SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    rockets fking suck

allow rockets to CHARGE their clip by holding ALT FIRE and allowing them to shoot up to X amount of rockets depending on charge time.
    rockets fire when ALT FIRE is released, and you're unable to switch weapons until rockets are shot.
    similarity to unreal tournament and the way their rockets work. rockets are outclassed by every other explosive in the game due to bad damage and having to lead. i would rather play against rockets than grenades.

example
    https://i.imgur.com/LHiEA5Y.mp4

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Looks like a nice and fun idea. I agree that the normal rocket launchers are kinda poo poo right now.
    Few questions tho.

How long do u think it should take to charge a rocket? In mi opinione it should match the delay of the rocket launcher you are using.
    How many rockets we can charge up? I think up to 3 like the video u sent with the post.

The question im concerned with;
    How much damage should the initial rocket + the charge up rockets do? Do they all do the same damage or do the charged up rocket shots do less than the initial rocket?

Its always because of camping that i ask this but if you have 1-2 people camping in base with their charged shots we are going to have a bad time.

3. The following user said thank you to Shang for this useful post:

SunRui (08-20-2023)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Its always because of camping that i ask this but if you have 1-2 people camping in base with their charged shots we are going to have a bad time.
    ^ This is a good point.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Multiple people with this in one team would be absolute chaos if they were all able to act like a rocket artillery.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    The reason I believe rockets, similar to many other non standard weapons on gunz are hard to find a place for is because shotguns are simply just so optimized to what players play most - garden and mansion TDM and hall duels. Rockets aren't easy to play around in garden and are useless in hall, which may make it worthwhile to consider what it is that makes them feel bad to use; charging more rockets seems like a toxic way where you can just one shot somebody if youre lucky. Just throwing some ideas but what if they were moving a lot slower so people can react to them but had a bigger blast radius? What if they reflected like we can make do in the event channel?

7. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

SunRui (08-20-2023)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Looks like a nice and fun idea. I agree that the normal rocket launchers are kinda poo poo right now.
    Few questions tho.
    The question im concerned with;
    How much damage should the initial rocket + the charge up rockets do? Do they all do the same damage or do the charged up rocket shots do less than the initial rocket?

can camp with any weapon really u will never remove that aspect from game

dont care much about damage, just make them useable

rockets cant be “held” they auto shoot at full charge or when release alt fire

this give them at least opportunity of vulnerability when used by campers to let enemy team attack

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    can camp with any weapon really u will never remove that aspect from game
    Well yeah u can but there is a difference between 2 guys camping with smgs, revs, rifles, mgs and shotguns and 2 guys camping with rocket launchers.
    Rockets are AoE based, so camping in garden/ mansion base is something rockets thrive in.
    Do that with the other ranged weapons and u will get overrun quite easily.
    And if we add the charging mechanic its going to be even worse

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Well yeah u can but there is a difference between 2 guys camping with smgs, revs, rifles, mgs and shotguns and 2 guys camping with rocket launchers.
    Rockets are AoE based, so camping in garden/ mansion base is something rockets thrive in.
    Do that with the other ranged weapons and u will get overrun quite easily.
    And if we add the charging mechanic its going to be even worse
    i dont disagree, people still camp with explosive like nade mine and molotov regardless which are also aoe and also do more damage than rockets.

like said though the rockets cant be held, once u start charging them they fire no matter what when all 3? rockets r charged. u would need time to charge the rockets and then ensure the person engaging u or actually around the corner to put them to use. a lot less camp efficient than nades/molotovs which can just be thrown and do damage.
    also because of this if the rockets shoot when youre camping behind a wall the maps usually played here are small corridors so you end up damaging urself or wasting ur ammo

i do think that having more damage on first rocket than other 2 is good idea if this is too strong so they still capable of damage but not one shotting people (which i dont think should).

could test it on test server

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    also because of this if the rockets shoot when youre camping behind a wall the maps usually played here are small corridors so you end up damaging urself or wasting ur ammo
    good point tbh. People using these would have to make themselves visible for longer than regular rocket users who can just pot shot... it's a good balance. Using this mechanic, you make yourself more vulnerable to all types of damage (e.g. SG users). And it's risky as well (like you said) since if you decide to hide before all the rockets go out then you risk exploding yourself by a wall.

All in all, the viability of this weapon really depends on how long the charge time is and how fast the rockets go out... If the rockets go out almost instantly, then there will be massive problems with camping. But if they go out slowly, then they're more of a fun gimmick (which is what I believe this post intends them to be), than a real danger/game-breaker

Thread Information