Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Menotso's Avatar Life Time Member

Thanks
    I agree on you. but i'd support this suggestion if it could be disabled on options.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/paZnVNJ.jpg

very unintrusive but still clear
    This was basically the conclusion from a discussion we had about this suggestion; maybe even instead of that type of bar it would be the sword blade itself in the katana icon having a shade that moves from the base to the tip depending on the time left.

The suggestion can also be expanded into other weapons;

Consider that there is currently a text in the middle of the screen saying "RELOAD" when youre reloading. This is not intrusive because we simply don't need to aim while the reload text is there. What if the reload text was accompanied by a slider that shows the time left to reload? reaching empty/full (depending on your definition) when you finish reloading, and then disappearing.

For items; it would show the cooldown between each usage of the same item. Grenades would have a slower moving bar while soda meds will have very fast repetitive bar. The sword massive charge can also have a slider identical to that of the remaining time before the massive disappears, slowly filling when you charge it and slowly emptying when youre done charging.

For the GUI, theres probably 3 solutions I can think of; under your crosshair (most intrusive), or under your EXP bar or as part of the bottom right icon. I think it could look really nice if the relevant weapon icon itself was "charging up" or "depleting" (changing color sliding along the icon) depending on the action thats happening. If we think of it, there's nothing, except the animations themselves, to indicate delays of common actions in this game. Every weapon comes with a delay, and we don't really think of it as anything but a number or a "feel".

Jona's Avatar I can be mean.

Country
    Thanks
    I won't deny that there's a certain aesthetic appeal to your ideas.. having the katana icon or other weapon icons 'charge up' or 'deplete' in color could indeed add a visually pleasing element to the GUI. Yet, isn't gunz all about the intrinsic 'feel' for timings, rather than explicit indicators? And sure, the 'RELOAD' text isn't intrusive because we're not really "aiming" during that time. But doesn't it also play into that very 'feel' I'm talking about? We learn to intuit the reload timing, enhancing our situational awareness. A moving bar might reduce this to mere 'waiting'. Same goes for item cooldowns, the varying speed of bars might simply become a distraction.. while the concept of a progress bar is intriguing, wouldn't it essentially transmute our raw, visceral experience into a game of watching bars fill and deplete? Be it under the crosshair, the EXP bar, or the bottom right icon, these additional indicators could potentially divert our focus from the game's fast-paced action.. gunz has always been about more than just numbers or explicit delays. It's about the rhythm, the flow, the 'feel'. Introducing overt indicators might risk turning this immersive dance into a mechanical sequence, diluting the essence of what makes gunz, well, gunz. It's the difference between dancing to a beat you feel in your bones, versus mechanically following a ticking metronome. And I believe most of us would agree, we'd rather feel the beat.

4. The following user said thank you to Jona for this useful post:

SunRui (07-21-2023)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    This good enough?

Placed at the corner so it's not intrusive.

https://streamable.com/hyr72l

6. The following 3 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amamin (07-23-2023), SunRui (07-22-2023), waLu (07-22-2023)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    This good enough?

works for me idc about the aesthetic

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    This good enough?

Moved to To be added soon.

Spoiler!

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I know the convo is done but what about the massive animation just fade out gradually until it disappears? It's intuitive enough for people to get that it's about to run out but doesn't spoonfeed the info as much as an exact timer does, so there's still an element of mastering the timing.

10. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Jona (07-23-2023)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    I know the convo is done but what about the massive animation just fade out gradually until it disappears?
    Good idea - but that would cause it to be nearly invisible near the end of its lifetime but still grant you a full massive, so it could be rather confusing for yourself and your enemies when you barely see the massive charge anymore but it's there. (I tested it)

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Good idea - but that would cause it to be nearly invisible near the end of its lifetime but still grant you a full massive, so it could be rather confusing for yourself and your enemies when you barely see the massive charge anymore but it's there.
    What about a ping that it's gone? Maybe the same ding you hear after a massive has been charged or a power down sound effect like this maybe.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    What about a ping that it's gone? Maybe the same ding you hear after a massive has been charged or a power down sound effect like this maybe.
    Oh I can already hear people complaining about it (new sound + intrusive)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information