Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Happy to hear the exhibition map wasnt a letdown and being interesting and fun instead.
    It wasnt intended to be too difficult or too long winded like some of the skill maps, just a little map to showcase some possible use cases with these new features/effects.

GonzoMD1993's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Pog, tysm for the update! These are all great changes. As a quester, the Scrider changes are amazing. I really need a full set before considering rebirth and now it's going to be more likely to find them.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    We'll push a hotfix early tomorrow to fix a couple bugs we've discovered today.

4. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amamin (01-12-2024)

Bio's Avatar Miscellaneous

Country
    Thanks
    Thank you!!

Country
    Thanks
    Why grenades removed from CW? I know mines are a new feature, but nades were always part of the game as a legitimate strategy

Country
    Thanks
    What exactly was changed with the "In gameroom, users that are currently playing now have a play icon" mean? They've already had a play icon and I haven't really noticed any changes.

I like the addition of the premium item box to buy. Kind of gives those ijji vibes with that randomizer box you could buy (can't remember exactly what it was)

I think the new map ideas are really interesting. Do you guys plan to add these environmental changes to only skill maps or is there any plan to add them to already existing maps to try out and gain feedback from? Would love to have yall try them in some of the popular maps.

I think the "slippery ground" could use a bit of tinkering. It still seems pretty easy to walk through. Maybe have it drag the player down when they try to jump from an icy block?

The "fire ground" seems a bit....harsh? lol it just INSTA DEATH, no catching on fire just....dead.

Maybe there could be a way to tie some of these flooring things into maps like Battle Arena where you can choose the element setting through room options or something. Fire, Ice, Poison...whatever the host chooses is what implements in the selected areas (like the pits or the box you can fall through in mid)
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I think the new map ideas are really interesting. Do you guys plan to add these environmental changes to only skill maps or is there any plan to add them to already existing maps to try out and gain feedback from? Would love to have yall try them in some of the popular maps.
    I mean its up to the community if they want these effects added to old maps though i cant think of too many places on old/original maps where they would make logical sense, for example making the water in prison and on island slow you down comes to mind.
    Fun fact, i snuck this into the little touch up i did on my island temple map without mc knowing about it, the fire actually burns you if you stand on the fire places and walking in the water slightly slows you down or at least it should now.

I think the "slippery ground" could use a bit of tinkering. It still seems pretty easy to walk through. Maybe have it drag the player down when they try to jump from an icy block?
    It is slippery but the example in the exhibition map is merely reducing the friction which ends up being "slippery ground" so its not an "ice" element or whatever applied it just ends up feeling that way.
    The prefix "command" for it doesnt allow for modifying gravity to alter jump behavior, at least currently, idk if MC wants to further expand and improve the functionality this way.

The "fire ground" seems a bit....harsh? lol it just INSTA DEATH, no catching on fire just....dead.
    Thats just the damage i gave that section to (literally) wall off players and force them to go below to encounter the conveyor belts, the damage is fully customizable from 1 to 9999, this goes for all 4 elements as you can read about in my thread i made for aspiring map makers to take advantage of and learn.

Maybe there could be a way to tie some of these flooring things into maps like Battle Arena where you can choose the element setting through room options or something. Fire, Ice, Poison...whatever the host chooses is what implements in the selected areas (like the pits or the box you can fall through in mid)
    At least the way it is currently set up and works this is not possible but again its up to Mc if he wants to expand and improve on the features in the future.

10. The following 3 users say thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

Amamin (01-12-2024), Desecration (01-12-2024), justRelax (01-12-2024)

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks for the clarification. I did notice that the fire burned you! Lol sneaky! And ok I was thinking it was to just wall off players lol. I didn't drift too far into the map, so I'm unsure of what all there is within Exhibition.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    A hotfix has been released to fix several issues we've discovered yesterday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information