Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    u ask i deliver teaser of wip

https://youtu.be/maq4z6Ejk9I
    Wow very nice!!! Good work sunrui

So in marketing we would need a hook right at the beginning. So something like "THE.. NUMBER 1.. GUN GAME IN THE WORLD.." or " THE GREATEST GUN GAME OF ALL TIME" like you have to make it seem like we have a lot of active players even if we dont, you have to make it seem like we this is the best/safest gun game ever and thatd weve been hosting tourneys for decades . But realistically its up to the admins we dont even know if they streaming it yet lol no official announcement from mcsic or dave.

Blast that video out with a page made by admins to 26k forum users .. that alone is free or very minimal costs. Use tiktok and other social media all free just creating the content part.
    Set up an analytics pages so you can see where the traffic is coming from and how many converted etc. Its a lot to explain thats why i said get a marketing team..

Nice edits tho sunrui good job
    Last edited by degijas1; 08-09-2023 at 08:40 PM.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks

still wip will finish when stuff finalized if there will be stream and whatever else zzz then staff free to use this if want w/o watermark

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Thanks
    i bet 100 coins on hikari

-AznNinja's Avatar Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by degijas1 View Post
    Wow very nice!!! Good work sunrui

So in marketing we would need a hook right at the beginning. So something like "THE.. NUMBER 1.. GUN GAME IN THE WORLD.." or " THE GREATEST GUN GAME OF ALL TIME" like you have to make it seem like we have a lot of active players even if we dont, you have to make it seem like we this is the best/safest gun game ever and thatd weve been hosting tourneys for decades . But realistically its up to the admins we dont even know if they streaming it yet lol no official announcement from mcsic or dave.

Blast that video out with a page made by admins to 26k forum users .. that alone is free or very minimal costs. Use tiktok and other social media all free just creating the content part.
    Set up an analytics pages so you can see where the traffic is coming from and how many converted etc. Its a lot to explain thats why i said get a marketing team..

Nice edits tho sunrui good job

Long time member here. On and off forum lurker & once in a blue moon I log ingame to rid the ol gunz itch. Just tonight I decided to unwind a lil after work with some quick gunz action and while I was having fun ****in around in a skill map training room, the wave of nostalgia hit me like a damn truck. Hell my whole gaming childhood memories just started flooding in lol!

Anyways I write this because these days I rarely check in and wanted to see the state of what fgunz was in. Glad to see theres still a community thriving with 100 players (atleast everytime I've gotten on the playercount was 100+).

The sentiments & want of revival that degijas and kadai have expressed is definitely what I've felt throughout the years about GunZ myself. And I bet it's what a lot of old gunz players feel as well.

What degijas said above is very true. It really just depends on what Dave & McSic want to do with this server. I wonder what their game plan is for FG in the long run. Do they see this server as end game? Or simply as a side hustle. Quite frankly I'm surprised this server is even still running. Hosting a server must cost money right? Does FG even still recieve donations? If not then why else keep this dying game/community alive? I'm not trying to stir up drama or raise hate towards them with any of this, I'm just genuinely curious about that stuff because if the goal was to collect a bag, then why wouldnt you do as much as possible to maximize earnings? I've always just been a player here, so I wouldn't know what the $ numbers are but yeah I just wonder if FG is even profitable/worth keeping alive.

Even so, I do believe GunZ can and should have a resurgence. I feel like gaming (competetive scene) is getting stale and GunZ is the perfect candidate to bring back the edge. Big games like League & Fortnite have gotten old with burnout (yes, just like gunz has) and these days I see big streamers just playing variety games rather than competitive ones. In short, I believe GunZ can have the momentum & organic growth much like Fortnite did, and we have the power to jumpstart that.

I have so much more to write but it's late night and I was just getting some lingering thoughts out. But I'll reinforce degijas's suggestion. It mostly depends on how Dave & McSic want to move foward with this server. If they want to raise the playerbase/community, they MUST invest in advertisement (just like any other business). But it also depends on us as well. We as a community need to be hungry enough to want to gain the amount of players that we seek (with user made content)

I have so many ideas and thoughts I want to share but I'ma keep it at that for this one. I'll have a more organized post sometime soon but yea

5. The following 3 users say thank you to -AznNinja for this useful post:

Dave (08-10-2023), degijas1 (08-10-2023), TomasEdison (08-10-2023)

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by -AznNinja View Post
    Long time member here. On and off forum lurker & once in a blue moon I log ingame to rid the ol gunz itch. Just tonight I decided to unwind a lil after work with some quick gunz action and while I was having fun ****in around in a skill map training room, the wave of nostalgia hit me like a damn truck. Hell my whole gaming childhood memories just started flooding in lol!

