Jash's Avatar A S D F

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

I don't know and im not really sure with this suggestion regarding the ELO thing lol. In my knowledge, ELO determines your skill rank if im not wrong. So im making this suggestion because the ELO system seems useless and others just dont care of it and just ignoring it. In addition to that, with the influx of new players, some of the old players are just taking advantage in rekting the newbies to farm ELO so yeah I think its useless now.

Therefore, how about to put the whole ELO system in Duel Tournament? Ppl will be randomly teamed and matched up based on their ELO and gain ELO after the one whole match win and vice versa. But of course you need to revamp our duel tournament with 2s,3s,4s with best of 7 match just like clan wars because as far as I know, our duel tournament ingame is a 1v1 match up with bracket. You can also put Gladiator category for glad players. With this, maybe we can also bring back the duel tournament to its life again.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I think the original intention of Elo implementation was for an eventual ladder system that works kind of like how you described the Duel Tournament changes you suggested. I can't speak for the FGunZ staff but I think it's still being worked on, I'm not sure about this though.

Dawgzz's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    To solve this issue. They separates the newbie and pro player by main channel for example level 1-30 newbie channel 1 Level 30-50 rokie channel 1 so that high elo cant enter the room of newbie

Jash's Avatar A S D F

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dawgzz View Post
    To solve this issue. They separates the newbie and pro player by main channel for example level 1-30 newbie channel 1 Level 30-50 rokie channel 1 so that high elo cant enter the room of newbie
    youre a little bit out of topic bro lol what im talking about is about elo )

Thanks
    The elo system still needs work. It does a fair job of estimating player ability, but as you said people can farm elo depending on game mode and opponents.

-Needs diminishing returns for repeated kills on same players (to prevent farming) that doesn't reset when a player simply rejoins a room. Maybe it resets every 15 minutes, so TDMs aren't affected as much.
    -Re-balance elo gains/losses for each game mode. Elo gains in duel are too high compared to other game modes. Maybe diminishing returns will help even this out. TDM players can't compete. TDM and duel should be on equal grounds IMO

I think this would be a good place to start... Will eventually need to look into reducing elo gains for large elo disparities (1500-2000+ point differences) and creating an elo per account (that just uses the highest elo) so people can't simply reset/abuse the elo system with new chars

6. The following user said thank you to Armani for this useful post:

Amamin (01-09-2024)

Thread Information