Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sakuya's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ

Suggestion description: Dominating/Vengeance kill feed feature for the game. When a player has a x amount killstreak on you, a voice and or text (Dominating) is seen/heard in the kill feed, vise versa for the vengeance one, when the other player breaks the killstreak.

Thanks!

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    We already have streaking with voice and text shown for the following:
    5 = Killing Spree
    10 = Dominating
    15 = Rampage
    20 = Unstoppable
    25 = Killing Machine (iirc)
    30 = Godlike
    Last edited by justRelax; 07-19-2023 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Forgot 20, Fixed 15

Spoiler!

3. The following user said thank you to justRelax for this useful post:

FUNNYSK (07-19-2023)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    We already have streaking with voice and text shown for the following:
    5 = Killing Spree
    10 = Dominating
    15 = Unstoppable
    25 = Killing Machine (iirc)
    30 = Godlike
    not what he referring to he saying if he kill another player 3x it will say Xplayer dominating Yplayer
    when Yplayer kills Xplayer it will say Yplayer got vengeance on Xplayer

it’s from another game.

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

5. The following user said thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Sakuya (07-19-2023)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    not what he referring to he saying if he kill another player 3x it will say Xplayer dominating Yplayer
    when Yplayer kills Xplayer it will say Yplayer got vengeance on Xplayer

it’s from another game.
    No, I don’t think that is the case. Only other thing is for there to be voice that a streak has ended, since we already have text.

Spoiler!

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    No, I don’t think that is the case. Only other thing is for there to be voice that a streak has ended, since we already have text.
    Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    [B]Suggestion description: Dominating/Vengeance kill feed feature for the game. When a player has a x amount killstreak on YOU, a voice and or text (Dominating) is seen/heard in the kill feed, vise versa for the vengeance one, when the other player breaks the killstreak.
    i pretty sure that exactly is the case, i pretty sure someone who been here since 2014 knows there are already killstreaks lol........
    Last edited by SunRui; 07-19-2023 at 03:43 AM.

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

8. The following 2 users say thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Amamin (07-19-2023), Sakuya (07-19-2023)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    It should be vengeance only if that player had died to the streaking player before stopping them. This would prevent announcing vengeance on a newly joined player who stopped the streak.

10. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Sakuya (07-19-2023)

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    IIRC this is a feature from another server where a person killing the same person over and over will have a room-wide text announcement of something like "Bunny is dominating Amamin () with 5 kills."

If Bunny in this example is killed by another player it won't affect the kill streak he has on me, so it kind of incentivizes me to hunt Bunny to stop his streak on me, which imo adds a little bit more rivalry and fun. Putting this a step further and adding a voice notification would be cool imo, but "Dominating" is already assigned to someone indiscriminately killing 10 people (if Relax is correct) without dying so I think it should be something else.

12. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Sakuya (07-19-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    i pretty sure that exactly is the case, i pretty sure someone who been here since 2014 knows there are already killstreaks lol........
    Yes. I got the idea from Day of Defeat: Source.
    I think it would be fun when someone is targeting you over and over again and then you finally kill that bastard.

Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    IIRC this is a feature from another server where a person killing the same person over and over will have a room-wide text announcement of something like "Bunny is dominating Amamin () with 5 kills."

If Bunny in this example is killed by another player it won't affect the kill streak he has on me, so it kind of incentivizes me to hunt Bunny to stop his streak on me, which imo adds a little bit more rivalry and fun. Putting this a step further and adding a voice notification would be cool imo, but "Dominating" is already assigned to someone indiscriminately killing 10 people (if Relax is correct) without dying so I think it should be something else.
    Bingo.
    Last edited by Sakuya; 07-19-2023 at 07:28 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post

While this isnt directly what was suggested, it actually could deserve a suggestion thread of its own (if its too far removed from this suggestion); I think it would be really cool to know personal streaks against people, regardless of the mode, i.e it could work in duel too. However, for a room-wide announcement to happen every time someone streaks on someone specific or having stopped that specific streak? it might be too much. What can other players (third party) realistically do with the information that player 1 is streaking on player 2 or that player 2 stopped player 1's streak on them? Not much. Just like we don't REALLY care that clan A won clan B twenty three times in a row in clan wars, and now imagine that in every room. Which is why maybe a personal notification on the two relevant players in the top-center of their screen regarding the streak someone has on them or the stopping of said streak is better. It should be in a font that isn't too big or intrusive, though.
    Last edited by Bunny; 07-19-2023 at 07:48 PM.

15. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Sakuya (07-19-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    While this isnt directly what was suggested, it actually could deserve a suggestion thread of its own (if its too far removed from this suggestion); I think it would be really cool to know personal streaks against people, regardless of the mode, i.e it could work in duel too. However, for a room-wide announcement to happen every time someone streaks on someone specific or having stopped that specific streak? it might be too much. What can other players (third party) realistically do with the information that player 1 is streaking on player 2 or that player 2 stopped player 1's streak on them? Not much, which is why maybe a personal notification on the two relevant players in the top-center of their screen regarding the streak someone has on them or the stopping of said streak. It should be in a font that isn't too big or intrusive, though.
    It is precisely what i meant/suggested. He just wrote it more clearly lmao. Personal streaks against people is the way to go. When a person does a killstreak on you he could be called a "Rival"

edit:
    Player z does x killstreak on player y, player y gets personal notification(and a sound) in the kill feed that player z is your "rival" (maybe an icon next to player z name in the kill feed), it goes away when player y kills player z (then he gets a personal "vengeance" notification in kill feed, or a sound.)
    Last edited by Sakuya; 07-19-2023 at 08:00 PM.

17. The following user said thank you to Sakuya for this useful post:

Amamin (07-20-2023)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information