Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ Garden Map Textures

Suggestion description:

Ever since the update that fixed map glitches that allowed you to see through walls, the windows in garden have had 2 "layers" of textures, making them much harder to see through unless you're using white maps or archetype v2.

Seems like the update just added an extra layer in the walls.. Was wondering if there's any way we could fix this in the future.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    use archetype v2

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    use archetype v2
    But then I can't see the stairs unless I activate light map?!
    But then there's shadows and I can't see the players as well

How can play

4. The following user said thank you to Armani for this useful post:

strawberri (12-28-2023)

EyesReye's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    The only way to make it fair for every player on any graphics setting is to edit the map and replace the windows with a transparent wall that you can shoot through.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EyesReye View Post
    The only way to make it fair for every player on any graphics setting is to edit the map and replace the windows with a transparent wall that you can shoot through.
    Still, it wouldn't be fair for every player since not everyone has the same advantages. For instance, some individuals come from less affluent backgrounds and may not have access to high-end computers. Additionally, there are players who face physical challenges, making it difficult for them to compete on an even playing field.

EDIT: Typo
    Last edited by strawberri; 12-28-2023 at 06:31 AM.
    🔥 Proud Member of SIGMA GRIND 🔥 Dive Deep, Grind Harder, Rise Above! Join the grind, be the Sigma. 🌟 #SigmaGrind 🌟

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    I dont know how to break it to you but this is basically already the case, the problem is that there is an inside and outside plane with both being forced to render twosided.
    The reason why is in the recent update all map polygons are forced to render twosided even if they arent set to do so by the map creator (there are artistic reasons for and against having polygons be twosided).
    MC believes the pro of not being able to "see through" (shoving the camera into the map geometry into the "void" and seeing distant parts of the map) the map outweighs the con of oddities and quirks like this appearing in a few places/certain maps.

There are 2 possible solutions;
    - I could make an edit for the map which consolidates the 2 "window" planes into a single centered one or just decrease the gap between the 2 planes to lessen the parallax effect and make it less obtrusive but this may feel odd to some purists/oldgens. (though the twosided rendering on the texture might already feel odd to them lol)
    - MC adds garden to the map list where twosided rendering isnt forced.

Originally Posted by strawberri View Post
    Still, it wouldn't be fair for every player since not everyone has the same advantages. For instance, some individuals come from less affluent backgrounds and may not have access to high-end computers. Additionally, there are players who face physical challenges, making it difficult for them to compete on an even playing field.

EDIT: Typo
    Gunz is a game from 2004, you shouldnt need a high end pc even with a modernized modified client version of gunz.
    Last edited by HellSniper; 01-04-2024 at 04:37 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    I think this has already been done? I was able to shoot through the windows last week with rockets.

Edit: Why not just remove the ability to see through the windows all together so there's no advantage/disadvantage between players? Problem fixed.
    Last edited by Desecration; 01-05-2024 at 01:11 AM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I think this has already been done? I was able to shoot through the windows last week with rockets.

Edit: Why not just remove the ability to see through the windows all together so there's no advantage/disadvantage between players? Problem fixed.
    I mean thats an option too, obviously i cant speak for everyone (especially since i dont actively play gunz currently so im not that involved in the community) but messing with the original maps to that degree seems a tad too far for me.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    - I could make an edit for the map which consolidates the 2 "window" planes into a single centered one or just decrease the gap between the 2 planes to lessen the parallax effect and make it less obtrusive
    This sounds like the best solution for me personally

Country
    Thanks
    Would people be happy with this?

Edit;
    A bit zoomed out shot
    Last edited by HellSniper; 01-06-2024 at 08:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information