Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

I think this has been brought up before - but could we get an option to hide Jjangs, except for any GM/admin ones of course.

I was also wondering if we could get an option to hide those awards that appear on your head like "unbelievable", "headshot", etc since they sometimes block my screen, and I can't aim as well

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

I think this has been brought up before - but could we get an option to hide Jjangs, except for any GM/admin ones of course.

I was also wondering if we could get an option to hide those awards that appear on your head like "unbelievable", "headshot", etc since they sometimes block my screen, and I can't aim as well
    there is actually a "Frag Record Mode" that removes a lot of visual stuff, including all the "unbelievable" etc etc

I disagree with the jjangs being hidden because I grinded quests to get mine and you will LOOK AT IT

3. The following 3 users say thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Armani (01-08-2024), Cid (12-30-2023), macondo (01-01-2024)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I don't rly see a justification for removing (even only on your end) everyone's jjangs. if it were yours I'd just tell you to remove it if it blocks anything for you, but people who wear jjangs usually have a very slight disadvantage compared to those who don't.

Thanks
    For a moment, they make me think they're a teammate cause they have something over their head, so an option to reduce visual clutter would be nice in that regard

Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    there is actually a "Frag Record Mode" that removes a lot of visual stuff, including all the "unbelievable" etc etc

I disagree with the jjangs being hidden because I grinded quests to get mine and you will LOOK AT IT
    haha

EyesReye's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    For a moment, they make me think they're a teammate cause they have something over their head, so an option to reduce visual clutter would be nice in that regard

I suggested this for Administrator Jjangs (and red colored names) a while ago. I kept mistaking them for a enemy when they were actually on my side. Later, if they switched to the other team, I would ignore them because I still thought they were a teammate. Takes a PB in the back to learn that they are in fact not on your side anymore lol.
    Last edited by EyesReye; 12-27-2023 at 01:59 AM.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Should be a thing, I don't think people realize how confusing it can be to encounter an enemy in TDM who wears a Twitch/GM jjang, it makes you think he's a teammate since the jjang looks like a name above the player.

Should be optional cuz we love to make everything optional

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post

agree with this

Thanks
    We already have the option to hide hats/helmets, so it'd make sense (and fit in with current options)

Country
    Thanks
    You should only be able to disable your own icons in my opinion. Like Amamin said, people buy/grind these to show them off to other players for brownie points. So why punish the players who grind for/buy them??

I can understand that they block and hinder your visuals. So just make it one sided.

As to the point of it being confusing/misinterpreting other players as teammates, etc... I agree it can be confusing AT FIRST. However, after two or three other occurrences it should be easily learned that all players can use these whether friendly or not. Basically just one of those "learn as you go" things in GunZ. Just like Kstyle was learned and understood.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    You should only be able to disable your own icons in my opinion. Like Amamin said, people buy/grind these to show them off to other players for brownie points. So why punish the players who grind for/buy them??

I can understand that they block and hinder your visuals. So just make it one sided.

As to the point of it being confusing/misinterpreting other players as teammates, etc... I agree it can be confusing AT FIRST. However, after two or three other occurrences it should be easily learned that all players can use these whether friendly or not. Basically just one of those "learn as you go" things in GunZ. Just like Kstyle was learned and understood.
    I don't understand the point of making it hard for some players if they find it confusing, it's not like people complain after playing once in a TDM with someone else who a Twitch/GM jjang, it's not the first time I hear about it as well.

How is the "I grind for it" reason is stronger than "I keep thinking the enemy is a teammate" reason in your eyes? It's not like EVERYONE gonna disable it and it won't be disabled by default, but there's no reason to make it hard for others just because you want to flex your jjang lol.

Thread Information