Anyways I write this because these days I rarely check in and wanted to see the state of what fgunz was in. Glad to see theres still a community thriving with 100 players (atleast everytime I've gotten on the playercount was 100+).

The sentiments & want of revival that degijas and kadai have expressed is definitely what I've felt throughout the years about GunZ myself. And I bet it's what a lot of old gunz players feel as well.

What degijas said above is very true. It really just depends on what Dave & McSic want to do with this server. I wonder what their game plan is for FG in the long run. Do they see this server as end game? Or simply as a side hustle. Quite frankly I'm surprised this server is even still running. Hosting a server must cost money right? Does FG even still recieve donations? If not then why else keep this dying game/community alive? I'm not trying to stir up drama or raise hate towards them with any of this, I'm just genuinely curious about that stuff because if the goal was to collect a bag, then why wouldnt you do as much as possible to maximize earnings? I've always just been a player here, so I wouldn't know what the $ numbers are but yeah I just wonder if FG is even profitable/worth keeping alive.

Even so, I do believe GunZ can and should have a resurgence. I feel like gaming (competetive scene) is getting stale and GunZ is the perfect candidate to bring back the edge. Big games like League & Fortnite have gotten old with burnout (yes, just like gunz has) and these days I see big streamers just playing variety games rather than competitive ones. In short, I believe GunZ can have the momentum & organic growth much like Fortnite did, and we have the power to jumpstart that.

I have so much more to write but it's late night and I was just getting some lingering thoughts out. But I'll reinforce degijas's suggestion. It mostly depends on how Dave & McSic want to move foward with this server. If they want to raise the playerbase/community, they MUST invest in advertisement (just like any other business). But it also depends on us as well. We as a community need to be hungry enough to want to gain the amount of players that we seek (with user made content)

I have so many ideas and thoughts I want to share but I'ma keep it at that for this one. I'll have a more organized post sometime soon but yea
    In the end we're still a private server which severely limits on what we can do, including advertising. Also, GunZ has a significant learning curve which for most new players is just not acceptable.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

7. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Amamin (08-10-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by -AznNinja View Post

Thanks for this! Yeah nostalgia is the reason why i made this post.. i have tons of ideas also but it only goes as far as what the owners want and what they legally can do. Im not a lawyer, im probably better at marketing than i am a lawyer lol. But, i still think there are many little things we can do to bring the player count up organically.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by degijas1; 08-10-2023 at 02:52 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    In the end we're still a private server which severely limits on what we can do, including advertising. Also, GunZ has a significant learning curve which for most new players is just not acceptable.
    I understand that there are terms and services/copy rights we cannot violate etc.. but what can we do?? We cant even stream our tournament that we host? Any lawyers in here ? Lol

Country
    Thanks
    I understand that there are terms and services/copy rights we cannot violate etc.. but what can we do?? We cant even stream our tournament that we host? Any lawyers in here ? Lol
    Officially it's not allowed due to intellectual property & DMCA. You can find that in the Twitch terms of service as well. Of course the chances are slim they will outright ban the streams, plus a report would have to be filed (which are easy to fake).
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

11. The following 2 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

-AznNinja (08-12-2023), degijas1 (08-10-2023)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Officially it's not allowed due to intellectual property & DMCA. You can find that in the Twitch terms of service as well. Of course the chances are slim they will outright ban the streams, plus a report would have to be filed (which are easy to fake).
    Ahh okay makes sense, so even if we sent out an email to our forum users would be deemed as illegal? Itd be a great tool when and if we came out with ladder. Also that other server that hosted those tourneys on twitch those are all illegal? Of course they didnt get big enough to get in trouble though.

On a second note have we tried to ask for permission from maiet to host a tourney live (as a private server) on stream? This would open a lot of doors.
    Last edited by degijas1; 08-10-2023 at 03:29 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Ahh okay makes sense, so even if we sent out an email to our forum users would be deemed as illegal? Itd be a great tool when and if we came out with ladder. Also that other server that hosted those tourneys on twitch those are all illegal? Of course they didnt get big enough to get in trouble though.

On a second note have we tried to ask for permission from maiet to host a tourney live (as a priveate server) on stream? This would open a lot of doors.
    MAIET does not exist anymore, Masangsoft Inc owns it and it's practically impossible to reach out to them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information