Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Imo in the future should consider a marketing team or just 1 person that just purely loves the game thats good at marketing . Email marketing is very slept on by businesses, 26k accounts made on forum. Using something like mailchimp sending out emails about an fgunz tourney.. they usually ignore the first email but by the 3rd email you can 100% get some traction. We literally have the longest and largest player base on forums. Utilize it..

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I think the numbers being thrown around here are blown way out of proportion, but there definitely needs some more "official" engagement for the tournament. In addition to earlier suggestions like official accounts on twitch/Youtube/tiktok etc and mass e-mails, maybe some type of trailer for it and small "FGunZ 2v2 Summer Tournament sign-ups are open!" banners on fgunz.net/the forums/discord/the launcher/in-game could also be done. Smaller servers have done more with less. Even just a thread to have a conversation about it would be great, imo restricting the announcement post just be for sign-ups is a waste. Why not let anyone post anything on-topic there? Just to have a hub for people to recruit a teammate if they don't have a partner or for spectators to express their hype for the event or for participants to talk trash. It can't possibly be that hard to sift through forum posts to find sign-ups, and if it does, it's better to use Google Forms for that type of thing anyway.

I don't mean to tell the staff how they should run their event but I think a tiny bit more effort can be put into it beyond just periodical server-wide announcements. I remember last year's 1v1 tournament, the most I got out of it was Tom streaming the final Aurelia vs Bart. He doesn't usually stream so he still wasn't used to it and the quality didn't come out great which was a shame because it was a great match.

Bet SunRui could make a dank 1-minute trailer using select replays from previous tourneys

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    I think the numbers being thrown around here are blown way out of proportion, but there definitely needs some more "official" engagement for the tournament. In addition to earlier suggestions like official accounts on twitch/Youtube/tiktok etc and mass e-mails, maybe some type of trailer for it and small "FGunZ 2v2 Summer Tournament sign-ups are open!" banners on fgunz.net/the forums/discord/the launcher/in-game could also be done. Smaller servers have done more with less. Even just a thread to have a conversation about it would be great, imo restricting the announcement post just be for sign-ups is a waste. Why not let anyone post anything on-topic there? Just to have a hub for people to recruit a teammate if they don't have a partner or for spectators to express their hype for the event or for participants to talk trash. It can't possibly be that hard to sift through forum posts to find sign-ups, and if it does, it's better to use Google Forms for that type of thing anyway.

I don't mean to tell the staff how they should run their event but I think a tiny bit more effort can be put into it beyond just periodical server-wide announcements. I remember last year's 1v1 tournament, the most I got out of it was Tom streaming the final Aurelia vs Bart. He doesn't usually stream so he still wasn't used to it and the quality didn't come out great which was a shame because it was a great match.

Bet SunRui could make a dank 1-minute trailer using select replays from previous tourneys
    Great ideas! I think banners are great! You can have a banner in lobby in game and in forum under the "forum whats new and discord" could be like "gunz tourney august 31st! Twitch.tv/fgunz!! // new shotguns (insert names) in store!! // 50% off coins from aug 11th - 31st. " The numbers i stated are still very possible, fgunz has the longest standing community. Viewer count on twitch is what id be betting on. You can probably convert some of those viewers after 2 3 tourneys. 400- 600 viewers on twitch is not far fetched. If active players are watching which is around 180 200~ and the 26k even if you can get like .005% of old players to watch 400 to 600 is low. Yeah i remember having to ask aurelia who won lmao, but he was already wearing the shotgun. Id be more interested if sunrui was a castor LOL.

And btw these numbers are just for active players currently and forum accounts using email marketing. I havent even added in the amount of traction tiktok can bring. I think im undershooting hard imo.
    Last edited by degijas1; 08-08-2023 at 05:03 PM.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I say that the numbers are inflated because even if we do at this event get everything right and we get a momentary bump in viewership and player engagement, the biggest hurdle is to keep those numbers. The biggest example of this, when everything went as well as it could have gotten, was when Kadai dropped this video. May 2021, EVERY gunz server got this wave of new players, lots of old players came out of their caves, a bunch of creators put out game content, streamers started streaming it. Fast forward to now, we're back to the state of GunZ before that video. Maybe we got 5 players from that era to stay.

I'm not really sold on making this a way to get more players, I think of it as just a way to get the current community something to do or look forward to. Making excitement around it for those of us right here, right now.

