Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    I say that the numbers are inflated because even if we do at this event get everything right and we get a momentary bump in viewership and player engagement, the biggest hurdle is to keep those numbers. The biggest example of this, when everything went as well as it could have gotten, was when Kadai dropped this video. May 2021, EVERY gunz server got this wave of new players, lots of old players came out of their caves, a bunch of creators put out game content, streamers started streaming it. Fast forward to now, we're back to the state of GunZ before that video. Maybe we got 5 players from that era to stay.

I'm not really sold on making this a way to get more players, I think of it as just a way to get the current community something to do or look forward to. Making excitement around it for those of us right here, right now.

I forgot to mention this on my last post but credit where it is due, shoutout to the FGunZ team for shelling out that 100 USD prize money. Monetary compensation for doing well on top of the special items is always dope.
    Okay so i watched the video and kadai is basically teaching people how to play and what you can do on gunz. You can say its like a instruction video/ or a history of gunz which is what we need also. But with these tourneys its a different type of marketing, were targeting new and old players yes, but the aim is different. As in we're taking a different approach advertising the tourney for example. After the 2v2 tourney you typically want to immediately announce the next tourney date 3v3 and 4v4 for example. This lets people who watched the 2v2 tourney know that theres another one coming up, maybe 2 3 months from now. They might stick around for that if they enjoyed the first tournament. within those 2 3 months is where you want to push your marketing and build the hype between contestants. Kadais video is great but no one did anything to keep the momentum going hence the new players left like they always do. There was nothing to look forward to and nothing to keep them motivated enough to keep playing, they tried gunz got stomped and left. If they watched a tourney they could be like

"hmm i really like the way this pro player is playing! I want to play like this player !!" or
    "my favorite player is playing in the next tourney im excited to watch!"

boom now there's a motive. Also if we were to stream these tournaments i think GMs should gift everyone all the new shotguns / swords expiring in 1 day. So that players can mix and match and advertise those items on stream, people that are watching the stream can see what they look like in game.
    Last edited by degijas1; 08-08-2023 at 07:50 PM.

Thread Information