Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    Add a massive timer indicator above Sword Icon to indicate how much time left only on charged massive (if possible) so it not intrusive to glad players

its a QOL change and useful for new player. with elements equipped it hard to see when your massive expire so would appreciate clearer way to see the timer of your massive rather than counting

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

2. The following 2 users say thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Bunny (07-20-2023), Sakuya (07-20-2023)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    If done right it can work for the block acquired massives too; like a little marker that slides from light gray to darker gray. I dont think it would be too disruptive as long as its relatively small. If it appeard on screen at the bottom right 24/7, its "popping" into light gray would be even less intrusive.

Sakuya's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    Add a massive timer indicator above Sword Icon to indicate how much time left only on charged massive (if possible) so it not intrusive to glad players

its a QOL change and useful for new player. with elements equipped it hard to see when your massive expire so would appreciate clearer way to see the timer of your massive rather than counting
    I support this, very good idea.

Jona's Avatar I can be mean.

Country
    Thanks
    I totally get where you're coming from with the idea of a timer, but part of the beauty of gunz is how it subtly demands you to master the rhythm of its gameplay. It's a dance of timing, intuition, and situational awareness, right? The moment when a player, new or old, manages to 'feel' the exact instance their massive is about to run out or when to release it, well, that's pure magic imo. Introducing a visual cue might seem like a step toward player-friendliness on the surface, but it could unintentionally dampen that thrill of mastery, somewhat like giving a metronome to a seasoned musician. Sure, it might help a beginner, but for someone who's already got the beat in their bones, it could actually prove distracting.. and there's something to be said about immersion, isn't there? gunz has this fast-paced, intense duel vibe that, again, feels almost like a dance, so sticking in an overtly gamey timer could risk pulling us out of the action, jarring the experience a bit. Not to mention the aesthetics.. gunz has a fairly clean interface, so we've got to be super careful about what we add to it to avoid clutter.. would the benefits of this timer really offset the potential confusion it might cause? It's a tough call, but I'm not entirely convinced. Sure, we all want to make the game more accessible to newcomers, but let's just make sure we're not compromising that unique gunz rhythm in the process, you know?

6. The following user said thank you to Jona for this useful post:

Menotso (07-20-2023)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    I totally get where you're coming from with the idea of a timer, but part of the beauty of gunz is how it subtly demands you to master the rhythm of its gameplay. It's a dance of timing, intuition, and situational awareness, right? The moment when a player, new or old, manages to 'feel' the exact instance their massive is about to run out or when to release it, well, that's pure magic imo. Introducing a visual cue might seem like a step toward player-friendliness on the surface, but it could unintentionally dampen that thrill of mastery, somewhat like giving a metronome to a seasoned musician. Sure, it might help a beginner, but for someone who's already got the beat in their bones, it could actually prove distracting.. and there's something to be said about immersion, isn't there? gunz has this fast-paced, intense duel vibe that, again, feels almost like a dance, so sticking in an overtly gamey timer could risk pulling us out of the action, jarring the experience a bit. Not to mention the aesthetics.. gunz has a fairly clean interface, so we've got to be super careful about what we add to it to avoid clutter.. would the benefits of this timer really offset the potential confusion it might cause? It's a tough call, but I'm not entirely convinced. Sure, we all want to make the game more accessible to newcomers, but let's just make sure we're not compromising that unique gunz rhythm in the process, you know?
    elegant writing aside & assuming this not troll post, i would agree with you if fgunz didnt revolve around 32 player garden tdms, 16 player AnD’s, and duel rooms where no ones practically using massive there anyway.
    the “clutter” on the screen already exists when you join a TDM room with player hp/ap on the left side of the screen completely blocking vision on that end if the options enabled in larger room
    unsure how a QOL change for charged massives takes away from the rythm for gunz when you’re not able to do any moves with massive anyway unless you consider dashing around with a massive a “dance”, lol

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Jona's Avatar I can be mean.

Country
    Thanks
    I totally see where you're coming from, especially given how fgunz often revolves around large scale TDMs and AnDs. But let's not lose sight of the fact that gunz isn't all about those big battles.. it's a game with many faces, appealing to the solitary duelist as well as the team player. While the charged massive might not be the main event in those large battles or duel rooms, it's still a part of the game's tactical toolkit. It's not just about knowing which buttons to push, it's about feeling the rhythm of the game and internalizing that beat.. introduce a timer, and you risk muting that rhythm, that gunz vibe. About the clutter, yeah, there's a lot happening on the screen in those big rooms, but isn't that all the more reason to be wary of adding even more? Each addition chips away at that sleek, minimalist aesthetic. Too much clutter and the game starts feeling less like a high-octane duel and more like a glorified spreadsheet.. and about the dance, it might sound a bit silly to talk about dashing around with a massive as a dance, but isn't that exactly what a seasoned gunz player does? They take the game's mechanics and weave them into this kind of ballet of feints, dodges, and perfectly timed attacks. The intuition, the understanding of timing, that's all part of the dance, and a massive timer could undermine that. So yeah, a QOL change for charged massives might make things easier for newbies, but again, gunz isn't just about being easy, it's about depth, reward, and rhythm. That's the rhythm we might be risking with changes like this one. But hey, that's the beauty of these discussions, right? We're all here because we love the game and want to see it thrive. Let's keep improving it, but in a way that amplifies its unique rhythm, not water it down.

9. The following user said thank you to Jona for this useful post:

Menotso (07-20-2023)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks

11. The following 2 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Amamin (07-23-2023), SunRui (07-20-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Not a fan of this sorry. Agreed if that bar is like in the corner way out of the way and it's like 1 pixel big then fair enough

or at least have this as a turn on/off functionality. Playing this game for many years it has never been required and I don't think it adds benefit now. So for new players they can turn it on and for the old players they can always have it off
    Last edited by JFatality; 07-20-2023 at 10:42 PM.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    looks good! but its not what im talking about, i mean when i have a massive already charged and would like to know how much time i have left to use it i would like to see an icon in the corner around the weapon display

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post

very unintrusive but still clear

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information