Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Menotso's Avatar Life Time Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Applying an element to the player / map hazards:
    The prefix to create them is "felement_####" followed by your regular material name.
    The first # is the element type ranging from 1 fire, 2 cold, 3 lightning and 4 poison.
    The second # is the height of this effect, creating an area above the surface in which the player is affected by it.
    The third # is the intensity/damage per second. *cold doesnt deal damage but a slow effect instead like the weapon element.
    And the last # is the duration of the effect in milliseconds.

For example a material with the prefix can look like this "felement_450100_200_materialname", this creates an area 50 units tall that slowly applies poison damage to the player.
    On the exhibition maps beginning/start you all probably dashed, ran and jumped right over the cracked holes in the floor but those pitfalls were filled with poison damage, a green smoke effect for visual and the floor triggering poison damage upon touching it and looks like this:
    https://i.vgy.me/ynykaP.png
    For some reason i thought it had the same stats as oblivion... which 'verifies' who flipped a player so it doesn't count as suicide... it's pretty weird that i can't get the kill by flipping someone to burning red tiles. I guess it's intended that way.

Gratz HellSniper, McSic and Stephanm on this awesome work!

Last edited by Menotso; 01-14-2024 at 02:54 AM.

Thread Information