PhantomMylo's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Fgunz:

Suggestion description:

Hello, so we have all seen the hype Fgunz had received lately, there was alot of new players,
    and even I suggested to 4 friends to download Fgunz and they did, but it was deleted the next day
    since its a hard game to play and there is no tutriol.

I think its time to add a small tutorial on how to gain exp, how to shoot how to defend etc..
    I know that there is so much to learn and teach and I'm not saying that it needs to be very explicit
    but adding such tutorial can at least make some people try and learn and not guess what they should do in this game.

furthermore I would say that applications who are user-friendly are much nicer to use so it wouldn't be bad to give the player a friendly feeling and making him stay.

It is great to see the community is growing, at the same time turotial is neccesary to make them stay and not delete it the next day.

Thank you very much babes, Phantom

Country
    Thanks
    A full blown Tutorial Mode is currently in progress.

The proof of concept / prototype is already available in-game using "/bot teach". Note, it will be drastically different on release.

3. The following user said thank you to Frooples for this useful post:

Amamin (01-10-2024)

PhantomMylo's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Thats great! Do you have a kind of small reminder of this feature in game? Because I actually had no idea it exists or else I would've given my friends this option.
    Still would say it's a great progress to see, thanks Froop

Country
    Thanks
    I sure hope it's just a prototype because my god that would be very confusing for a new player...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I sure hope it's just a prototype because my god that would be very confusing for a new player...
    Yeah... even I'm not sure what's going on here. Comparing timings to an invisible bot I guess?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    Yeah... even I'm not sure what's going on here. Comparing timings to an invisible bot I guess?
    I suppose so. I've never messed around with the bot commands to begin with. So with that being said, I can't imagine what it would be like for players who haven't ever even played the game before...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I believe it works by having you record a move and you try to repeat the exact inputs done to make that move.

The problem with it is that it records the exact same inputs and you MUST do the exact input as the recording, which doesn't work with configs that use scroll. Scrolling down for example: when you scroll down by just flicking your finger, it recognizes that as multiple instances of scroll downs because every time your scroll wheel hits one of those bumps, that's a single instance of scroll down.

Obviously nobody who uses scroll moves their scroll wheel up or down only once each bump. The exact number of scroll wheel bumps aren't supposed to be the same each time either.

Other than that, some moves require you to press two or three buttons at the same time depending on your config. With dashbreak for example -- while the sequence of the moves is technically jump > dash left > slash > swap to gun > gun dash right > shoot, it's not like I have to do space > DD > left click > 2 > AA > left click because this would just be half step. I would have to do it like space > D > D+left click > 2+A > A > left click, and the moves between the first D and the second A are done at almost the exact same motion and there's some leeway with how I sequence my button presses.

I think that, if the scroll wheel thing is fixed and it recognizes dashes of any direction, then the hardest move I can see it accurately teach is just reload half step, which should be fine for new players. Moves that require jump buffers like HHS for example don't need a precise time for you to jump, just as long as you jump before hitting the floor. Still, once players can do RSS and RHS then they should be fine relying on tutorials on youtube or help from other players at that point.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by PhantomMylo View Post
    Thats great! Do you have a kind of small reminder of this feature in game? Because I actually had no idea it exists or else I would've given my friends this option.
    Still would say it's a great progress to see, thanks Froop
    We are planning on having quite a large reminder that new players are able to spot.

Yep. This is a quick and dirty proof of concept, to show that it is possible before committing more time to it.

Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    Yeah. The bot is running amok somewhere else on the map.

I suppose so. I've never messed around with the bot commands to begin with. So with that being said, I can't imagine what it would be like for players who haven't ever even played the game before...
    You hit the mark. It will take some time to get feedback and tweak the system until it is good enough.

Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    I believe it works by having you record a move and you try to repeat the exact inputs done to make that move.

The problem with it is that it records the exact same inputs and you MUST do the exact input as the recording, which doesn't work with configs that use scroll. Scrolling down for example: when you scroll down by just flicking your finger, it recognizes that as multiple instances of scroll downs because every time your scroll wheel hits one of those bumps, that's a single instance of scroll down.

Obviously nobody who uses scroll moves their scroll wheel up or down only once each bump. The exact number of scroll wheel bumps aren't supposed to be the same each time either.

Other than that, some moves require you to press two or three buttons at the same time depending on your config. With dashbreak for example -- while the sequence of the moves is technically jump > dash left > slash > swap to gun > gun dash right > shoot, it's not like I have to do space > DD > left click > 2 > AA > left click because this would just be half step. I would have to do it like space > D > D+left click > 2+A > A > left click, and the moves between the first D and the second A are done at almost the exact same motion and there's some leeway with how I sequence my button presses.

I think that, if the scroll wheel thing is fixed and it recognizes dashes of any direction, then the hardest move I can see it accurately teach is just reload half step, which should be fine for new players. Moves that require jump buffers like HHS for example don't need a precise time for you to jump, just as long as you jump before hitting the floor. Still, once players can do RSS and RHS then they should be fine relying on tutorials on youtube or help from other players at that point.
    Yeah that's right. You try your best to repeat the same actions as the recording with the same timing. One of the main problems is that different moves will have drastically different margins for error.

Scrolling is an exception; Repeat scrolling actions in the same direction are ignored.

As for pressing multiple buttons at the same time; That is what was so weird about GunZ. I hope I found a decent way to portray such actions, which is why I made this proof of concept, but only you guys can tell me once you try it.

You guys are exceptional at breaking down my really vague videos lmao.

Also, I will admit I am not skilled enough to be recording GDHS tutorials and the like, so for the Tutorial Mode we will be allowing anyone to post their own in-game tutorials, and there will be a few ways to communicate with your student.

10. The following 2 users say thank you to Frooples for this useful post:

Amamin (01-12-2024), PhantomMylo (01-12-2024)

Thread Information