I forgot to mention this on my last post but credit where it is due, shoutout to the FGunZ team for shelling out that 100 USD prize money. Monetary compensation for doing well on top of the special items is always dope.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks

sunrui = sacrificial lamb?

i would but dont know if past have replay

edit: even if people wanted to send cw clips can make something work

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

6. The following user said thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Amamin (08-08-2023)

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    nono SunRui not sacrificial lamb

SunRui = good shepherd who will save the sheep

(sheep = gunz players)

actually no need for others' footage just use your gameplay

Country
    Thanks
    I say that the numbers are inflated because even if we do at this event get everything right and we get a momentary bump in viewership and player engagement, the biggest hurdle is to keep those numbers. The biggest example of this, when everything went as well as it could have gotten, was when Kadai dropped this video. May 2021, EVERY gunz server got this wave of new players, lots of old players came out of their caves, a bunch of creators put out game content, streamers started streaming it. Fast forward to now, we're back to the state of GunZ before that video. Maybe we got 5 players from that era to stay.

I'm not really sold on making this a way to get more players, I think of it as just a way to get the current community something to do or look forward to. Making excitement around it for those of us right here, right now.

I forgot to mention this on my last post but credit where it is due, shoutout to the FGunZ team for shelling out that 100 USD prize money. Monetary compensation for doing well on top of the special items is always dope.
    Okay so i watched the video and kadai is basically teaching people how to play and what you can do on gunz. You can say its like a instruction video/ or a history of gunz which is what we need also. But with these tourneys its a different type of marketing, were targeting new and old players yes, but the aim is different. As in we're taking a different approach advertising the tourney for example. After the 2v2 tourney you typically want to immediately announce the next tourney date 3v3 and 4v4 for example. This lets people who watched the 2v2 tourney know that theres another one coming up, maybe 2 3 months from now. They might stick around for that if they enjoyed the first tournament. within those 2 3 months is where you want to push your marketing and build the hype between contestants. Kadais video is great but no one did anything to keep the momentum going hence the new players left like they always do. There was nothing to look forward to and nothing to keep them motivated enough to keep playing, they tried gunz got stomped and left. If they watched a tourney they could be like

"hmm i really like the way this pro player is playing! I want to play like this player !!" or
    "my favorite player is playing in the next tourney im excited to watch!"

boom now there's a motive. Also if we were to stream these tournaments i think GMs should gift everyone all the new shotguns / swords expiring in 1 day. So that players can mix and match and advertise those items on stream, people that are watching the stream can see what they look like in game.
    Last edited by degijas1; 08-08-2023 at 07:50 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by degijas1 View Post
    Okay so i watched the video and kadai is basically teaching people how to play and what you can do on gunz. You can say its like a instruction video/ or a history of gunz which is what we need also. But with these tourneys its a different type of marketing, were targeting new and old players yes, but the aim is different. As in we're taking a different approach advertising the tourney for example. After the 2v2 tourney you typically want to immediately announce the next tourney date 3v3 and 4v4 for example. This lets people who watched the 2v2 tourney know that theres another one coming up, maybe 2 3 months from now. They might stick around for that if they enjoyed the first tournament. within those 2 3 months is where you want to push your marketing and build the hype between contestants. Kadais video is great but no one did anything to keep the momentum going hence the new players left like they always do. There was nothing to look forward to and nothing to keep them motivated enough to keep playing, they tried gunz got stomped and left. If they watched a tourney they could be like

"hmm i really like the way this pro player is playing! I want to play like this player !!" or
    "my favorite player is playing in the next tourney im excited to watch!"

boom now there's a motive. Also if we were to stream these tournaments i think GMs should gift everyone all the new shotguns / swords expiring in 1 day. So that players can mix and match and advertise those items on stream, people that are watching the stream can see what they look like in game.
    The title also says "this game couldve been the best esports" and in the video the has a section on why didnt gunz become an esports" if youre going to label it that people playing are going to remember that hey its a dead game.. but i still want to try.. this is why i say hire a marketing team.

If im selling an ipad case my hook is going to be something along the lines of "TURN YOUR IPAD INTO A MACBOOK." In gunz' case it could be like "THE NUMBER 1 GUN GAME" etc

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a lot to marketing but i believe marketing is the backbone to any business. Its probably like 80% marketing 20% the rest lol, if you have the best pizza in the world but no one knows about it..

Have a countdown before tourney starts like league. 20 30 min countdown before the show begins. Get someone like vantae to come out for 20 30 mins and just teach new players the basics... or answer in questions in chat.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    nono SunRui not sacrificial lamb

SunRui = good shepherd who will save the sheep

(sheep = gunz players)

actually no need for others' footage just use your gameplay
    u ask i deliver teaser of wip

Last edited by SunRui; 08-09-2023 at 03:53 AM.

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

11. The following 3 users say thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Amamin (08-09-2023), degijas1 (08-09-2023), Piccolo (08-09-2023)

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Sunrui for the clutch

get hype amamin x sunrui duo boutta win this whole thing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information