players & i think we can come to mutual agreement that guns and glad are basically two different games

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

8. The following 2 users say thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Menotso (07-13-2023), Ommadawn (07-13-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    i thoroughly read through every post in this thread and came up with a solution that solves all the problems...

remove elo

10. The following user said thank you to Skilly for this useful post:

SunRui (07-12-2023)

Amy's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    That is, Satan made EXP when there was a bug, what should we do? So far they have done nothing, the same is with Bunny but he got it with his skills, the other took advantage of a bug. LOL
    What should we do? Make a new ladder season à là League of Legends / Diablo / whatever the **** you name it and reset all elos and make different ladders for both glad and guns. Problem solved.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    i think elo really only serve as a competitive filler for players until ladder mode releases, but feel like elo system holds zero weight to how good a player is so i could care less about whos placed where. unless elo were to be excluded from garden TDMs + AnD & the like it’s hard to be taken serious as a competitive system for gun players.

i do think difference between glad & gun elo should be made though, it hilarious when a player who primarily play guns (and not good) reaches 5k elo as they clearly farmed noobs in a glad only game mode but join a gun room and leave at the first sight of decent player.

elo changed the way people play in an annoying way, and that’s just one example.

and even if i think elo holds no weight as to how decent people are in the game, i would like to see a leaderboard that distinguishes glad players from gun players. the only good glad player i’m sure we’ve all seen in the “top 5/10” has been bunny; and the rest has been crowded by gun players leaving no room for gladiator players & i think we can come to mutual agreement that guns and glad are basically two different games
    Exactly tell bunny that, this guy keeps trying to tell me how elo is gained or lost and he doesnt think there should be a different elo ladder... like dude its playing chess and checkers.
    Last edited by degijas1; 07-12-2023 at 09:50 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information