Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jona's Avatar I can be mean.

Country
    Thanks
    I totally get where you're coming from with the idea of a timer, but part of the beauty of gunz is how it subtly demands you to master the rhythm of its gameplay. It's a dance of timing, intuition, and situational awareness, right? The moment when a player, new or old, manages to 'feel' the exact instance their massive is about to run out or when to release it, well, that's pure magic imo. Introducing a visual cue might seem like a step toward player-friendliness on the surface, but it could unintentionally dampen that thrill of mastery, somewhat like giving a metronome to a seasoned musician. Sure, it might help a beginner, but for someone who's already got the beat in their bones, it could actually prove distracting.. and there's something to be said about immersion, isn't there? gunz has this fast-paced, intense duel vibe that, again, feels almost like a dance, so sticking in an overtly gamey timer could risk pulling us out of the action, jarring the experience a bit. Not to mention the aesthetics.. gunz has a fairly clean interface, so we've got to be super careful about what we add to it to avoid clutter.. would the benefits of this timer really offset the potential confusion it might cause? It's a tough call, but I'm not entirely convinced. Sure, we all want to make the game more accessible to newcomers, but let's just make sure we're not compromising that unique gunz rhythm in the process, you know?

2. The following user said thank you to Jona for this useful post:

Menotso (07-20-2023)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    I totally get where you're coming from with the idea of a timer, but part of the beauty of gunz is how it subtly demands you to master the rhythm of its gameplay. It's a dance of timing, intuition, and situational awareness, right? The moment when a player, new or old, manages to 'feel' the exact instance their massive is about to run out or when to release it, well, that's pure magic imo. Introducing a visual cue might seem like a step toward player-friendliness on the surface, but it could unintentionally dampen that thrill of mastery, somewhat like giving a metronome to a seasoned musician. Sure, it might help a beginner, but for someone who's already got the beat in their bones, it could actually prove distracting.. and there's something to be said about immersion, isn't there? gunz has this fast-paced, intense duel vibe that, again, feels almost like a dance, so sticking in an overtly gamey timer could risk pulling us out of the action, jarring the experience a bit. Not to mention the aesthetics.. gunz has a fairly clean interface, so we've got to be super careful about what we add to it to avoid clutter.. would the benefits of this timer really offset the potential confusion it might cause? It's a tough call, but I'm not entirely convinced. Sure, we all want to make the game more accessible to newcomers, but let's just make sure we're not compromising that unique gunz rhythm in the process, you know?
    elegant writing aside & assuming this not troll post, i would agree with you if fgunz didnt revolve around 32 player garden tdms, 16 player AnD’s, and duel rooms where no ones practically using massive there anyway.
    the “clutter” on the screen already exists when you join a TDM room with player hp/ap on the left side of the screen completely blocking vision on that end if the options enabled in larger room
    unsure how a QOL change for charged massives takes away from the rythm for gunz when you’re not able to do any moves with massive anyway unless you consider dashing around with a massive a “dance”, lol

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Menotso's Avatar Life Time Member

Thanks
    I agree on you. but i'd support this suggestion if it could be disabled on options.

Thread Information