Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
While this isnt directly what was suggested, it actually could deserve a suggestion thread of its own (if its too far removed from this suggestion); I think it would be really cool to know personal streaks against people, regardless of the mode, i.e it could work in duel too. However, for a room-wide announcement to happen every time someone streaks on someone specific or having stopped that specific streak? it might be too much. What can other players (third party) realistically do with the information that player 1 is streaking on player 2 or that player 2 stopped player 1's streak on them? Not much. Just like we don't REALLY care that clan A won clan B twenty three times in a row in clan wars, and now imagine that in every room. Which is why maybe a personal notification on the two relevant players in the top-center of their screen regarding the streak someone has on them or the stopping of said streak is better. It should be in a font that isn't too big or intrusive, though.
Yeah it does get annoying in the other server that implemented this because I think there's a popup for just a 3 kill streak; makes you kind of just ignore the chatbox and miss when people actually say something.

I like the idea of making it a personal announcement only for the relevant players, but I think a room-wide announcement after a specific streak number is still worth a discussion. Maybe make it a room-wide announcement once the streak reaches 10 kills? Like, if there's a 5-kill streak then the relevant players get personal notifications so that the streaked player can try to end it before it reaches 10 kills. It would be much easier to headhunt in a TDM/DM room since the streaked player can just KS when the streaker is low, so a streaker reaching 10 kills would be more impressive than it would be in a 1v1. The announcement might not have anything to do with the other players in the room but the fact that everyone can see when someone's getting bodied is what would incentivize the streaked player to want to stop it.

The downside is that when the streak gets to 9 kills, the streaked player might prefer to just leave that room and play another room/game. Still, I think it's worth it to try. Maybe even make it 10 kills = personal notification, 15 kills = room-wide notification. Just so it would happen less often. The streaker can just ss and post on Ego if they don't get to reach a 15 streak on someone.