Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    MAIET does not exist anymore, Masangsoft Inc owns it and it's practically impossible to reach out to them.
    Ah ok, yeah i took a 13 year break and came back to antilead in late 2020 so a lot had changed lol. How about the emails? Is it possible for us to reach our existing members atleast?

There are certain ways we can still target SEO when people search in google. If done right we can have our fgunz page in the first page.

Some of the things people search for:
    "Which gun game is the best"
    "What is the most popular gun game"
    "Which is the best gun game in the world"
    And a few more..

As long as we have certain key words we can trigger the algo lol
    Yes its a steep learning curve but what we should aim for is to put gunz out there atleast..
    Last edited by degijas1; 08-10-2023 at 03:46 PM.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    FYI, the Bracket (https://challonge.com/SG2023) is open to predictions until we get the results for 1 match.
    Feel free to make them via Challonge.

Spoiler!

3. The following user said thank you to justRelax for this useful post:

Amamin (08-10-2023)

-AznNinja's Avatar Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Officially it's not allowed due to intellectual property & DMCA. You can find that in the Twitch terms of service as well. Of course the chances are slim they will outright ban the streams, plus a report would have to be filed (which are easy to fake).

What exactly CAN we do to advertise?
    And is it worth the risk to advertise?

It looks like streaming is out because of risk to the streamer, but is it a risk for the server itself?

Basically is there anything we shouldn't do that would just outright cause the server to have to be shut down.

Something that's within my power is creating youtube videos on the game & server. Would doing this risk the server's operations?

Also I've never been on any other type of gunz forums or discords so I'm pretty out of the loop on the history, but it seems at the moment theres simply just drama between different private server owners n such. So an obvious threat would be other pservers, but how possible is it that masangsoft themselfs would come for us?

**also how are private servers even allowed to operate? lol. shouldnt they have legal action to take us down for just existing?
    Last edited by -AznNinja; 08-12-2023 at 05:16 AM.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by -AznNinja View Post
    **also how are private servers even allowed to operate? lol. shouldnt they have legal action to take us down for just existing?
    Private servers of any game are technically not allowed to operate. Although Masangsoft did express at one point that they're not really trying to take down private servers, iirc it was just an e-mail or discord message from an alleged contact person in Masangsoft like 3 years ago or something. Still, the likelihood of them taking any action against anything we do is honestly very slim (unless a miracle happens and we suddenly have a profitable playerbase) since I haven't heard them do anything even remotely related to GunZ in years.

I doubt any FG content will cause the server to shut down, so if you want to make more of that then there shouldn't be any problem.

Honestly the biggest problem we might have is not Masangsoft doing anything, it's other really really bad actors within the community itself, but that might be getting too off-topic.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by -AznNinja View Post
    What exactly CAN we do to advertise?
    And is it worth the risk to advertise?

It looks like streaming is out because of risk to the streamer, but is it a risk for the server itself?

Basically is there anything we shouldn't do that would just outright cause the server to have to be shut down.

Something that's within my power is creating youtube videos on the game & server. Would doing this risk the server's operations?

Also I've never been on any other type of gunz forums or discords so I'm pretty out of the loop on the history, but it seems at the moment theres simply just drama between different private server owners n such. So an obvious threat would be other pservers, but how possible is it that masangsoft themselfs would come for us?

Random example of us advertising is that years ago we used to have a Facebook page with tens of thousands of likes and followers. We used to advertise through that for some time until it got taken down due to a fake copyright infringement/DMCA complaint.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

7. The following 2 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Amamin (08-12-2023), TomasEdison (08-12-2023)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    FYI, the Bracket (https://challonge.com/SG2023) is open to predictions until we get the results for 1 match.
    Feel free to make them via Challonge.
    Predictions Closed (only 2 predictions wow okay...), anyhow we already have 1 match result do check the bracket since all the evidence for that match is uploaded there (cough Sunrui).

Spoiler!

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    Predictions Closed (only 2 predictions wow okay...), anyhow we already have 1 match result do check the bracket since all the evidence for that match is uploaded there (cough Sunrui).
    no predictions because 0 incentive to do it smart guy

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information